Looking forward to Hungary

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Looking forward to Hungary

Time to get back to the racing. Well, it's been a few days since the end of the race in Nurburgring, and following post-Stepneygate (although this story has a long way to go before it concludes), I really want to get back to what turns my crank. Racing. Not politics, or talk of industrial espionage, but racing.
Last year in Hungary we say a very unique race in the rain, where both big guns (Alonso and Schumacher) failed to finish, while a first time winner went on to claim victory. And it was a very exciting race, something that gathered a lot of talk.
So what to expect on this slippery track? Anything goes, expect something to happen, and if we're real lucky, some rain.
Will Hamilton rebound and finish on the podium? Can Kimi stay hot, and win on this tough track? And who will surprise us, because this track always produces surprises.

pRo

Re: Looking forward to Hungary

DaveKillens wrote:So what to expect on this slippery track? Anything goes, expect something to happen, and if we're real lucky, some rain.

And who will surprise us, because this track always produces surprises.
I'm expecting a very boring race. Hungary usually is, unless it rains. :?

Seems like the track would suit McLarens. Lets hope Alonso would get 2 points more than Hamilton. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Tom

I reakon Davidson will go on to take the win, just to fit in with last years theme. Then again Winkelhock was surprising last week, watch out for him on the podium :D
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

West
West

The cool thing about the Hungaroring is that the espionage thread will expand another five pages.

Maybe they should install random sprinklers around the track to make the race a little more interesting.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Ray

West wrote:The cool thing about the Hungaroring is that the espionage thread will expand another five pages.

Maybe they should install random sprinklers around the track to make the race a little more interesting.
Now THAT'S a GREAT idea. I've thought that should be done everywhere.

PNSD
PNSD

Paul Ricard does that, in a way.

Well, this race could be good for honda going by testing, and the improvment.

I think it will be a good strategic race, but imo it will be a Mclaren win. with Alonso.

Scuderia_Russ

Re: Looking forward to Hungary

pRo wrote:I'm expecting a very boring race. Hungary usually is, unless it rains. :?
Me too unfortunately, and I cannot see it raining as 500 have just died in a heatwave so I'm told.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

There's a chance for a wet race. Today it will rain. Keep on refreshing this page for weather info http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/eur ... ionID=2224

vis

Tom wrote:Then again Winkelhock was surprising last week, watch out for him on the podium :D
Winkelhock is not racing in Hungary, being replaced by a Japanese driver I don't remember...

waynes
waynes

vis wrote:
Winkelhock is not racing in Hungary, being replaced by a Japanese driver I don't remember...
yamamoto

Belatti
Belatti

I´m 100% with the sprinklers idea!!!
And maybe some liquid soap could be mixed with the water... :D

Spyker only let Winkelhock run Nurburgring because he was local and thus he would have more TV coverage than Yamamoto...

I think Spyker should give a prize to Winkelhock and let him race another one because the Orange car had more appearence in TV in this race that in all the entire season... :wink:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

mostovoi89
mostovoi89

After a great race for fernando alonso in the european race at Nurbergring
in germany .

it will be important for him to secure a win in the upcoming race in hungary at this weekend .

fernando alonso wants to gain 10 points to secure the first place in the drivers championship , and to be in front of his rival and team mate luis hamilton .

some formula 1 websites and weather expectations say that the grand prix of hungary will be rainy , if it would be rainy , we will see fernando alonso shines again over his team's rivals ferrari . as all of us know that alonso is perfect in the rainy grand prix " like micheal shumacher before retiring " .

if the grand prix would be rainy , i think it will make some surprising things over the podium , as every thing will be possible , and i think that nico roseberg and david coulthard or jenson button will be on the podium this weekend .

are you agree with me ? or you have another opinion ?
Mostovoi89

Rob W

Ray wrote:
West wrote:Maybe they should install random sprinklers around the track to make the race a little more interesting.
Even better - tracks should have one sector with sprinklers going... so you have to make do in wet and dry conditions. :P

Rob W

onon
onon

kimi for the win. also would like kubica to see on the podium, or better yet "Pole on pole". my prediction: kimi alonso massa, hamilton 6th, after kubica and heikki. lol.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Rob W wrote:
Ray wrote:
West wrote:Maybe they should install random sprinklers around the track to make the race a little more interesting.
Even better - tracks should have one sector with sprinklers going... so you have to make do in wet and dry conditions. :P

Rob W
Lets suppose it would be done, how would tire selection be affected? Dry tires are out of the question, so intermediates would be the best option?

Or maybe instead instead of one sector dry and the other wet, a randon amount of laps in wet conditions (minimum 10 laps, to make the tire change worth it).

Sounds like a good idea. It would definately add some variables to each race weekend. And we would have more "wet" races per season as well. And it would be amazing to watch next season, considering no their will be no TC anymore!
------
I'm not sure about the predictions for race results. Obviously Ferrari's on podium, preferably 1-2. And Hamilton further down in the points [-o< . It's time for Hamilton to return to reality.

I presume Ferrari have worked on their reliability over the break and during the testing in Mugello, so it shouldn't be a bad weekend for them.
DNF's are unbearable to watch.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.