USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

wow, auction over. it was up for less than a day. did they really sell anything? I was interested in one of those PCs or a laptop.

PlatinumZealot

Strange.. over so fast..unless something caused them to cancel it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

The FOZ
The FOZ

Guys, this was a live auction. It took place AT the former USF1 facility, bidders would have been onsite. These typically last a few hours.

There was an option to put in proxy bids via the net, maybe that's what you're all seeing?

Pup
Pup

Yes, there was an option to view the auction live online. The little I saw, things went pretty fast, though the deals were about what one would expect; i.e., nice bargains but no steals. Some fool paid almost $8k for the tub. One of you, I assume. :P

But the guy who snagged the wheel got a pretty good deal, I think - $500, and they threw in the partial tub to boot. Some lucky local got himself a fancy new coffee table and a carbon watering trough. Don't know who won the toasters. Xpensive?

bill shoe
bill shoe

This thread hasn't budged for several weeks, but thanks to the bankruptcy auction we've added a couple pages. We are still 10 pages ahead of the MP4/25 thread. Keep it up!!

And heck, the post quality on this thread ain't too bad anyway. I'm posting this out because I live in North America but can't go to the Canadian race. Don't often have a chance to get out to the suburbs...

xpensive
xpensive

So someone paid 8 kUSD for an unfinished tub, some people have way too much money on their hands if you ask me. :lol:

The strange part is how many lightyears they seem to have been from having a complete car, there should have been suspension parts and what not? Instead you have all this toolings, machinery, racks and cabinets, they must have machined something over six months?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Tim.Wright

My guess is the staff raped the place for souveniours. Car parts would be the only things not accounted for in the company books (except outsourced parts and expensive parts).

If I was there I would have walked out with my pockets full. Apparently not with US dollars though hehe, but thats another story.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

xpensive
xpensive

That could very well be Tim, another possibility is that they simply never designed anything ready for production.
Remember they were quick to show anything resembling an F1 car, including that broken nose, but no other parts?

countersteer
countersteer

I'm attempting to access the bankruptcy filings but find nothing in the Charlotte area bankruptcy court records for anything like USF1... US... Anderson...Windsor.

Does anybody know if the actual company name was different? Could it have possibly filed elsewhere?

Give me a clue and I'll keep looking...

xpensive
xpensive

General Toasters Inc, perhaps?

jddh1

xpensive wrote:General Toasters Inc, perhaps?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pup
Pup

I noticed some other items missing from the list. The autoclave is the big one, of course, but I seem to remember some Macs in their first pictures they put out, but they weren't in the auction, nor was Peter's infamous Jim Clark poster.

There was a bottle of champagne, though. I guess they never found anything to celebrate.

I'm wondering if there is anything of interest on any of those computers, or if they were wiped.

xpensive
xpensive

The autoclave was probably leased, but I thought that the Haas CNCs were too, why I might be wrong there as well?

bill shoe
bill shoe

Here is the end of the end:

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... ng-by-fia/

For me the most interesting point is that the FIA wanted to go through legalistic procedings against a team that does not exist anymore. This is kind of like propping the dead bank robber's body up in court to try him for robbing the bank.

Let the record show this thread was still 5 pages up on the McLaren thread when this was posted (167 pages to 162). 167 pages of posts is probably more significant than what USF1 produced.

xpensive
xpensive

309 kEUR, eh? Surely Windsor and Anderson are good sports, why they will pay the fine in order to avoid further embarrasment?