Chat F1 Technical

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

don't forget Fernando
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

ketanpaul

Can Pricipessa or Tomba please finalize this? Also please let everybody know how to register and use etc......

johny

we just need a link in this web and anyone of us can do a fast read manual to explain moreless what to do to reach #f1technical.net

manchild
manchild

I think that if Tomba is too busy to do this than we shouldn't use name f1techincal.net without his permission because that domain is his property.

So if someone is willing to set this on his own than please name it #f1t instead.

It will be good enough for us to find it.

johny

yes, that's true let's wait till he comes, and #f1t it's a good discret name

Steven
Owner

Well, f1t is fine for me.
Sorry I'm in this a bit late now, but we still have time ;)

I'm all for QuakeNet on IRC, the times I use IRC it is on QuakeNet, so perfect ;) I'll contact Diesel to give it a go.

ketanpaul

Okay then, What are we waiting for guys? Make it happen !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

It all sounds good, what do I have to do?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Steven
Owner

Tom wrote:It all sounds good, what do I have to do?
Nothing much really. I'll talk with Diesel or if he's not available my brother to initiate an L bot so keep the channel. Of course, if anyone else knows what to do for bot registering, PM or mail me.

However, we would need some chat administrators, so if you are often on QuakeNet or would like to be when #f1t is fully active, let me know.

Saribro
Saribro

http://quakenet.org/faq/faq.php?c=3&f=112#112

I'm there now, only one :D. My diggs PC is always online, so I can keep the channel open for the moment. As soon as there have been 3 or more people in there for a long enough time, I can request L. Once it's there, just tell me who to give owner/master rights to and it's done :).

manchild
manchild

C'mon people! There's just two of us. We need more to keep it alive!

Download mIRC for free if you don't have one already.

http://www.mirc.com/get.html

After it installs:

Click on File, click on Select server

Open Quakenet folder choose server and click Select button on right

In mIRC options that opens enter name, email (no need for real data)
PLEASE type same nick as the one you have on f1technical as username.

Click on Connect to server button below

When you connect, click on Commands, click on Join channel, type #f1technical click OK

You're in room, enjoy :wink:
Last edited by manchild on 15 Mar 2007, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Steven
Owner

I'm having second thoughts here... wouldn't #f1technical be better anyway? Just without the .net extension then I mean.

I'll be on the channel when I get home!

Saribro
Saribro

It's all good, just tell me where to point my client :).

johny

i too prefer f1technical it's much more intuitive than f1t

downloading mirc...

joseff

Some ppl seem to have trouble connecting to quakenet. Also, for those not using mIRC (Adium, Gaim, etc) this server list should help you out:

http://staff.quakenet.org/servers.phtml