Shell/Ferrari Commercial

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall
bhall

Shell/Ferrari Commercial

http://www.partizan.com/partizan/media/clips/729.mov
(I suggest right-clicking on the link to save it to your computer so it can be played at 2x size.)

Whoever made this ad knew exactly what he/she was doing.

Those Ferraris of the past are simply gorgeous; it's amazing to see them running through the streets.

allan
allan

amazing...
is this the first ad. of that series that shell said it would be the most expensive commercials ever?

West
West

The run through Hong Kong was the best.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

tomislavp4

Stunning :shock:

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

brilliant. :shock:
Just watched it for the 10th time.
That bit on the freeway when the tyre nurfs the barrier. Fab.
Great stuff.

You know, this is a bit of scoop. I can't find it anywhere else on the web.
Well done!

Minicucci

I just downloaded it... watched it 4 times.. and everytime I get goosebumps. I love formula 1 today, but can it even be compared to what it used to be in the 50's-early 70's? Shell did an amazing job with this one.

tomislavp4

I watched it so many times, I lost the count :lol:
The sound of the 3rd one drives me crazy

fwa2500

funny.......i posted that exact link in the batracer forum and now the same link has popped up on several sites i frequent......must be a hit ;) :D

http://forum.batracer.com/$1N//-ff?-fi? ... /2QX/-fm?0

(was a pain in the ass to grab that link.....i had to go through the source code of the site to get the raw link to the file....)

Carbon
Carbon

Like many, downloaded and watched a several times, brilliant! Is there a series of these commerials, or is this a one-off?

Carbon
Carbon

Like many, downloaded and watched a several times, brilliant! Is there a series of these commerials, or is this a one-off?

Carbon
Carbon

Carbon
Carbon

allan
allan

Dude carbon!! we got the idea man :lol:

trinlico
trinlico

Loved it,

only wished there was a Ferrari from the prost/mansell/berger/alboreto kinda era.

Otherwise wonderful

Tom

Its beautiful, even the modern ones, I think they chose just the right cars for it too. trinlico, they didn't show these cars because they were a dark era for Ferrari, between Mansell winning in the early 90s and MS starting to win in '96/7. None of these cars were succesful.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.