Mark Webber making a rod for his own back?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Keir

Mark Webber making a rod for his own back?

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Pag ... 57,00.html

Given the relatively slow pace of the RB3 thus far I would have thought that he would be best off keeping his thoughts to himself.

Tp
Tp

Very un-Webber-like

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Hmm, I'd say hes just venting the 2yrs of frustration hes had. Lets hope the RB3 actually starts getting faster. It is a worry but until the week before Melbourne all testing times are pretty much worthless imo.
MMIAFN

Keir

The RB3 does look like a very neat car and seems to have some nice touches around the rear.

The rear wing appears to have been designed to give the car a 'consistent' feeling in the same way that the Renault has the past couple of years i.e. no sudden loss in grip in traffic or in fast corners, not on a knife edge.

My only worry with that is with the aerodynamic centre moving forwards that they may lack have traded in a lot rear grip in colder conditions (when the tyres have insufficent heat in them) for this consistency.

I can see a lot of winglets appearing around the back end VERY soon.

I'd be willing to bet that Red Bull Racing suddenly come alive when all the teams test in Bahrain.

whiplash

For a driver who has never done anything in f1 of note he should keep his mouth shut. Like they say its a poor workman who blames his tools.

ketanpaul

Hmm, I'd say hes just venting the 2yrs of frustration hes had. Lets hope the RB3 actually starts getting faster.
Completely agree, Webber's career (or atleast one of his best years) may well have been ruined by Williams. Had he been in McLaren or a Renault, he would have probably had the championship by now :lol: :lol:

joseff

To be honest there's a good many people leaving Williams without fond memories... just in recent years: Thiessen, Berger, Schumacher, Montoya, Webber. When Montoya left Williams it was because they were "w***ers up and down the team". Leaving McLaren it was "thanks to Ron for letting me drive NASCAR". You just don't see Rod Nelson saying bad things about Renault, or Luca Marmorini about Ferrari, or even Mike Gascoyne about Toyota.

It was a much needed break anyway... Williams can do without Webber crashing the car on the 2nd lap, Webber can do without the car self-detonating mid-race.

f1.redbaron

He has been grumpy a lot lately. IMO, in several of his last interviews which I've read, he came off as a grumpy, disgruntled old man.

Perhaps Williams hasn't been the best team lately, but it seems to me that, in his opinion, no other team he had driven for has. Now that he went back to Jaguar (just kidding), again, he will find himself driving for a middle-of-the-pack team. I don't think that I'll be long before he starts badmouthing RBR.

3KGT
3KGT

I think that webber is a talented driver, in his days at Jaguar i remember he put the thing on the front row two or three times, he just has had some bad luck and if i were him i'd be frustrated as well.

Keir

In theory Red Bull should dip further down the grid now. Mark Webber does seem to be a harbinger of doom when it comes to F1 teams!

If he had listened to Flavio back in 2004 he might have been fighting for the world championship these last 2 years.

Ray

joseff wrote:To be honest there's a good many people leaving Williams without fond memories... just in recent years: Thiessen, Berger, Schumacher, Montoya, Webber. When Montoya left Williams it was because they were "w***ers up and down the team". Leaving McLaren it was "thanks to Ron for letting me drive NASCAR". You just don't see Rod Nelson saying bad things about Renault, or Luca Marmorini about Ferrari, or even Mike Gascoyne about Toyota.

It was a much needed break anyway... Williams can do without Webber crashing the car on the 2nd lap, Webber can do without the car self-detonating mid-race.
Don't know if you read F1 Racing, but good ole Gazza ain't been very nice in respects to Toyota.

jaslfc
jaslfc

webber should not be talking --- bout williams.. its hard for williams without a manfacturer backing.. and i think by far they are the top private team..

lets see the look of webbers face when williams do better than him..

Keir

Ray wrote:
joseff wrote:To be honest there's a good many people leaving Williams without fond memories... just in recent years: Thiessen, Berger, Schumacher, Montoya, Webber. When Montoya left Williams it was because they were "w***ers up and down the team". Leaving McLaren it was "thanks to Ron for letting me drive NASCAR". You just don't see Rod Nelson saying bad things about Renault, or Luca Marmorini about Ferrari, or even Mike Gascoyne about Toyota.

Don't know if you read F1 Racing, but good ole Gazza ain't been very nice in respects to Toyota.
From what I've heard though there are a lot of Renault personnel without anything nice to say about Mike Gascoyne ... make of that what you will.

joseff

Canceled my subscription long ago... F1t.net is much more entertaining! :D Thanks for the info.

zenvision

The world pot, kettle, black come to my mind.

If Williams are Toyota's B team because they share engines, Webber should be reminded that Red Bull are Renault's B team! :)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari