Ferrari Technical Detail

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Tom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/education ... _rev.shtml I was revising from this site anyway and it gives a pretty good explanation of gas laws.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Rob W

Another explanation of gas laws.

It's hot! :P
[IMG:350:248]http://i5.tinypic.com/6ftmiyf.jpg[/img]

Are Ferrari more prone to this with their gills?

Rob W

FLC
FLC

I've noticed that on both stops Massa's car was rolling forward a little bit. I have no idea why such a thing would happen, maybe something with the coordination of the jack people or Massa's fault, but my theory is that when the refueling guys took the nozzle out it wasn't in line with the hose adapter anymore so that the few drops fell closer to the back and hotter part of the car. Anybody else noticed something like that?

Tom

The comentators suggested he jumped the start a little but got the car stopped before we went green. I wonder if he might have had some clutch issue.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

Over here the commentators were saying that the clutch pickup is so fast that he must have put it in gear and was starting to roll off....By the way I saw a slow motion video of the tire of Nick Heidfeld and I still cannot believe how he stayed on track..I will try to get the link as you can the wheel almost coming off numerous times. Did anybody catch his engineering talking/kinda of yelling at him..whoever was that cameraman should get a raise as it was nice seeing that because it looked like he just sneaked into the garage area.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

bizadfar
bizadfar

m3_lover wrote:Over here the commentators were saying that the clutch pickup is so fast that he must have put it in gear and was starting to roll off....By the way I saw a slow motion video of the tire of Nick Heidfeld and I still cannot believe how he stayed on track..I will try to get the link as you can the wheel almost coming off numerous times. Did anybody catch his engineering talking/kinda of yelling at him..whoever was that cameraman should get a raise as it was nice seeing that because it looked like he just sneaked into the garage area.
Do you have a link to detailed video of it?

m3_lover

Not that I know of, but it was on the speed channel (the commenators)
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

antrock
antrock

Ferrari are finally testing those ears behind front tyres. And they look pretty big to me!

Oh hello everyone, I have been lurking around for some months now but just decided to join - love this site!!!

modbaraban
modbaraban

Thanx for the picture and welcome!

m3_lover

looks like the style from Renault

Militia Est Vita

m3_lover wrote:looks like the style from Renault
Question is if they will work with the F2007, so far smaller ears seem to be more effective as in the cases of the R26 or the ones on the MP4-22. :wink:

tomislavp4

They´re not big, they are HUGE :lol:

siskue2005

they have changed the barge board aswell?
or was it already present

modbaraban
modbaraban

Sorry for the a bit of OT, but:

didn't RB3 have chimneys merged with T-wings lately? Now it's just flaps like Ferrari's :?

siskue2005

is it me or, is the nose near the cockpit more upwards...and the end of nose more curved downwards?