Ferrari Technical Detail

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Hi antrock, glad to meet you. Welcome to the forum.
I also picked up those winglets being tested at Silverstone. I doubt if they are very serious about them, most of the testing did not include them.
One slight change is the addition of an air hole on the very tip of the nose. Many teams have used that position, but Ferrari never had a hole there, until now.

modbaraban
modbaraban

DaveKillens wrote:One slight change is the addition of an air hole on the very tip of the nose. Many teams have used that position, but Ferrari never had a hole there, until now.
They have it since Canada.
But now it looks sort of different :? it was dark and now there's a bit of white...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

siskue2005 wrote:is it me or, is the nose near the cockpit more upwards...and the end of nose more curved downwards?
Is this a picture from Silverstone testing as well? Because in this picture the F2007 doesn't have the "ears".
FIAT has returned after lending it's spot to Case IH for the North American races.

And no, I believe the nose is "normal" still, maybe it looks different because of the angle the photograph was taken from. Maybe getting a clearer look from different angles will help out.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

siskue2005

yes it is the photo from today's practice!

i guess they tried it without the ears aswell 8)

modbaraban
modbaraban

is it just me or they changed the color (again) ?

antrock
antrock

i think you are right, it does appear to be brighter red again - maybe the traditional red brought them bad luck as it did in early 90s :lol:

Tifoso

I am going to do a copy-paste from the topic Ferrari F2007 of the other forum (General), as I didn't know this one here about it:

Some updates in our car!

As you can see:

-New small winglets in front of the cockpit
-New "plates" (I don't know how to call them), or radial "things" for the front wheels, with a curved form
-Thinner arms in the mirrors
-Also thinner or at least more straight end part of the top element from the front wing
-Curved down part of the front down wing that nearly touches the other part.

miqi23
miqi23

Ferrari should hire an astrologist or some one involved in black magic. In that way they can sort their problems out. The colour scheme did not help, black magic and perhaps voodoo might help lol...

All Todt need to do is to get a voodoo doll sorted for the leading driver and hold his hand tight during a corner so that he crashes. This would give lead to Ferrari as a result. The next thing would be each team boss holding a voodoo doll each and pulling each others legs and god knows what lol... Sorry just being stupid that all :mrgreen:

modbaraban
modbaraban

Tifoso wrote:-Also thinner or at least more straight end part of the top element from the front wing
Was already there before North American GPs. Back to high DF :wink:
Last edited by modbaraban on 21 Jun 2007, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Tifoso

modbaraban wrote:
Tifoso wrote:-Also thinner or at least more straight end part of the top element from the front wing
Was already there before North American GPs. Back to high DF :wink:
Ok thanks! Well... those new bits where added by a friend on my picture so... ... ... :roll: It wasn't me! :lol: An update of my last pic:

P.S: I'm sorry, but what does "back to high DF" mean? (HD?) :oops:

siskue2005

high DOWN FORCE = DF :D

BTW the Ferrari Car looks sooooooooooooooo Sexxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyy :shock:

mahesh248
mahesh248

guess the nose it totally changed and the car is not more zero keel , the lower wing profiles are adjusted, new winglets and stuff , hope it helps the car go faster ..

siskue2005

mahesh248 wrote:guess the nose it totally changed and the car is not more zero keel , the lower wing profiles are adjusted, new winglets and stuff , hope it helps the car go faster ..
i said that few posts ago.... that the whole nose near the cockpit aswell is changed :shock:
it seems that its Twin Keel ??? :?:

tomislavp4

I hope it will go slower so the BMW´s can overtake them :twisted:

Just joking :D I was surprised because ferrari didn´t adopt the ears when allmost everyone else did, anyway we´ll see how they go in France :wink:
edit: wings on the brakeintakes, were those there before?

Saribro
Saribro

edit: wings on the brakeintakes, were those there before?
yup, pretty much all season even, I think.