Kimi fall asleep during race in Melbourne!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
onon
onon

Kimi fall asleep during race in Melbourne!

Kimi said:

"We knew that the start was crucial: I gave my all to hold the position I had conquered the day before and I succeeded. Once ahead of the pack after the first turn, things became slightly easier, although I could not communicate with my engineer Chris Dyer. We knew that our rhythm in the race was very competitive: I did not have to go to the limit, but maybe if the radio had worked I would have gone faster. On one occasion - just about ten laps before the end the race - I almost fell asleep! I got distracted, my concentration levels dropped a bit and I blocked the wheels and took turn number 3 slightly too wide: even without radio I knew that they were saying: 'Kimi, wake up!'"

unbelievable.

chasefreak
chasefreak

i think he still keeps the title ICE MAN....
i do rememeber a few years a go he actually fell a sleep before the start of a race.....
the guy is just to chilled out

Tom

Sounds more like he's got some serious mental health issue.

Its amazing he's so calm but you can't help thinking that he is trying to phsyc out the competition. 'Winning is so easy its boring' kind of thing.

Why's this in aero chat anyway? should be in general.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

ginsu
ginsu

why am i not surprised, heck i was falling asleep too. :)
I love to love Senna.

Ciro Pabón

ginsu wrote:why am i not surprised, heck i was falling asleep too. :)
:lol:

Probably he was watching the race in the new cockpit monitor...

"You're a master of exposing tedium" --Dieter, SNL--
Ciro