Chekered long posts

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

Chekered should...

Poll ended at 01 Nov 2007, 19:34

take lessons to improve summarizing
20%
continue writing long posts, I dont read them anyway!
35%
increase posts lenght, I love to read them!
45%

Total votes: 20

Belatti
Belatti

Chekered long posts

Dear Chekered:
with no intention to annoy you, I make this bold suggention. I can hardly finish to read some of your shorter posts. Please take this with humour and sense of reality.

Sincerely,
Ignacio Belatti
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Wow, I can't believe theres a new thread about Checkered's long posts, why hasn't anybody done this before for Ciro? Surely they both deserve credit, although as to where Checkered's posts are filled with links, Ciro's have a healthy dose of graphs. :wink:

Bold move Nacho 8)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Carlos
Carlos

I am a little doubtful
About this poll and possible future polls it might inspire. In the future, with advances of communucations technology; video connections may very well replace our avatars. Will a poll post question my attire? Being retired and slightly aged I may just be habitually posting wearing personal linen. That is to say underwear. Will my whithered limbs become a subject of humour? Then again, it is quite possible; my sense of decorum, which is occassionally noted in a random post, may, manifest satorial splendor, perhaps a white linen suiting with fedora and silver silk tie is my customary wear mid-mornings when I sit at my keyboard to offer my attention and intellect to participate in this literary salon, we call the F1Technical Forum. None have met me: so why would anyone feel inclined to speculate or venture an opinion that has not been solicited?

Yes that first paragraph is written as an admiring homage to checkered's literary style; which I quite enjoy. Everyone has a style. Some post single sentences. Some post graphs and charts. One member entered a post of pictures of tropical fruit. We used to have a Forum member that posted computer graphically altered "fakes" that were popular. Manchild is missed. Just as MC gathered his images on a web site that was visited by thousands a week, I have often thought that checkered's long posts could easily be columns, and a compilation of columns could be a book.

Another thing I like about his long posts, as I read them, it is almost possible to have a conversation, one's thoughts answer and ask questions as his posts evolve, almost like a few minutes with a very knowledgable friend. How many friends do you have that are as interested and curious about technology and F1?

Actually that post of the fruits of Columbia is in a favourites list. :D

NumberTwo

Well I see that
Some here suffer from attention span deficit. Therefore, from Belatti's suggestion, the rest of the forum members should edit themselves to fit his personal deficiencies. Perhaps Mr./Ms./Herr Belatti could take this oportunity to expand his/her reading comprehension skills rather than ask a very knowledgeable forum member to censor/edit himself. I may even go so far as to proffer that Belatti may infact learn something from Checkered's posts should he/she decide to push him/her-self to read them through. If nothing else, our dear Belatti could learn patience and acceptance of others who do not conform to his/her seemingly small view of the world. It is this writers opinion that the gaul, hubris and arrogance in Belatti's post is undeniably that of a person who has a limited quotient of intelect.

I now ask that Ciro devise a chart comparing valuable contributions to relavent discussion on this forum from Belatti and Checkered. Not only is this not fair you say? For who is to decide what is relavent and what is jibberish? That is my point. How can you, Herr Belatti, decide what the rest of us find insightful? With what authority do you consider yourself just in this idiotic request? Do you not realize the idiocy it showers you with?

So please, Herr Belatti, do not even think about this censorship question until you yourself can post a meaningful response in a forum. What we have seen from you so far is unimpressive. And with that in mind, how can your judgement be held by the rest of us as anything but the ramblings of a cretin?

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Die you thought Nazi die!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I'm a firm believer in the freedom of speech, of having the inherent right to spout off. If it's gibberish, the BS filter between my ears usually blanks out the crap and I never even notice it, yet alone remember. But as any miner of precious gems is aware, you can occasionally find a nugget of pure delight buried within the excess matter.
If, IF I was to offer a suggestion for anyone's posts and behavour, it is just to be polite, and give respect to all.
Checkered, I have absolutely no problem with the content or duration of your posts.

modbaraban
modbaraban

@ #2: lol (I hope that's a twisted joke there)

To add to the a~
~bove post I shall put it oh so straight stating that Belatti has neither moral [link] nor any other [link here as well] right to adduce such a request in that fashion. Moreover he broke the sacred rule of the honored forum that F1Technical is! Attack the post, not the poster. So Belatti has to be excluded from the forum for 2007 and 2008 if not decapitalized completely for this savage............ ahhh damn!..........

I've tried to come
up with a long completely outcheckered post in the manner of above ones but with some links [link] added. Being tired, lazy and slightly drunk I miserably failed. I almost posted it. Wrinting long posts is so darn hard, but someone has to do this!

PS: I see another reply while I was posting this useless one... I think you guys taking this thread a bit too serious.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

modbaraban wrote:@ #2: lol (I hope that's a twisted joke there)

To add to the a~
~bove post I shall put it oh so straight stating that Belatti has neither moral [link] nor any other [link here as well] right to adduce such a request in that fashion. Moreover he broke the sacred rule of the honored forum that F1Technical is! Attack the post, not the poster. So Belatti has to be excluded from the forum for 2007 and 2008 if not decapitalized completely for this savage............ ahhh damn!..........

I've tried to come
up with a long completely outcheckered post in the manner of above ones but with some links [link] added. Being tired, lazy and slightly drunk I miserably failed. I almost posted it. Wrinting long posts is so darn hard, but someone has to do this!

PS: I see another reply while I was posting this useless one... I think you guys taking this thread a bit too serious.
Let me clear that up for all of you..... 8)

I agree with the last part of Modbaraban's post, everyone is taking Belatti's original post way too serious, we are all here to have a good time and enjoy Formula One. Its understandable to make that request, everyone has their own preferences, some may enjoy reading long posts, some may enjoy reading shorter posts. No one is very going to be fully pleased, as we have seen for the entire history of humanity. So take it easy and watch what you say, even if its in defence of a fellow member, we all deserve respect: Attack the post, not the poster.

@ NumberTwo
What you posted was definately not needed at all, who gave you the authority to speak for the entire forum? So calm down and give respect to everyone, and grow up as well.

And Bellati will have to undergo trial, I'm not for his exclusion, but more for a deduction of his post count, down to zero. :)
Which national tribune will be host to this trial?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

checkered

Re: Chekered long posts

I honestly don't

know the netiquette of interposing a conversation about oneself. Being a somewhat private person I was equally alarmed, incredulous and amused at being singled out for a particular quality. Perhaps it's a slow news day. Rest assured, Belatti, you aren't alone in your criticisms - sharing the good company of most of my past English- and creative writing teachers among others. Perhaps there's an inkling too, into my proneness to revise my approach despite continuing and diverse pleads to do so.

I sympathise with those, though, who feel compelled to read through each and every post without regard to the content or length thereof. Being in the habit of reading a certain magazine in that very fashion, I can appreciate the grueling nature of that holistic exercise. Apologies for anyone suffering from that affliction here.

Inquisitiveness plays a much larger part in my participation here than knowledgeability, I hope my literary style doesn't overshadow that fact to anyone. Fo shizzle ma nizzle I find other forms of expression more disingenuous than this one (with regard to my personal use), so I'll have to make do with it. I take it as a given that Belatti's mechanical engineering backround already allows him an insight into F1 beyond mine in various respects and through his studies will continue to reach even further. I respect and value that.

If there's anything that will force me to reconsider my participation here, it's my person becoming the bone of contention, or lines being drawn between other posters over something as ridiculous as this. I do not wish to be in that position at all. Every comment, criticism, suggestion and remark is welcome and fine by me. Please, if it doesn't clearly involve a wider interest, consider delivering it by a private message.

Hope this has clarified a few things. I'm not keen on assuming any further responsibility over exchanges like these, nor a wider responsibility of anything, really.

NaZzO

Re: Chekered long posts

checkered wrote:I honestly don't

know the netiquette of interposing a conversation about oneself. Being a somewhat private person I was equally alarmed, incredulous and amused at being singled out for a particular quality. Perhaps it's a slow news day. Rest assured, Belatti, you aren't alone in your criticisms - sharing the good company of most of my past English- and creative writing teachers among others. Perhaps there's an inkling too, into my proneness to revise my approach despite continuing and diverse pleads to do so.

I sympathise with those, though, who feel compelled to read through each and every post without regard to the content or length thereof. Being in the habit of reading a certain magazine in that very fashion, I can appreciate the grueling nature of that holistic exercise. Apologies for anyone suffering from that affliction here.

Inquisitiveness plays a much larger part in my participation here than knowledgeability, I hope my literary style doesn't overshadow that fact to anyone. Fo shizzle ma nizzle I find other forms of expression more disingenuous than this one (with regard to my personal use), so I'll have to make do with it. I take it as a given that Belatti's mechanical engineering backround already allows him an insight into F1 beyond mine in various respects and through his studies will continue to reach even further. I respect and value that.

If there's anything that will force me to reconsider my participation here, it's my person becoming the bone of contention, or lines being drawn between other posters over something as ridiculous as this. I do not wish to be in that position at all. Every comment, criticism, suggestion and remark is welcome and fine by me. Please, if it doesn't clearly involve a wider interest, consider delivering it by a private message.

Hope this has clarified a few things. I'm not keen on assuming any further responsibility over exchanges like these, nor a wider responsibility of anything, really.
Long time reader, first time poster, and I only have 1 description to ur posts ---> They're Priceless !!!! Thank you and keep them coming

Tom

I love it how

Each of us have a distinct style and its always good fun to ruthlessly assault each for their style assuming it differs enough from our own.

Some use plenty of :roll: while others link, some Image while some just haven't got a clue (Mr. T).

I've enjoyed writing this post as much as ever and I've enjoyed reading this topic as much as I ever have, VIVA LA F1T

Thanks Checkered
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

NumberTwo

mx_tifosi wrote:@ NumberTwo
What you posted was definately not needed at all, who gave you the authority to speak for the entire forum? So calm down and give respect to everyone, and grow up as well.
I am grown up! I AM I AM I AM!

modbaraban
modbaraban

:lol:

Ciro Pabón

Well, I'd say there are only two kinds of forumers: those that know how to touchtype and those that don't.

I can understand Belatti: you have to be "in the mood" to read some posts here, but that's the point.

I don't know how many of you have noticed I have "two gears": first (short posts, no images) for opinions. Second gear (long posts, relevant images) is for technical information.

When I'm in first gear, I rarely go for three sentences in a paragraph. I don't go into second gear unless I can contribute with some facts (and I have some spare time).

It's not that Checkered posts are long: it's that all the rest writes posts too short. :^o

"Our" posts are perfect: we can be masters of brevity for pages and pages and pages... :lol:
Ciro

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

NumberTwo wrote: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Die you thought Nazi die!
I'm afraid you lost me there, nazi die??? What the hell is this all about, do you think belatti is an argentinian descent of an escaped SS officer or something? I'm pretty sure these kind of posts don't belong in this forum, even if they're meant ironic, which this one isn't for sure! :roll:

Freedom of speech, great stuff I believe in it, especially in these turbulent times, but do keep it decent!

Principessa

I think this is a point-less discussion

I also believe that it's more interesting to read a descent long post than a short one that only says: "yes, I think you're right" or "Yes, I think so too".