Ferrari to make hybrids!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Re: Ferrari to make hybrids!

@ Islamatron: Ferrari will produce hybrid supercars because we are all going in that direction. However, don't underestimate the sentimental value of Ferraris and obviously their target market.

ISLAMATRON

jddh1 wrote:@ Islamatron: Ferrari will produce hybrid supercars because we are all going in that direction. However, don't underestimate the sentimental value of Ferraris and obviously their target market.
Having never made a turbo road car I just dont see Ferrari incorperating any innovative high technology. Did they ever make an active suspension car? All wheel drive? I undertand their sentimental value and target group but I just never understood their opposition to innovative technology in their road cars(and in the F1 cars prior to Schumi & crew's arrival)... maybe its the Italian way of thinking, I just dont know.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

They have, the model being the F40, powered by a TT 3L V8. Maybe there were others too, but I just woke up and don't have time to do research or think, and I have class in less than an hour.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Miguel
Miguel

ISLAMATRON wrote:Having never made a turbo road car[...]
Mmm... The names 288 GTO and F40 jump to my mind as turbo cars. A quick glance at wikipedia also shows another turbo models, like the Ferrari 208 Turbo and the GTB Turbo. So it was seldom used, but it has been used more than once. It's also funny that most of the complaints of the lack of performance of the F50 compared to the F40 are probably due to the large atmospheric F50 engine compared to the small turbo of the F40.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

ISLAMATRON

learn something new everyday... I dont remember the F40 being turbo... time to do some research... funny cuz I remember when the F40 came out.

timbo
timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:Having never made a turbo road car I just dont see Ferrari incorperating any innovative high technology. Did they ever make an active suspension car? All wheel drive? I undertand their sentimental value and target group but I just never understood their opposition to innovative technology in their road cars(and in the F1 cars prior to Schumi & crew's arrival)... maybe its the Italian way of thinking, I just dont know.
Right now they apparently have sophisticated semi-auto gearboxes, tracktion control and EBS on their cars. All that systems work and receive praises from reviewers. Note that BMW abandoned their SMG gearbox after couple of years in production. Right now they are very effective in using their F1 technologies on road-cars.

Ciro Pabón

Sure Ferrari has active suspension road cars (besides Turbos). I concede that the F599 has a Delphi one, but...

You know, I have a close friend that would complain in heaven: "the wings are too long, the halo is too heavy...". I bet that the day he gets an Enzo, he's gonna say: "Hey! It has no radio!".

You have to concede that: the Enzo has no radio.
Ciro

modbaraban
modbaraban

Ciro Pabón wrote:You have to concede that: the Enzo has no radio.
It's not like you'll be able to hear it, right? Besides those who'd choose to listen to radio over that V12 would choose to drive something else. :wink:

Talking bout all the TC, ABS, ESP stuff on modern Ferraris, well, you'll realize how necessary it is when you look at their potential buyers. For some even the best TC isn't enough. Hell, some of them can't even run a length of a football pitch without dancing around :mrgreen:

Conceptual
Conceptual

modbaraban wrote:
It's not like you'll be able to hear it, right? Besides those who'd choose to listen to radio over that V12 would choose to drive something else. :wink:

Talking bout all the TC, ABS, ESP stuff on modern Ferraris, well, you'll realize how necessary it is when you look at their potential buyers. For some even the best TC isn't enough. Hell, some of them can't even run a length of a football pitch without dancing around :mrgreen:
Anthony Hamilton and the Porche comes to mind as well......... :oops:

jddh1

Conceptual wrote:
modbaraban wrote:

Anthony Hamilton and the Porche comes to mind as well......... :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: