Williams FW31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Williams FW31 - final livery

Why can't I see any Allianz logos and just two tiny AT&T stickers on this car, is the former not a sponsor anymore and isn't the team called AT&T Williams nowadays?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Mitsuhirato
Mitsuhirato

The car looks great. Now it definitely looks like the 90's Rothmans livery, which is a good thing, a very good thing.
I could (want to) see this car and Rosberg winning.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

What an incredible rate of development for Williams, that or they held alot back on the car they have been testing. I'm not sure on the livery, but I'm not too interested in the paint work to be honest. Those new vanes are interesting, they look like an extension of the small fins found in that area in previous years...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Im gonna go on record and say this, if that is the final design over the launch day one driven by Nico Hulkenberg, that is one of the best looking cars ive seen in a long time, probably dating back to the Renault R23, and i think the fact Williams have done it again and thought outside the box and designed a classialy-themed-modren car makes me drool.

That car is beautiful and is probably not showing its hand yet.

The best cars when rules are changed always come from 2 camps from where im standing, either the Williams camp or the Newey camp. Just happened that when Williams dominated in the early to mid 90s that both Williams and Newey were one camp.

Livery wise, i like it, its verry like the FW29 and FW28s livery.

axle
axle

From what I've read the design team has expanded and has a lot of ex Ferrari, Renault etc guys...they've obviously gone for it big time.

Fingers crossed.
- Axle

Miguel
Miguel

I have to say I am terribly disappointed by the FW31. Why? As a williams supporter, I bought a Lenovo T400 and now I learn that they are dumping Lenovo. What the heck! Anyway, some slight traces of golden would make the retro Rothmans look even more effective, and if the diffuser is as effective as I hope we may get back to the FW14 era.

You know, I have this secret wet fantasy of Alonso winning the WDC in a Williams, but don't tell anyone. It's as possible as me publishing in Nature within the next two years.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Miguel wrote:I have this secret wet fantasy of Alonso

Too much info there Miguel! :lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

mike
mike

its HOT~~!!!
and it shows that the 2009 rules doesn make all the cars look the same(my initial thought)

Roland Ehnström

Personally I think the darker blue of last year was more aestethically pleasing, but that's just a matter of taste of course. Black would have been even better, I love black cars. Anyway, the medium blue color does remind me of Williams "good old days", and that's good in itself.

I hope this car can bring Williams back to the front, but I seriousely doubt it. The diffuser is fantastic, but something tells me it will be copied by all teams before long, and the rest of the car is not very interesting. Also, it's sad that they won't start the season with KERS, I was looking forward to see how their mechanical system would stack up against the opposition.
Last edited by Roland Ehnström on 28 Feb 2009, 11:23, edited 2 times in total.

axle
axle

Miguel wrote:I have to say I am terribly disappointed by the FW31. Why? As a williams supporter, I bought a Lenovo T400 and now I learn that they are dumping Lenovo.
Lenovo left to join McLaren...TBH Williams need a big I.T. sponsor back - to provide CFD.
- Axle

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Miguel wrote:I have to say I am terribly disappointed by the FW31. Why? As a williams supporter, I bought a Lenovo T400 and now I learn that they are dumping Lenovo.
Infact it was Lenovo that ditched Williams in favour of McLaren from what i read. They are going to play McLaren less money that they would pay Williams and have a smaller ad space on the McLaren, but will gain more advertising exposure in the whole by arround 20% from what the article i read, cant remember where tho.

Miguel
Miguel

axle wrote:
Lenovo left to join McLaren...TBH Williams need a big I.T. sponsor back - to provide CFD.
WHOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, not only I'm no longer supporting Williams with my T400, but I'm supporting the "Enemy"! McLaren? Are you serious? You know, when you support Alonso and Williams, buying a laptop that will finance McLaren is the worst thing that can happen.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

modbaraban
modbaraban

Miguel wrote:WHOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, not only I'm no longer supporting Williams with my T400, but I'm supporting the "Enemy"! McLaren? Are you serious? You know, when you support Alonso and Williams, buying a laptop that will finance McLaren is the worst thing that can happen.
I'm ready to help you by performing a buyout (for 1 pound) and carry your burden. I guarantee to support it for its lifetime.

siskue2005

modbaraban wrote:
Miguel wrote:WHOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ready to help you by performing a buyout (for 1 pound) and carry your burden. I guarantee to support it for its lifetime.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

djos

So how long do we think these will remain legal?

I reckon they are a/ fugly & b/ dangerous! [-X
"In downforce we trust"