Canadian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

waynes wrote:i believe a renault grenaded? any pictures? im in work

thanks
It was Kovalainen

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

and he's crashed in Q1 causing a red flag :roll:

joseff

Great Qualifying. Too bad Ferarri's chances are shot as they're going to waste quite some time behind Heidfeld.

Looks like another 2 horse race.

Torso
Torso

Hamilton to win his first GP tomorrow?

Is there going to be another team order*...eh sorry.. eh.. race tactical preferential treatment in favour of Alonso that Hamilton must realise is the best interest of the team even though he is the quicker driver between the two of them so far this season.. OR is Dennis going to allow Hamilton to win this time..(not taking him in early for pit-stops, not order* him to keep his position, not ordered* not race Alonso..)

*) not McLarens definition obviously..

mahesh248
mahesh248

Are u an Englishman ...?

johny

yes he'll win, and teams orders are forbidden as far as i know

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Hamilton's first pole. Could we also see his frst win tomorrow?

Sawtooth-spike

Yawn!

I really do think Ron did something to upset you torso.

Yes hamilton can win tomorrow, and as was said above there have been no team orders because they were banned.

But anybody could win tomorrow, this track brings out mistakes in even the best driver, so anybody could win...... Well anybody other than ralf :D
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

Well, I'm an Alonso-fan, but I believe he deserves it to win a GP, Hamilton that is. Of course, if he proves to be better than Fernando tomorrow. The first corner will say it all.

Good job of Heidfeld! Outpacing both Ferrari's! Congrats Nick :wink:

vyselegend

Poor Heikki. His week end so far certainly didn't help extinguishing the rumors of his potential replacement by Piquet. Flavio' head was scary...

I'm surprised by Toyota's attitude also. They said they have understand their problem and are OK to race, but the advice to their drivers to avoid kerbs at turtn eight sounds more like they haven't solved the problem...
I really hope they're not silly enough to race unsafe cars on this track which is far from being a security reference. What sort of race pace do you hope from a driver knowing his suspention could fail anytime at 300 km/h+? :roll:

manchild
manchild

Heikki's crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ4up37UenA

Spyker flying

Saribro
Saribro

Heh, and he just keeps turning that wheel, no giving up there :D.

checkered

Poor Heikki. His week end so far certainly didn't help extinguishing the rumors of his potential replacement by Piquet. Flavio' head was scary...
It's evidently very tough

on Kovy ... he spent quite a while testing what clearly was the dominant car of the series. Alas, this season's vehicle doesn't warrant quite that level of confidence and it's as if he's trying to force that on the equipment by sheer willpower. Also, there's no testing on street circuits and he's used to testing the limits with bigger runoff areas.

Of course the press jumps the gun on Piquet and all sorts of speculation ... though if I were Nelson I'd be wary of starting my career with the R27. Anyway, Heikki is the guy who fought, blow for blow, in GP2 against the dominant ART team. That driver hasn't gone anywhere - but for the team to keep in line with their aim at always being in top three ...

... I'd say that from French GP on, his performance has to be on a different level. On a regular points finish, top eight qualifying kinda level. This weekend the team took a risk in deciding to run the already dodgy Monaco engine (in order to get a fresh one for US GP) and that backfired spectacularly.

That isn't Kovy's fault, but having to start with a fresh engine now and taking it to Indy will surely cut into what he can do, especially as he needs the laps as a rookie on an unfamiliar circuit.

manchild
manchild

All that talk coming from Renault about how they've closed the gap proved to be just talk. R27 is a giant failure and even if Heikki didn't have so much bad luck he'd hardly be in front of Fisichella who is 9th.

They can forget about fighting BMW for third in WCC. If I was on their place I'd fulfill my contract to sponsors, appear on every race to avoid penalties to FOM and invest 0.00 $ in R27 development.

That car won't see the podium in 2007 unless all Mclaren, Ferrari and BMW cars DNF. They should also select drivers for 2008 now and sack one of the current (you know who I'd prefer) giving chance to new driver to gain experience.

If I had to bet I'd put my money on Red Bull for podium in 2007 rather than Renault. Hopefully ING will see no profit but loss in 2007 so that Renault can start fresh in 2008 with new car, new driver, new main sponsor and new livery.

Saribro
Saribro

manchild wrote:Hopefully ING will see no profit but loss in 2007
http://www.ing.com/group/showdoc.jsp?do ... =ivr%7Cqtr

That's nearly €2B of net profit in a single quarter in case you are too lazy to check the link.
Banks do not lose money :).