KERS revs up

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Conceptual
Conceptual

Re: KERS revs up

Carlos wrote:" I didn't endorse Alex Jones, nor his movie, just the fact that Endgame points out the global-warming/anti-carbon belief is manufactured, purchased, programmed and then proclaimed truth without any real in-arguable points." Chris

Chris, you did endorse the video clip from Alex Jones Endgame film as an authoritative reference to advance an argument, but it is only undocumented opinion, in addition you support the contents as the definitive truth on" the global-warming/anti-carbon belief is manufactured, purchased, programmed and then proclaimed truth without any real in-arguable points."

Yet at the same time you don't endorse Alex Jones, nor his movie? How does that work? It must be similar to being a little bit pregnant?

Name calling does you no credit, attack the post, not the poster.
I didnt come here saying that Endgame is the definitative work on current world politics, just that someone else has pointed out that there IS PROOF that the elite of this planet understand and have endorsed the Carbon issue as a sorce of terrorism to assert MORE power over the masses. If it was discussed as a usurpation platform, or merely speculation that people will give up personal freedoms in the name of saving the planet, I do not know, but this clip shows that someone has done an aweful lot of research, as well as confronted top level propaganda personalities with his argument.

To simply blow it off as a conspiracy theory, or tin-foil hat paranoia is a personal affront because Checkered insinuated that I belonged in that catergory.

Checkered, I have read many, many, MANY of your book-like posts on here where you go on and on about YOUR passion, I just find it a bit hypocritical for you to state that he is WRONG or malinformed about HIS passion. Especially when you havent even seen the entirety of the work that this clip is a part of.

Watch it, then you can come and issue factual arguments to support your dismissal of the work as paranoia propoganda. I may have gone too far by calling you names, but I think you went too far with your bigotry.

I apologize for the name calling, and I sincerely hope that you watch the movie Endgame. If anything, it teaches you where most of the current government "support" systems in the US originated. The conclusions that you draw as to their TRUE mission are just as relevant as his, so I would like to see the facts that YOU can present to discredit the work that you disrespected in your previous post.

Or you can admit that you base your knowledge upon what other reviewers have said.

Chris

Belatti
Belatti

You have crossed the line Chris, but I appreciate that you then apologized.

I don´t think Checkered is a bigot personality, but he is definitively a clever guy. Maybe he was being a little sarcastic, but you have to admit that those "paranoia theories of conspiracy" are at least a bit funny.

I watched Zeitgeist, read many articles about the same topic and I´m definitively gonna watch Endgame, but at the end of the day you sit back, have a cold beer and chips with your friends and say: "the couple of guys that control this planet must be very smart, because life to me seems very very good" :)

We all do just what we want, and if Hitler and Rockefeller grandsons are having some influence in us, well, shame on us, not them. They can go to hell with their world domination plans because all I need is love from a chick, fun with my friends and hopefully one day a lil´ Belatti winning at F1 :wink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CASE CLOSED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back on topic, I would like to get some numbers about this, so I´ll start working on it and then let you all know:

A road car with:
- A flywheel per axe to recover energy from brakes (don´t like batteries till they nano-improve specific enery/weight output to the numbers Ciro many times posted)
- A tiny displacement efficient turbocompressed ICE
- A heat recovery system to generate some steam (turbine) using the heat remaining after the expansion in the turbo turbine ( :? ) and heat from the engine cooling system.

If someone jumps and says "you would only get tiny 3hp almost all the time with that heat recovery system" I will answer:
OK, we have got some efficiency, but not right where we want it to be.
Those 3hp are enough to accelerate the car in traffic jams and will come from what we are now throwing to the air!

BTW, if one day these systems are implemented, I´ll be the first to buy stocks in some clutch manufacturing companies :wink:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

GrndLkNatv
GrndLkNatv

1. Since the car is made up of large amounts of resin encased carbon fiber is it not a good electrical conductor?
2. The spinning fly wheel on the KERS system sitting next the magnetic field surrounding the engine and spinning at 19k rpm, will it not itself generate electricity or static electricity?
3. Since the engine and the KERS in a formula one car are a structural member of the car, that is the engine is a load bearing member of the car, would not that allow for the electrical current stored in the KERS to be directly transfered to the carbon fiber body of the car?
4. A guy from NASA last night on TV said that a car is a capacitor traveling on insulators, is this not true?

I have been told I was a nut when I brough up these topics elsewhere. What are your responses and who here is the expert?

BTW, today Toyota announced that they will not have KERS ready for 2009...
Machines are fixed with tools and parts and people with kindness and understanding.

twoshots
twoshots

1 and 4 - yes. Carbon fibre is a good conductor of electricity, however the resin is not. If the resin doesn't completely cover all the fibres this allows conduction. Now you have a conducting body separated from ground by rubber types, i.e. a capacitor. All you need is a BMW engineer to ground your chassis/bodywork...I always get sparks of my wife's car but she doesn't drive quite as quick to cause the accumulation of static on the car body.

2, well no, not really. Assuming the flywheel is not made of a ferrous material it will not generate any charge. Although you might like to look at the Farady disc... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homopolar_generator
To create static would require friction and the flywheel would be spinning in a vacuum to reduce friction losses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect

GrndLkNatv
GrndLkNatv

So my next question is this:

1. So I have carbon fiber encased in resin, it has a power source, and the question I have is would it act like a capacitor? I mean how much energy could it store? Any examples?
Machines are fixed with tools and parts and people with kindness and understanding.

TriumphST
TriumphST

twoshots wrote:1 and 4 - yes. Carbon fibre is a good conductor of electricity, however the resin is not. If the resin doesn't completely cover all the fibres this allows conduction. Now you have a conducting body separated from ground by rubber types, i.e. a capacitor. All you need is a BMW engineer to ground your chassis/bodywork...I always get sparks of my wife's car but she doesn't drive quite as quick to cause the accumulation of static on the car body.

2, well no, not really. Assuming the flywheel is not made of a ferrous material it will not generate any charge. Although you might like to look at the Farady disc... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homopolar_generator
To create static would require friction and the flywheel would be spinning in a vacuum to reduce friction losses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect

Air is a conductor, more so when humidity is at saturation, racing in the wet?