Canadian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
joseff

I think I missed Wurz' only stop. Did he get the wing fixed? He was extremely lucky to get away with it and finish at all. He could very easily have done a Kubica.

manchild
manchild

vyselegend wrote:
manchild wrote:
5. Red Bull Renault on podium - just as I've suggested some time ago.
Huh? Were did you see that?! :shock:

So far the podium is Ham, Heid and Wurz isn't it?
Sorry, I was under impression of what happened to Kubica and made a mistake. I've deleted it now.

Last time I've seen something as sinister as Kubica's crash was in Imola 1994.

vyselegend

Seeing Robert frozen in the destroyed car certainly reminded bad things. It is a common appreciation that the most spectacular and accident is, the less damge there is, due to the law of energy tranfert (people hurt themself most while falling straight than when rolling a lot, etc), but Robert's crash was obviously putting him under very heavy loads. He probably fainted after the frontal shock and won't ever remember what happened.

Did he touch the Toyota btw or just went wide on his own?

m3_lover

He touched the toyota and I'm thinking that Timo Glock will replace Kubica for the U.S.A
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

vyselegend

m3_lover wrote:He touched the toyota and I'm thinking that Timo Glock will replace Kubica for the U.S.A
So he touched, thanks.

Wouldn't Vettel be BMW's first choice for Kubica's replacement?

Venom
Venom

I never understood why drivers tend to get broken leg as a result of crash.

:roll:

Schumi, Ralf, Panis, Kubica... and few others few others and some as well without a scratch on other parts of the body... but broken legs.

I wonder what goes on "down there" :? :? :?

ADD/EDIT:

I would really like to see Sebastian Vetell get a chance to race...
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

yzfr7
yzfr7

Yeah, he touched the toyota, but I was really scared by the car stopped at the gravel (a Toro Rosso I guess). If I saw right, the first thing Kubica touched was this car, where he lost the right-front wheel. Of course it is easy to say now, but maybe it was an error from the marshals to left the car there. And also they should make a tire barrier at the local for next years, now that there is proof a big shunt can occur there.
pax

m3_lover

I think Vettel is in the Renualt Series..and now there is some confusion now if Kubica actually broke his leg..with Mclaren's transmission saying he did..and now Dr Mario and the BMW with no comment yet and that he is fine.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

waynes
waynes

wont it be vettel that replaces him?

Principessa

Crazy race. Due to all the safety car periods, the results aren't "normal".

But of course at this moment, my thoughts are with Robert Kubica. When I saw the accident, it was like Senna all over again! Such a crash. It's a miracle that he is save. It shows how strong the F1 cars are at this time! I wish him a fast recovery and I hope that this doesn't mean the end of his season! My thoughts are with you Robert!!

manchild
manchild

Here's a clip of Kubica's crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2pQfQRa5M

Really, really unacceptable unprotected walls left at the end of the straight line. Race organizer can screw up but the race can't go on without FIA approval and whoever said "ok" must have been drinking in the paddock instead of walking around the circuit.

As I've said million times before - a fistfull of dollars worth bunch of old tyres could have prevented Imola 1994 and fortunately not that horrific Canadian GP 2007. But hey... Max is busy with CDG wings, banning and reintroducing TC and doing everything but what he is supposed to do. :evil:

manchild
manchild

Venom wrote:I never understood why drivers tend to get broken leg as a result of crash.

:roll:

Schumi, Ralf, Panis, Kubica... and few others few others and some as well without a scratch on other parts of the body... but broken legs.

I wonder what goes on "down there" :? :? :?

ADD/EDIT:

I would really like to see Sebastian Vetell get a chance to race...
Torso of the driver is firmly secured to seat by seat belts and it can't move while head, arms and legs can move. Legs can "rattle" inside the cockpit and hit the walls of it and not any less important - front of the cockpit is not closed and elements of the broken car can fly in and injure driver just as front suspension elements, steering system, main brake cylinders and pedals can injure driver if they break off under impact.

Last edited by manchild on 10 Jun 2007, 22:47, edited 3 times in total.

jddh1

vyselegend wrote:
Did he touch the Toyota btw or just went wide on his own?
He did touch the Toyota. Yes.

Also, I'd like to mention that it sucks watching an F1 race on an US network. They showed the race on Fox today. First of all there's no pre-race programming. They joined WHILE on the formation lap. Then, there's tons of commercials DURING the race itself. I need some Eurosport coverage. And then, if that is not enough, Fox Detroit (I'm in Michigan) decided that they will go against the National orders and show the baseball game instead and yeah, let's show the race at 4pm. That pissed me off. So I pulled out an old antenna and watched the race from Fox Toledo (not showing baseball) in very bad quality. I hate this! It was a pretty eventful race and things like this should never happen in broadcasting.

jddh1

manchild wrote:
Venom wrote:I never understood why drivers tend to get broken leg as a result of crash.
head movement is very limited with the introduction of the HANS device. If Kubica had this crash a few years back, without the HANS device, i'm pretty sure we'd be having a more tragic tone to this conversation.

Venom
Venom

manchild, from which car (or year) is that photo? Looks pretty "old" to me.

Well, they should make that lower "leg area" more safe. I'm positively sure that FIA can gather all information regarding those crashes and use that information to attempt and make that area more secure.

By looking at that photo above, there are too many pointy bits inside that cockpit area that are bloody dangerous and scary.

I hope Kubica recovers well and I think FIA should be sued because that wall where Kubica had main impact was nearly 90 degress to the direction of cars... = direct hit

FIA should be highly fined and criticised for this carelessnes ... although unfortunately it won't get Kubica back in the car any sooner :(
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.