The driver's title race - Hamilton vs Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
megz

Where's Stepney to sabotage the McLaren when you need him.... :twisted: Well it looks very much like a Hamilton WDC he's done well for himself. Its just a pity all the bullshit that went with it. Still *crosses fingers for Kimi WDC* :roll:

Belatti
Belatti

clap clap clap, congratulations Lewis! You deserve it! No matter what press, Alonso or anyone says, Lewis Hamilton was the best in doing what gives you a WDC (collecting more points than others)

I really enjoyed the race and was expecting to see a winner with another car apart from Ferrari or McLaren, anyway, it was really exiting, it should rain more often.

And one more thing, I didnt understood those 19 laps with safety car and drivers saying "they should stop the race", racing is racing, a sport for men (and ladies with guts), races should start and the ones who doesnt wanna risk can always retire voluntarily.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Tom

I agree completely, if you don't like it you would be far more sensible to pull up and stop. Button really annoyed me when he said in an interview they shouldn't have been racing, Lauda has already proved that you will not lose credibility from stopping after a few laps and decaring your life is worth more than this. If Jenson and co had such a problem with navigating the track theres always a lovely dry garage for him to drive straight on into. Besides considering the fuss made over the conditions it was a pretty safe race. We have as many and more dangerous accidents at Montreal every year.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Torso
Torso

Tom wrote:I agree Hamilton was stupidly agressive behind the safety car but under racing conditions he drove fairly (and super quick!) all race.

I don't think Alonso's problem is pressure, I think he's had an unlucky series of events which has led to him not getting the most out of his team and some problem today (driver error or something worse I daren't comment) I was watching with some Spaniards and a Japanese guy, none of them find Hamilton a particular threat to Alonso phsycologically, although we all had a good laugh at James Allan. Aparently there is a Spanish equivilant.

I don't like the media take on him but Lewis himself seems like a great guy, boy done good I say, congratulate him and wish him luck for the future. I've no doubt he'll see hard times in F1 but I think he'll spend a large percentage of his career at the top, one way or another.

As for Torso, I bet you drive a shi**y little hatchback with gay stickers all over it, lots of cringeworthy fibergass and plastic slapped on and an exhaust you could fit your head in. And I bet you think its the dogs bollocks. You just strike me as that kind of guy.
No I am simply not a fan of Dennis and Hamiltons "lojality-ethics".

I`m no fan of Alonso either, I think he`s seriously overrated because he only was doing real well when he enjoyed major technical advantages in the car, YET I give Alonso credit for not accepting to stay quiet about McLarens monstrous cheating-methods.

Btw the car u describe sounds awfully "brittish" :lol:

I don`t drive brittish cars.

And honestly, if Dennis`McLAren wasn`t in the position they are in this years f1 and Hamilton wasn`t brittish and leading the WDC, then the FIA would have done the right thing and annulled every race result Hamilton and Alonso scored with McLaren while enjoying the advantages from the stolen material of Ferrari.

Hamilton and Alonso can never be WDC in 2007 in my book. But obviously their fans don`t mind to be deceived.

bizadfar
bizadfar

Belatti wrote:clap clap clap, congratulations Lewis! You deserve it! No matter what press, Alonso or anyone says, Lewis Hamilton was the best in doing what gives you a WDC (collecting more points than others)

I really enjoyed the race and was expecting to see a winner with another car apart from Ferrari or McLaren, anyway, it was really exiting, it should rain more often.

And one more thing, I didnt understood those 19 laps with safety car and drivers saying "they should stop the race", racing is racing, a sport for men (and ladies with guts), races should start and the ones who doesnt wanna risk can always retire voluntarily.
yea when you cant see anything except a red intensity light. Good job, why don't you go try it.. :roll: Typical fan

Ray

Yeah, racing is for big boys. So are guns and liquor. Doesn't mean you shouldn't practice restraint. That was a lame ass race, it was way too wet. Go figure Hamilton won, could anybody other than he and Maylander see anything?!

Belatti
Belatti

bizadfar wrote: yea when you cant see anything except a red intensity light. Good job, why don't you go try it.. :roll: Typical fan
Follow that light then, and maybe with a faster pitstop you could sorpass it! 8)
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Racing in the rain is part of F1 end of - if CW thought it was OK then it was OK. F1 aint a sunshine only sport.

Oh & im sure hamilton wasnt out front for the whole race - give the lad the respect he deserves.

What I want to know is why didnt we see more battles like massa & Kubica through the race? they proved it could be done - although in saying that if gravel traps were still next to the track it would have been a very different story.
MMIAFN

bizadfar
bizadfar

Belatti wrote:
bizadfar wrote: yea when you cant see anything except a red intensity light. Good job, why don't you go try it.. :roll: Typical fan
Follow that light then, and maybe with a faster pitstop you could sorpass it! 8)
The problem is, if you brake a split second later than it, you're in the back of it, as we saw a few times that day. How fast does an F1 car brake, too fast almost for that.

Ever seen a Bathurst 1000 in the late 90s? Raining and full of fog at the top of the mountain. All you could see was the guy braking in front of you. And a bunch of SCs

Spencifer_Murphy

Well if they could race in those death traps at Fuji in '76 why on earth is it a problem that they raced on sunday?

Hamilton won the race with an excellent drive. the comment about "Oh only Hamiltion & Maylander could see a thing" is rediculous as:
1. Should we now stop wet races? that's why pole is important, no cars in front.
2. Kimi's brilliant drive through the field and also Massa & Kubica's final lap shenanigans suggest that they could see enough.

Hamilton has done a great job in his rookie year, yes he made SOME mistakes, but nowhere near as many as most rookies make, and many of the "rookie mistakes" we talk about he hasn't made. Okay he looked slower during the spy-gate scandal, but his concistency has stunned me, and yes he's in a great car, but do his performances this year not warrant that drive?

Despite all this, mathematically the title is still not his, and there is a real possibility that in one of the next two races Alonso will win and Hamilton will DNF with mecahnical faliure or driver error.

It's not over yet, but I think it's fair to say that (to coin a football phrase) "he's got one hand on the cup already".

Finally, just wondering why people are suprised about the "smarmy" and "arrogant" and "cocky" comments from Hamilton. Comments like "I could have gone faster" when he's already set pole lap SHOULD BE EXPECTED. That is typical of somebody who expects 110% of themselves at all times. And I wouldn't have it anyother way. If a driver doesn't care about things like that, or doesn't believe that they can do these things then they will never achieve them, and who are we to judge them for it?

What about Melborne this year, Kimi, easily the fastest of anybody, walked to the chequered flag and then said "I nearly fell asleep in the car", nobody critisised him for that. And rightly so. At the end of the day, the majority of lewis haters, dislike him for one of three reasons:
1. They like Fernando
2. They like Ferrari and/or one of Ferrari's drivers
3. They don't like a rookie upsetting the form book i his first season (how dare he?!)

I can't wait for the next races, all Lewis needs from these next two races is 9points (assuming Fernando wins both remaining races.) Its still possibe for Fernando to win. Nobody has ever won F1's WDC in their first season, and yes there is a first time for everything - but, there's a reason it hasn't been done before.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

mcdenife
mcdenife

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:
What about Melborne this year, Kimi, easily the fastest of anybody, walked to the chequered flag and then said "I nearly fell asleep in the car", nobody critisised him for that. And rightly so. At the end of the day, the majority of lewis haters, dislike him for one of three reasons:
1. They like Fernando
2. They like Ferrari and/or one of Ferrari's drivers
3. They don't like a rookie upsetting the form book i his first season (how dare he?!)
And from some of the ridiculous comments/criticisms, some even (misguided or misplaced) against his dad, you would have to add forth reason:
4. His face dont fit (make of that what you will).
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

Spencifer_Murphy

LOL...touchy subject mcdenife, but yes.

btw with my last post I didn't try to sound like people have no right to dislike him lol, of course people can. Just like how I disliked Schumi and others didnt.

I was just saying that MOST Lewis anti-fans dislike him for some rather rediculous reasons. The others all have their reasons and that fair enough obviously. Some people may just not like the way he comes across on TV - thats fine, I can understand that people may not like his apparent arrogance (in my post above I was trying to say that, sure you may not like the arrgance, but isn't it kinda to be expected?).

But some people just dont like him because; well - I went on holiday to the canary islands, I was wearing my Lewis Mclaren Team T-Shirt and a local guy smiled and asked (as he couldn't see the name or number on the shirt) "Hamilton or Alonso?" and I relpied "Both" - he looked totally perlpexed as if to say "You can't support both - you have to choose one or the other"

Which I don't understand, I have supported FA for years, now just because I have a local hero to support why should I suddenly conform to an ideal that I must hate all his rivals, including my previous favourite?

Madness.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Torso
Torso

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:LOL...touchy subject mcdenife, but yes.

btw with my last post I didn't try to sound like people have no right to dislike him lol, of course people can. Just like how I disliked Schumi and others didnt.

I was just saying that MOST Lewis anti-fans dislike him for some rather rediculous reasons. The others all have their reasons and that fair enough obviously. Some people may just not like the way he comes across on TV - thats fine, I can understand that people may not like his apparent arrogance (in my post above I was trying to say that, sure you may not like the arrgance, but isn't it kinda to be expected?).

But some people just dont like him because; well - I went on holiday to the canary islands, I was wearing my Lewis Mclaren Team T-Shirt and a local guy smiled and asked (as he couldn't see the name or number on the shirt) "Hamilton or Alonso?" and I relpied "Both" - he looked totally perlpexed as if to say "You can't support both - you have to choose one or the other"

Which I don't understand, I have supported FA for years, now just because I have a local hero to support why should I suddenly conform to an ideal that I must hate all his rivals, including my previous favourite?

Madness.
I think most people liked Hamilton up untill he stamped Alonso as "illojal" for speaking the truth about how McLaren and their drivers had acces to stolen information from Ferrari.

From that point everything Hamilton says and does will be measured in a different context. His arrogance is no longer from taht of a fresh-pr*ck rooke that has yet to learn his place but rather from a person that is willing to accept cheating...

And that in his first season.

Shame on Hamilton.

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Oh dear someone isnt happy,

The way I see it with Lewis's recent soundbites is that hes in the running for the WDC with Alonso who is a master of mindgames.

Lewis is dedicated & fiercely loyal to Mclaren & hes pi**ed Alonso is and has been disloyal to the point of destabilising the team. Alonso has always thrown the dummy if hes not number one! it was just the same when Fisi kicked his ass.

I wouldnt be a bit surprised is Ron had told Lewis to give as good as he gets.

Cmon everyone - can you not see the fact that Lewis is making every other F1 driver look shabby? his car contol is awesome & yet again he deserves everything he gets - its what happens when you work your bo**locks off to chase your ultimate goal.
MMIAFN

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Fan Solo wrote:The way I see it with Lewis's recent soundbites is that hes in the running for the WDC with Alonso who is a master of mindgames.
Its perplexing how FA beat MS, two seasons in a row, but has now been beaten by LH, in the same car, during their first season together. Obviously mind games aren't enough to win you a DC.

Although.....we do know that unreliability threw away FM's and KR's chances for the DC. A little supposition, what if the F2007 had been more reliable this season.......? Otherwise it wouldnt have been just FA and LH in the title hunt with two races remaining.

To be continued.......I have some pretty good inspiration right now, but I have to leave and get some info for a marketing project.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.