Brazilian GP - The Big One

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bizadfar
bizadfar

mx_tifosi wrote:
PNSD wrote:I can see Kimi doing a similar performance to what MS did.

Both needed to win, and MS's car was made to win, as will Kimis.
For sure, as long as Kimi doesn't suffer any technical gremlins and a tyre puncture like MS did.

And I would have to disagree with hoping for a rainy race, as that would add one more variable that is definately not necessary right now. It should be a straight shootout in the dry between the four most likely GP winners and the three likely DC winners. Oh yeah, and no rain for qualifying either.

Honestly I would like Massa to win the race, but Kimi really needs the win to help his DC chances. Raikkonen for DC, otherwise Alonso, as I wouldn't stand Hamiltong grabbing it, I really wouldn't.

And Fisichella has to put on quite a show and deliver the goods this weekend so that he could retain his seat in the R28 for next season! I have been thinking about a Renault driver lineup including HK and NP, but who knows, I doubt Briatore will have two such young drivers at the same time.

I wonder if Massa will have a special Brazil themed overall once again, most likely yes.

Ferrari grabs the CC in Brazil as well, never mind, we already have it :roll: :) .
I think a damp track in transition just like China is good. Kimi does quite well in them. Only question is can Massa hold 2nd? I'm sure he can since he lifts his game almost another level in Brazil in the last few years. Alonso is also very good in those conditions.

Spencifer_Murphy

Being honest the championship is Lewis's to loose. Frankly I see Kimi as more of a threat than Fernando atm. I mean If the Mclaren is the faster car it doesn't matter if Fernando wins - Lewis can come 2nd and win the title. And if the Ferrari's the faster car again, Mclaren 2-3 or 3-4 with Fernando in front will still do Lewis fine. (I think - maybe my maths is screwed up)

The things is that if the Ferrari is the faster car, Fernando i good at driving around a car's shortcommings, so Assuming the Mclaren doesnt work well around Interlargos Lewis could find it championship lead fall to pieces.

On the other hand, if the car's good, there's really nothing (bar a retirement) that can stop him clinching it. Kimi & Fernando's hopes of the title are a bit like Englands hopes of Euro Championship qualification - mathematically possible, but not entirely within their own hands.

oh and comment about that itv-f1 article that waynes posted - I agree that the article is good, but I fail to see how it is "ripping lewis a new one" there is almost no criticisim of him in the article whatsoever, mnost of it is "Sure he did this, and sure he did that - but it was within the rules". Its an artuckle about WHY Lewis is getting flack from some people - the article itself actually doesn't throw much in the way of flack at Lewis at all.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Belatti
Belatti

I would like to see McLaren winning and Kimi winning, but that combo is impossible since 2006, so now I don´t care.
checkered wrote:... Me, I'll just sit back and let things unfold.
The same.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

axle
axle

I expect it will be;
1) Kimi
2) Massa
3) Alonso
4) Hamilton.

Hamilton takes the title by 2 points from Kimi.

I am expecting Ferrari to dominate, unfortunately.

I'm secretly praying for a miricle that see's all 4 cars really evenly matched, so the drivers can literally battle it out for lap after lap.

There's a high chance that Alonso will bin it if he is in a position from which he can't win the title...he has a habit of over driving on emotion. Kimi and Hamilton will be the coolest two. Massa, well, who can predict what he'll do...he'll probably gallop off into a lead and then get "overhauled" by Kimi ;)
- Axle

kimi
kimi

too many predictions for this race.. :lol:

just 2 days to go and we will see the secret unfold..
just hold on.. :wink:

HKS

I don't care whoever wins the race until Fernando wins the championship :)

vs331
vs331

Looks like Hamilton used 2 sets of wets in the 1st practice session and it seems to breach of some regulation http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 052439.stm

Does anyone know more about this ?

Belatti
Belatti

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19802.html

I suppose nothing will happen.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

axle
axle

I hope he gets a penalty similar to Ralf in the past...0.5secs added to his qualifying times...in ALL qualifying sessions...

but I expect they'll give him a grid slot penalty (and Button etc too...)
- Axle

Tom

Thats a fair call, If the FIA descide to punish Hamilton (and the others recieve the same punishment) appropriately then I say fair enough, he broke the rules. If they descide not to punish him then thats fair too as he didn't really gain anything from it. As long as the punishment fits the crime and they take the Japanese GP start into account too.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

axle
axle

Indeed treat all the same.

Obviously I'd love for Hamilton not to be penalised for anything...but then there's a certain satisfaction from winning from a disadvantaged position ;)

It's a odd thing for the team to get wrong though in my opinion. Surely each team has people who's job it is to make sure the team don't fall foul of the regulations?
- Axle

Militia Est Vita

No penlaty for Hamilton.

Teams fined 15,000 E

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/20 ... 11022.html

bar555
bar555

Mc Laren would need double sponsors next year or perhaps a charity money gathering if the fines does not stop . I lost the bill , can anyone sum the fines against Mc Laren for 2007 ?

axle
axle

Can you translate please? Is it the same punishment for button etc who also broke the rules?

A fine that small could come out of Ron's back pocket...
- Axle

vs331
vs331