Chat F1 Technical

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phoenix

What room is it?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

manchild wrote:C'mon people! There's just two of us. We need more to keep it alive!

Download mIRC for free if you don't have one already.

http://www.mirc.com/get.html

After it installs:

Click on File, click on Select server

Open Quakenet folder choose server and click Select button on right

In mIRC options that opens enter name, email (no need for real data)
PLEASE type same nick as the one you have on f1technical as username.

Click on Connect to server button below

When you connect, click on Commands, click on Join channel, type #f1technical click OK

You're in room, enjoy :wink:

A nice crowd was in attenance, and pretty well most of us enjoyed the chat experience before and during the race. It was fun to chat with old friends, and welcome new faces. EKEKE spiced things up with a lovely tip that proved true, once again EKEKE, thanks for your contributions. Personally, this chat added to the value of spectating the race, with a constant flow of observations and specuations. I really enjoyed the chat and comaderie with everyone. A few relatively new and unknown faces make their attendance, welcome, it's real nice to see you guys.
Five thumbs up.

EKE
EKE

Thanks for the props. I'll try to bring more inside info if I can.
If its too loud, you're too old

Phoenix

I must agree with DaveKillens, that it was very enjoyable to chat while watching the race!! Thanks for welcoming me so kindly and I am looking forward to the next chat session.

nae
nae

missed chat for the race, was watching it with friends,
but it certainly brings something to practice and qualy. and no doubt the race itself

ketanpaul

Loved chatting this time around. I didnt have access to a TV this time, so all I had was live timing and users like m3_lover, joseff, iciano, saribro etc. who made the race exciting to me. What we all were constantly writing was much better than the 2 lines of commentary every 2 minutes that formula1.com gives through live timing. Everybody was giving info so fast everywhere that I really didnt feel as I was missing something. Stuff like pitstop times, incidents etc. were on the chatroom so fast, it was great!!! So, Cheers to everyone in the chatroom yesterday, and thanks for making my evening exciting.

P.S. I hope I did a nice job of letting everybody know about gap-times, and other live-timing stuff!! And oh, It would have been nice if Tomba and Principessa had joined us!

Steven
Owner

ketanpaul wrote:... P.S. I hope I did a nice job of letting everybody know about gap-times, and other live-timing stuff!! And oh, It would have been nice if Tomba and Principessa had joined us!
Hi Ketanpaul, I'm glad you enjoyed the chatting! Usually I'm there, but yesterday I wasn't able to watch and report live on the race.
Usually though (in 95% of the races) I'm present and writing a race report while the action is going on. I'm usually there on chat but it's hard to write a report, follow live timing, watch tv and chat at the same time.

ketanpaul

ketanpaul wrote:
... P.S. I hope I did a nice job of letting everybody know about gap-times, and other live-timing stuff!! And oh, It would have been nice if Tomba and Principessa had joined us!

Hi Ketanpaul, I'm glad you enjoyed the chatting! Usually I'm there, but yesterday I wasn't able to watch and report live on the race.
Usually though (in 95% of the races) I'm present and writing a race report while the action is going on. I'm usually there on chat but it's hard to write a report, follow live timing, watch tv and chat at the same time.
No worries mate, I can understand :lol: :lol: :lol: