Singapore confirmed too

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pRo

Singapore confirmed too

Seems we have two new races next year. First Valencia, now Singapore.

It's supposed to be driven in september or october. Designed by Tilke and 4.8km long in the harbour.

Apparently they still haven't decided whether it will be run during daytime or night.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

fatmouselai

Re: Singapore confirmed too

pRo wrote:Apparently they still haven't decided whether it will be run during daytime or night.
Umm...

F1 official website has a Singapore GP news.

It seems to be public roads and night race...sounds crazy
████████████ Forza Ferrari !!!

pompelmo
pompelmo

jaslfc
jaslfc

YEAH>>> i can attend 2 f1 races a year.. Sepang ang Singapore!!!

pRo

Elsewhere the guy from Singapore said there's still a chance that it'll be a normal day race, if they can't guarantee safety for the night.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

naknak_56

Fantastic another street track, anyone have pics of the layout? will it be another mickey mouse monaco? Is there any chance of F1 not turning into a Champcar style street circuit championship?

Tom

I know what you mean, but I think if we stop at Singapore we'll be OK. Street Circuits are usually more interesting to watch but then again circuits are designed to promote overtaking and test drivers skill and control to the maximum.

I'd rather go to the A1GP South Africa track than Singapore though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

teamjeremia
teamjeremia

naknak_56 wrote:Fantastic another street track, anyone have pics of the layout? will it be another mickey mouse monaco? Is there any chance of F1 not turning into a Champcar style street circuit championship?

naknak_56

Thx doesn't look too bad, next question is how wide is it?

ds.raikkonen

They ll probably charge parking fee too.. :lol:
like they do ad nauseam everywhere to other ppl...man! the parking fee is un-f@#$%* believable! :shock: ..well, cant complain either, singapore has nt exactly got a wide open space out there!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

overdrayv

Webber testing the Singapore street circuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51kWS1a8E8

siskue2005

I guess it should be a good one ;)
and they will confirm the Indian GP by 2008 , which will also be a street race 8)

ds.raikkonen

Yeah it will be..with F1 cars roaring at Janpath, New Delhi 8) ...cant wait, but what im really looking forward for is the Russian GP at St. Petersburg...it ll be a contrast sight..with the old city filled with the roar of ultra modern F1 V8 engines
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

teamjeremia
teamjeremia

This is probably a more correct layout of the track.

From wikipedia

m3_lover

what a surprise Mark is driving a Renault :D
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.