Polls

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What about this site?

Very good, best in the area
81%
Needs more content
11%
Needs another layout
4%
Other f1 tech sites are a lot better
4%

Total votes: 27

Tom

Polls

Shows how evenly divided this forum is, after some 359 votes the 'who will win the constructos championship' poll is still 50/50. Great stuff.
359 votes since Oct 11, not at all bad.

I was looking through the old polls and I came across a 'what about this site' from 2002. I thought it would be interesting to reopen this poll and see how it rates 4 years on.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

There are only two motorsport related sites that I really visit on a regular basis, this and Autosport. Says it all I think.
Last edited by Scuderia_Russ on 20 Oct 2006, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

mini696

Ditto, the only sites I visit regularly (sic) are this, Atlas, and Onboard. However I do look on the Official F1 site a bit too, only for the Tech Analysis and live timing.

This site needs more technical stuff, more analysis on the changes between races and at testing.

Tp
Tp

Can't see how this site can have more content and for that reason it's probably the best all around F1 site. Although I do use other sites for news aswell as this one.

Sawtooth-spike

i only have 3 f1 websites i look at

F1.com, purely for the tech pictures, nothing else

f1racing.net, cus i can use it at work without people asking to many questions. plus its got lots of pictures.

And mainly i Use F1T.net cus, well its great, loads of info, good banter, friendly people (as long as we dont talk about schmi). Its a F1 fans site built for F1 fans, pure and simple.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Deano_266
Deano_266

this is by far the best forum based f1 site there is, theres no need to make any real adjustments to it as it looks perfect and the layout is perfect.

The only other sites i use are F1.com for tech stuff and itv.com/f1 for all the news.
Schumi the greatest will always live on in our memories

manchild
manchild

I visit f1technical, autosport and Bernie's site.

Ciro Pabón

Well, I like to read a lot. I visit once in a while all the teams sites (Bar Honda, BMW, Ferrari, Midland, RedBull, Renault, Toro Rosso, Super Aguri, Mc Laren, Toyota and Williams, oh, and Who works in F1).

I also have links to all the part providers for each team, from Alcon to Takata, but I only visit them on a need to know basis.

For the news I rely on A1 Grand Prix, Autosport, BussinesF1, Champcar, DailyF1, F1Central, F1Nutter, TotalF1, FORIX, F1i, FoxSports, ITV, MotoGP NASCAR, PlanetF1, RacingLive, RedBulletin, GrandPrixMasters and Pitpass.

When I am into history or statistics of racing I go to a2zRacer, ChicaneF1, Dennis David, Autocourse, Formula One Rejects, Gale Force, GLIBS, GP Encyclopedia and Stats F1.

My forums are 10Tenths, ChampcarFanatics, GrandPrix, F1Technical, USENET rec.autos.sport.f1. and F1Database.

Finally, when I am into my obsession (tracks) I go into Guido Di Carli Circuiti, e-Tracks, GEL, Tilke GmbH, Trackchaser and Wilson Motorsport, not to mention RacingCircuits. I guess I can go straight into del.icio.us... ;)
Ciro

manchild
manchild

Ciro, I think this poll is not about content of "My favorites" folder but about sites visited daily :wink:

I mean, don't make me post all of my F1 links :lol:

Principessa

You don't read the news on F1Technical Ciro? I'm shocked!! :shock:

Ciro Pabón

Principessa wrote:You don't read the news on F1Technical Ciro? I'm shocked!! :shock:
Of course I do! And Tomba's technical articles. Actually, I don't read too many news. :oops: I prefer editorials... When are you starting yours? I can hardly wait to read them.
Ciro

RH1300S
RH1300S

Not a great poll - it will get an overwhelming vote for the site ;) - let's face it if you are here and bother to vote, you probably like it.

Echo the comments above:

Best forum based site, news and technical very good.

I tend to go to Autosport for news first (although you guys have beaten them to it a few times :D)

And Grandprix.com

That's all I visit/need unless a link sends me out on a short trip.

P.S. this site has only got better over the last 12 months keep it up

zac510
zac510

Ciro, what's your username on 10-10ths?

The Autosport technical forum is very good too.

johny

without doubts that's the best technical site i've visited, plus it have lot's of historic documents, fresh news, a wonderfull forum with wonderfull people. That's why this is my fav one. Maybe we should focus more on the development blog but there's a forum to talk about upgrades and everything we want