Chekered long posts

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

Chekered should...

Poll ended at 01 Nov 2007, 19:34

take lessons to improve summarizing
20%
continue writing long posts, I dont read them anyway!
35%
increase posts lenght, I love to read them!
45%

Total votes: 20

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

bhallg2k wrote:I really want the 10 minutes of my life back that I just spent reading this whole thing. The word "pointless" comes to mind over and over again.
If thats the case, then why did you bother posting here in the first place? You complain about this being a waste of time, yet to take the time to post a comment.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

I've noticed a trend in this thread, I can see the Latin side of Belatti flaring here and the Peacekeeper, Ciro, trying to keep things all fair and equal.
Modbarabon is keeping well out the battle as usual (the only sensible option really) but still manages to contribute to the thread, 2 very contrasting posts from mx-tifosi but sticking firmly to his guns, and I agree this topic is not turning out to be a waste of time.

I've learnt something new and quite astounding about a forum member today who I wish I'd payed more attention to, and again my most sincere apologies MrT (and Tomba, and even Torso and all the other Ts) for a remark that was well below the belt and I hope is out of character.
Out of interest where did you get your Motorsport degree MrT?

And all that remains to be said is...
Scotlands gonna woop yo ass 'Tina, I found a butcher in Oxford today that sells Microwavable haggis!!! (we're not allowed cookers or hobs on this campus, fire hazard) and I'll promise my flat mates I'll make them some if Scotland lose, so they'll all be rooting for the tartan. You haven't got a hope guys, enjoy the match. Also isn't Nae from Edinburgh?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ciro Pabón

Tom, Scotland has the same chances as Alonso.

Haggis does not scare us. We've lived through worse things.

Principessa and Mikey_s can mention the existence of balkenbrij. Think about it: they call themselves or, at least, they call their neighbors with the funny name of Flems, ehem... that says it all.

I have to mention that the balkenbrij recipe I googled starts with "1 pig's head without lower jaw".

When I ate it I was told it has heart, literally. And I mean literally. They did not mention the head, but they must have improved the recipe. Maybe what I had was not balkenbrij but bakleverworst. I'll never be sure, they speak several languages. At the same time.

Ray probably has survived the experience of boudin from his southern Cajun cousins, which, I believe, basically live in a swamp. They are proud hunters, which means you chew carefully, looking first for ammo embedded in the food. What the heck can be in these red bottles in the background, I question myself (and I don't want to be answered, believe me).

I'm sure Dumrick knows or can claim to have seen tripas. Tripas is the same as guts or tripes and they mean it. People in Oporto call themselves tripeiros, which you can translate as tripers. With one p. I quote (and I am not making this up): "Tripas have been prepared ... since the times of Henry the Navigator". This people is hard.

When you read his posts, think that he is a brave soul: not only he lives in a country that most people forget to mention when asked about the EU BUT there is a chance he has eaten them. He is a typical Renault fan, hardened in battle.

I know of chunchullo. It's colombian, period.

It's like haggis, probaby brought by our scottish forefathers, but it ended taken out of the stomach and put into guts, filled with a disgusting liquid made from recipes whispered from cook to cook. It is hard to comprehend for some vegans. This photo I took from Flickr, where a brave soul declares he ate that to fight a hangover:

Of course, we can put our "African Union - Darfur Defense Forces" blue helmets on, and we can guarantee your roomates will eat haggis "to the last drop", lungs included.

Sorry, Belatti, my mistake. :oops:

bhallg2k, I figure I owe you about a year of life... maybe if you spend an hour at Tom's lunch you'll think you have gotten it back. This dinner will seem to last a year. Besides, I've heard that for every year you spend in this forum, they pardon you five years in purgatory.

Anyway, I like to write; thanks sincerely for skimming through this text.

I can imagine the reading load you have, so no offense implied in the following text, I'm just pondering. Besides, I bet it's the first time that chunchullo and Verne have been mentioned in the same post:

I have to say I love "Paris in the XXth century" by Jules Verne. He wrote it in the 1860's, in a time when many persons were analphabets.

He said, romantic to the bone, from these remote times: "in the XXth century, everybody knew how to read, but nobody did".

This photo reminds me of Michael Schumacher, don't know why. Must be the nose.

I know you're right anyway, bhall. At a recent press conference several drivers were asked what did they think about the war in Iraq.

Robert Kubica, "bravest of the bravest", was the only one to say: "I think this is a Formula One conference, I won't answer that question".

But, hey, I'm not a professional driver: I can say I hate it.
Ciro

MrT
MrT

Tom,

No worries, obviously a misunderstanding!

I took the degree at Swansea Institute as at the time it was, in my view the best option as there were not many motorsport courses running (It was the first uni to run a motorsport course in 1998 and all others running were only a year old). During the time I was there alot of other unis started the course, and Oxford Brookes overtook Swansea in my eyes. However, I look back on my time there and realise I learnt heaps and it has given me quite a few links to the industry.

Formula Student was absolutly unbeatable for design experiance, manufacture, and most importantly working in a close knit team.

Mr T

Tom

Regarding haggis' first of all, don't get me wrong here, I love the stuff, and they're so cute too, oddly though my flatmates don't seem interested in the idea at all, black pudding some of them might be persueded to try, but not haggis.

Re: MrT, one of my options was Swansea but in the end I couldn't get to the open day easily and the grades I needed were a bit higher than here. I've applied for the FStudent team although I'm told many 1st years don't get in.

I supose the main dissadvantage here is there are alot of distractions, I went to see Alabama3 last night in town (I can see why they're the best live band in Britain, if you ever get the chance...) and only the fire drill ensured I woke up in time for my lecture.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Belatti
Belatti

Yesterday was a difficult day for me, my dobermann almost eat my dachshund, it ripped of its fur, thanks god it survived! I think I´ll have to get rid of that dog, everyday is more violent.
Then a storm came -I could have flied if I went outside with a Batman siut- and we had a blockout.
This morning my car´s clutch said "no more" and so I had to put 2nd gear and take it like that to the mech, and then walk through the rain to take bus and arrive at work 1 hour late.
A dim stormy morning if you will.

Now I sit here and I read Ciro´s post and light came back again! Thanks!

Tom, whoever wins on sunday, I´m glad anyway because Pumas did a great work, showing they improve a lot and Scotts (and Irish too!) are of my likes. BUT YOU BET I WILL BE SHOUTING WITH MY FRIENDS "DESPUES DEL ASADO Y LA CERVEZA O EL VINO TINTO MENDOCINO"
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Scuderia_Russ

Principessa wrote:I think this is a point-less discussion

I also believe that it's more interesting to read a descent long post than a short one that only says: "yes, I think you're right" or "Yes, I think so too".
You're right.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Scuderia_Russ

Sorry P, you asked for that one. :D
NumberTwo wrote:Well I see that
Some here suffer from attention span deficit. Therefore, from Belatti's suggestion, the rest of the forum members should edit themselves to fit his personal deficiencies. Perhaps Mr./Ms./Herr Belatti could take this oportunity to expand his/her reading comprehension skills rather than ask a very knowledgeable forum member to censor/edit himself.
My sentiments exactly!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

modbaraban
modbaraban

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
Principessa wrote:I think this is a point-less discussion

I also believe that it's more interesting to read a descent long post than a short one that only says: "yes, I think you're right" or "Yes, I think so too".
You're right.
I were 1st to reply like this :P

bizadfar
bizadfar

Re: Chekered long posts

Belatti, try skim reading, or speed reading (buy a book about it).

Next, your suggestion belongs in PM if anywhere.

dumrick
dumrick

Re:

Ciro Pabón wrote:I'm sure Dumrick knows or can claim to have seen tripas. Tripas is the same as guts or tripes and they mean it. People in Oporto call themselves tripeiros, which you can translate as tripers. With one p. I quote (and I am not making this up): "Tripas have been prepared ... since the times of Henry the Navigator". This people is hard.
Ciro, you have made me read the WHOLE topic just to understand where that came from :D
I've eaten tripas many times, I'm a proud tripeiro myself. Actually, do you know that the origin from the recipe comes from the french invasions in Portugal, when Oporto was under siege from the invaders? After eating the "common" parts of the animals, people had to be imaginative not do starve to death.
Anyway, speaking of Oporto cuisine, I'm myself more a fan of "Francesinhas" (little french girls). It's a version of a french Croque Monsieur, but with some delicious twists. If you come here anytime, I'll buy you one :wink:

On topic: I must have also some attention disorder. With other posters it doesn't happen, but reading Chequered's posts I have a terrible time making sense out of them from the beginning 'till the end.

Belatti
Belatti

Re: Chekered long posts

Here we call "chinchulines" for common tripas and "tripa gorda" for.. ejem... the wide part of cows intestines... the last part before rectum...

100% of the cow used!!!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna