AS: Alonso so unhappy he wants to change team?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban
modbaraban

I really fail to realize why would BMW want Alonso :roll:
They have a pair of fantastic drivers and no problems in terms of sponsorship (so no need to seek for a media-darling).

Then these rumours about Ron bidding for Nico Rosberg.... why the hell Ron being sick and tired of having 2 ambicious drivers in 1 team would want to replace one of the ambitious drivers by another? :? This just makes no sense. A guy like DC (i.e. de la Rosa) would be a perfect teammate for Lewis (unless Ron's already aware of him leaving to Ferrari :lol: ).

Any thoughts on this?

waynes
waynes

where would that leave massa? who i actually think aint that good

Tom

no, where would that leave Kimi, who I'm now quite sure ain't all that good!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

waynes
waynes

Tom wrote:no, where would that leave Kimi, who I'm now quite sure ain't all that good!
dont be silly

i'd take kimi over massa anyday

Tom

I think Ferrari would be better keeping Massa as driver no2 for his press skills, his attitude towards racing and his knowledge of the Ferrari, but I think the scuderia could do better than Kimi as their no1 driver, he's only a little faster than Massa on his good days and Ferrari can get drivers who are much faster than Massa if they really wanted too, but i see them all staying the same for next year.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Kimi is a little faster than everybody else including MS, IMO. Ferrari unlike Toy ota don't pay that much for nufin.

Ciro Pabón

Maybe, modbarabanb, but with all due respect, that's an opinion. The numbers are in favor of Alonso and Hamilton (specially the last one).

About the thread, I don't know if XYZ or ABC want Alonso, but I think he need to be a little crazy to throw away McLaren at this moment. He has to bite the bullet and compete with Hamilton, no matter what. He has a contract and he's a professional.

All the brouhaha is just that: the press speculating because of an incident. Hamilton screwed Alonso in the end. I don't know if Alonso is to blame or if Hamilton is an evil genius (I don't think so, BTW), but we have to live with what happened. That's water under the bridge.
Ciro

modbaraban
modbaraban

Ciro Pabón wrote:Maybe, modbaraban, but with all due respect, that's an opinion. The numbers are in favor of Alonso and Hamilton (specially the last one).
I didn't make this judgement upon this season only :wink: also Hamilton was out of comparisson. It's a bit early to say about his pure speed. I mean yes, he fantastic and one of the best on the grid (that is obvious already) but I think it takes several seasons and various cars and teammates to say that he's THE best.

About Alonso. Sure he's gonna fight for the title no matter where his future is... in Renault, McLaren or in SuperAguri. Why would anyone give up such an opportunity? But he did seem to be unhappy in McLaren before this incident in the pits. Besides I really want to see him in Renault again where he FITS perfectly. 8)

mahesh248
mahesh248

Every one says kimi is fast but , but never seem able get the performance consistently , Thats what hurt him this time , or els he would have be much closer to the championship leaders this Time .

wunderkind
wunderkind

Raikkonen..........................

mahesh248 wrote:Every one says kimi is fast but , but never seem able get the performance consistently , Thats what hurt him this time , or els he would have be much closer to the championship leaders this Time .
I think Raikkonen is more like Nigel Mansell's approach in racing. Raikkonen reportedly doesnt like spending time developing the car while Mansell was not that good at developing the car. Both drivers get by with their natural speed and intrepid attitude to racing.

Mansell is the kind of driver that just gets into the car and drive. When Nelson Piquet was Mansell's teammate at Williams. Piquet used to say Mansell had balls but no brains. Mansell didnt know how to set up a car and that hurt him during race weekends because Mansell was always a step behind Piquet. Mansell just copied Piquet's set-up and adapted his driving style to the car set up for Piquet.

Another point to note is that when Mansell was driving the active suspension-shod Williams FW14B. He would just go flat out around corners if it were physically possible, Whereas, his teammate Riccardo Patrese would lift off because it scared him shxtless.

Raikkonen likes to do his own things away from the races. Which is the direct opposite of Schumacher.

I think Raikkonen needs to either:

a) Work better with his engineers. Not all drivers are good at developing the race car. But an engineer that is on the same wavelength as the driver and can understands a driver and recommend changes always helps. His race engineer Chris Dyer need to do better. Gustav Brunner (now with Toyota) is one of those engineers who could translate what the driver says into action.

b) Just has to quit partying and spend more time with his engineers!!!!!!!!!

It would be sad to see a talent like him wasted and not winning a Driver's Championship.

But a Hamilton-Raikkonen combination at McLaren in 2009 could be interesting.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Raikkonen..........................

mahesh248 wrote:Every one says kimi is fast but , but never seem able get the performance consistently , Thats what hurt him this time , or els he would have be much closer to the championship leaders this Time .
No sure. I'd rather say that he blew most of the early season... he just wasn't there at the top where Maccas and Massa were. Now he's fast and consistent but the car's letting him down which never happened for McLarens (exept the quali accident in EURgp).
wunderkind wrote:But a Hamilton-Raikkonen combination at McLaren in 2009 could be interesting.
At least there will be no row between the drivers :lol: :lol: :lol:

waynes
waynes

modbaraban wrote: At least there will be no row between the drivers :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainly because kimi just wants to drive a racing car, and fast

i seriously hope hamilton stays at mclaren, is handed a --- car next season, and then gets ripped to shreds by the british media, just as jenson button did at benetton

Tom

Thats pretty harsh Waynes, I'm guessing that you were a Button fan perhaps? Now suddenly there's a new Brit whos putting Jense to shame you're not so pleased? Its just a hunch...

waynes
waynes

Tom wrote:Thats pretty harsh Waynes, I'm guessing that you were a Button fan perhaps? Now suddenly there's a new Brit whos putting Jense to shame you're not so pleased? Its just a hunch...
you are correct, im a jenson fan and have been for years. and lewis is putting him to shame due to a pretty shitty honda, or am i imagining that?

like i said, lets see how he copes if mclaren give him a shitty car and he's suddenly getting ripped to shreds

that was my point

ps: the boy hamilton has taken to st tropez like a duck to water i see :roll:

modbaraban
modbaraban

waynes wrote:
modbaraban wrote: At least there will be no row between the drivers :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainly because kimi just wants to drive a racing car, and fast
And wouldn't bother talking to his teammate if it's of no fun :lol:
waynes wrote:i seriously hope hamilton stays at mclaren, is handed a --- car next season, and then gets ripped to shreds by the british media, just as jenson button did at benetton
What then? What would it prove? I'd rather like to see LH in a car like MP4-21 not exactly shitty but a 'not so good' car and see how he does then. :wink: