Best F1 high-res photo find ever!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
greenpower dude reloaded

I was just going through this huuge library of pictures, and I wondered If anybody could tell me what the car on the far left of this... http://photos.racing-live.com/f1/photos ... po_171.jpg ... picture is. Was this the car they used as a test bed the season before they entered into F1? I can't see what other formula it would fit in to and the others (apart from the GT-One *droool* and the rally car) look as though its a natural progression from the car in question.

Any Ideas?

ferrarigp
ferrarigp

Thanks for the tip with opera.

Could you possibly explain to me quickly how you manage to do a working spreadsheet that works with opera?

Thanks.

benjabulle
benjabulle

greenpower dude reloaded wrote:I was just going through this huuge library of pictures, and I wondered If anybody could tell me what the car on the far left of this... http://photos.racing-live.com/f1/photos ... po_171.jpg ... picture is. Was this the car they used as a test bed the season before they entered into F1?
Any Ideas?
yes, it is.

Ciro Pabón

ferrarigp wrote:Thanks for the tip with opera.

Could you possibly explain to me quickly how you manage to do a working spreadsheet that works with opera?

Thanks.
Simplicity itself: in Excel 2003, "save as" html the worksheet. Elliminate the "empty" sheets in your worksheet before saving (not required, just for creating less files).

The file YYYY.htm is the "main file".

The files YYYY_sheet01.htm, YYYY_sheet02.htm, etcetera, are the sheets themselves.

The file YYYY_filelist.xml is, well, the list of files that make the html page.

The file YYYY_tabstrip.htm is the strip at the bottom of the page with the names of the sheets.

The file YYYY_stylesheet.css contains the info for styles (format).

You need all of them in the same directory as the "main file" to be able to open the worksheet in your favorite browser. The browser must support cascading stye sheets (the formatting protocol). IE 6 does, Opera does, FF surely does.

Fittipaldi is with a "d" but also with double "t".
Ciro

manchild
manchild

Ciro Pabón wrote:Once you are finished with the first "set" of photos, go to step 3 and create a new subdirectory for the next set, for example 200405 (unfortunately, the photos have the same name, for example "diapo_101", so if you continue your download, you will erase the first set).

Repeat the process, clicking on the panel to the left to open the next set, for example 200405.
There's a way to put all files in same folder without manual renaming.

After you download first set, open that folder, select all files from that set and press F2. Enter name (for example Senna_set1) and click enter. Windows explorer will rename all files by applying that name and a number to make each file unique. When you're done just go back to Opera and download next set in same folder. When each next set is downloaded select files named "diapo..." and rename them before downloading next set. :wink:

:arrow: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320167

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Woody wrote:Just thought I would save you all some time and I have made a spreadsheet up that creates all variations on the links that MC has supplied. Some of the links will not point to anything but the ones asociated with the photos should work ok.

I have created this on OpenOffice and saved it as an Excel 97, 2000,XP worksheet. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you and I will also post the original OpenOffice Doc.

http://www.freewebs.com/gjwimages/photo_links.xls
Nice one Woody. Opening up those links is like a box of chocolates "y'never know what yer gonna get".
Great!
Don't think I'll be getting any work done today.

cool - http://photos.racing-live.com/f1/photos ... po_117.jpg

MildaEvilda
MildaEvilda

Ciro Pabón wrote:C'mon, guys, you can download all photos with a couple of clicks, if you use Opera (have I already recommended it?)...
Thanks for guide :wink: Image

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

MildaEvilda wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:C'mon, guys, you can download all photos with a couple of clicks, if you use Opera (have I already recommended it?)...
Thanks for guide :wink: Image

chasefreak
chasefreak

if someone has already downloaded all the pics could they pls rar and upload it soem where so others can download ...
thankzzz

manchild
manchild

chasefreak wrote:if someone has already downloaded all the pics could they pls rar and upload it soem where so others can download ...
thankzzz
That would be illegal. You can't upload material you don't own to your site or some rapid share server. There's a huge difference between linking and disposing files.

chasefreak
chasefreak

actually i knew that was going to be the interpretation
thankzz manchild