Williams FW31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Williams FW31 - final livery

I wonder if AT&T is a Williams sponsor in name only, I can only see two small logos on that car? Being associated with other credible companies is important for a sponsor, see what happened when BMW left.

Other than that, I made an observation on Williams web-site, in the "career" sections there were postings from October last year. In my world, that means that no hiring was ever made, nor to be, and nobody cares.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

siskue2005

pjobmathew wrote:Here are images of FW31's final livery.

Well i feel its really sick . The earlier one was so cool .It made the car look like batmobile :lol: .

Also could anyone show me where the 'S' to commemorate Ayrton Senna is ???
that is their interim car, not the FW31 8)
Maybe re-evaluating some reference point from before? maybe

pjobmathew

siskue2005 according to the info i've got these new photographs are from Williams sponsor Allianz .

joseff

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but...
where are the Allianz stickers?

Smooth bokeh btw. Love that pic :)

xpensive
xpensive

I think Allianz, Lenovo and Petrobras are all gone from last season and I wonder if AT&T is a Williams sponsor in name only, I can only see two small logos on that car? Being associated with other credible companies is important for a sponsor, see what happened when BMW left.

Other than that, I made an observation on Williams web-site, in the "career" sections there were postings from October last year. In my world, that means that no hiring was ever made, nor to be, and nobody cares.

megz

Didn't... didn't we just have this conversation? :)

But in all seriousness, Williams do still appear to be struggling for sponsors after losing BMW, can they not add some more Toyota stickers and try and lure some more Japanese sponsorship?

xpensive
xpensive

I wouldn't know, with Alzheimers I cannot remember more than a few hours or so. :wink:
Anyway, it seems uncertain what relation Williams have with Toyota, the latter might not be interested in sharing any Japanese sponsors. I think Williams short-term chances are in trusting that those draconian cost-cuts are for real, the prospects of hooking up with a wealthy sponsor at this point are rather slim.

pjobmathew

I think Allianz, Lenovo and Petrobras are all gone from last season
I just checked their website for clarification , Allianz are still sponsoring wil

mattclinch

official livery pics.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/02/27/w ... -pictures/

where'd those flow-regulator fins either side of the cockpit come from?!

axle
axle

mattclinch wrote:official livery pics.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/02/27/w ... -pictures/

where'd those flow-regulator fins either side of the cockpit come from?!
Ahh I've been looking for photo's of them, they are "skate fins" they are there to stay unless they proove ineffective.

Excellent photos there.

I think Williams have been truely innovative this year, hats off to them.

Though Sam has been saying that he thinks other cars are ready to use their diffusor design but didn't want to show it off too early...bet he's kicking himself now!
- Axle

axle
axle

Actually if that IS the FW31 (and it's got the bunny ear intakes) they've reshaped the sidepods, moved the exhausts and added the skate wings.

Oh and will that be the final nose one wonders? If so it's more along the Ferrari lines than anyone else.
Last edited by axle on 27 Feb 2009, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
- Axle

Scotracer
Scotracer

Williams is going all out this year with thinking outside the box! First the diffuser and now some vertical turning vains. They are...interesting. On the whole, the car is BEAUTIFUL. My favourite 2009 car =P~
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

ewwww... disgusting... the testing livery was so much nicer, and the car is boring & plain. 12 thumbs down

and those bunny ears are stupid looking and against the "spirit" of the no appendages rules.

Scotracer
Scotracer

ISLAMATRON wrote:ewwww... disgusting... the testing livery was so much nicer, and the car is boring & plain. 12 thumbs down

and those bunny ears are stupid looking and against the "spirit" of the no appendages rules.
Don't be a "spirit" apologetic. If there is a loophole, and you're an engineer you bloody-well use it!

I think it's the best looking F1 car in years =D> :mrgreen:
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

Scotracer wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:ewwww... disgusting... the testing livery was so much nicer, and the car is boring & plain. 12 thumbs down

Don't be a "spirit" apologetic. If there is a loophole, and you're an engineer you bloody-well use it!

I think it's the best looking F1 car in years =D> :mrgreen:
You are right as an engineer I would use it, but I'd spit on it every chance I got for its ugliness.