Temp job during races?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marcosp
marcosp

Temp job during races?

Do you guys (and girls) know anything about applying for a temp job (anything as long as I can be there) during a race week? I live in Sao Paulo and speak English, and I'd love NOT to have to pay to be there again.

Thanks!

manchild
manchild

Re: Temp job during races?

Perhaps you could check which tow-truck owners/companies are hired for Brazilian GP and than try finding a connection to go as a driver's assistant.

Various personnel is hired over the weekend - electricians, firefighters, window washers, cleaners, hospitality, ticket salesman, gardeners, plumbers, painters even non qualified personnel for mounting billboards and similar manual labor. So try getting in touch with someone who knows someone or directly apply at companies that sell their services to organizers of GP.

marcosp
marcosp

Cool, I 'll do some research then... I tried to get a flagman position but they said those guys have been doing it for years and they're not looking for new ones. It figures!!

:D

manchild
manchild

marcosp wrote:Cool, I 'll do some research then... I tried to get a flagman position but they said those guys have been doing it for years and they're not looking for new ones. It figures!!

:D
Yep, it takes many years of experience in lower racing series to get in F1. If you're looking for quick fix forget marshaling but in a long term it pays.