Toro Rosso again 100% owned by Red Bull

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
guy_smiley

Re: Toro Rosso again 100% owned by Red Bull

WhiteBlue wrote: STR are expected to continue with RBT chassis.
But only for 2009, right?
WhiteBlue wrote:and after the Force India / McMerc deal we have to assume that the deal stands.
A little off topic but... it makes me ask, the FIF1 Mclaren deal isn't really a customer car issue as much as it is an engine supply deal, isn't it? red bull renault, STR ferrari, williams toyota etc...its not like using a red bull chassis (str) or an old honda chassis (super aguri), am i mistaken? im only asking here, not trying to start a debate! :mrgreen:

thanks
Smiles all 'round!

pipex
pipex

From what i remember, the FIF1-McLaren deal is for engine + gearbox + rear suspension (entire drivetrain) + suppliers of parts + technical assistance. It seems like a technical McMerc B team. Maybe they are doing this to classify as true constructors, but i think that the technical input that McMerc will have in the FIF1 chassis could even go as far as having a McLaren clone. Maybe they are trying to stretch the rules with this, just in a more "hidden" way. Specially this "technical assistance" part of the deal is what will decide if the FIF1 will be an "original" design or nearly a clone. Maybe someone that knows more about the F1 car design could comment on this. :)

Regards
"We will have to wait and see".

Fil

Link

VW a sponsor of STR?
For how long has this been the case?
What's in it for VW?
What does this potentially mean for the future of the sister Red Bull team..?
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

modbaraban
modbaraban

Erm... I'll try to answer.

1. Yes.
2. Since 2006, I think.
3. Dunno
4. Perhaps nothing :?