Prediction Pecking Order at Melbourne.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moanlower

Prediction Pecking Order at Melbourne.

Just for the fun of it!

Here's mine.

BMW
Renault
Ferrari
Mclaren
Toyota
RBR
FI
Williams
BR (Brawn Racing)
STR
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

Shaddock

Re: Prediction Pecking Order at Melbourne.

My Guess

Ferrari
RBR
BMW
Toyota
McLaren/Renault
Williams
STR
FI
BR1

Spencifer_Murphy

Mclaren/Ferrari
Red Bull/BMW
Williams
Renault/STR/FIF1
Toyota
Name TBC by Ross Brawn

The reasons for the and/or's is because I feel the drivers will play a part. For example I think Lewis might be quicker than both Ferrari's but both Ferrari's to be quicker than Kovy.

I think RBR will be fast, and BMW will also be quick (they've quietly been getting on and I feel they'll be strong) STR will be quick (same basic car as RBR) but I feel their driver line up won't be sufficient to keep them up with their sister team, I reckon the FIF1 car will be fast enough to give them a run for their money and I've ranked the Renault up highly because I feel in the hands of Fernando it'll be quick-ish (well quicker than the Williams which I've ranked above them because I feel the TEAm will perform better than the aggregate performance of Alonso & Piquet...I think Piquet is really struggling atm - hope for his sake I'm wrong)

I've got Toyota low down for no good reason, just process of elimination, sorry. I have nothing to base that on, just a hunch. And The Ross Brawn team will be slow purely because the poor sods have had such little time with which to get prepared.

I DO think however that there will be some changes mid season.

Final disclaimer....I have NO FACTS or anything on which to base my assumptions, please don't flame me because you might disagree, its just a hunch and a bit of fun to try and predict it. :D
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Roland Ehnström

Brawn
Ferrari
BMW
Toyota
Red Bull
Renault
McLaren
Williams
Force India
Toro Rosso

Edited @ March 16th after Barcelona tests
Last edited by Roland Ehnström on 16 Mar 2009, 17:07, edited 2 times in total.

natef1
natef1

Ferrari
BMW
McLaren
RBR
Williams
Renault
Toyota
FI
STR
Brawn

When you look at it it's so completely random in some ways. We all think RBR will make big progress but when you look at the mixture of driver lineups anything could happen.. Rosberg can be quick on his day in the Williams and Renault have a man who'll get absolutely everything out of what looks like a mediocre car. Then there's STR with that 1st race victory under their belt and somewhat of an unknown entity.. And FI look to be moving on.. BMW and Toyota have kept pretty quiet over testing..Seems like nobody really thinks Toyota stand a chance, but they have 2 decent drivers and big resources so..

Ooh it's going to be so exciting, I can't believe it's only 3 weeks or so to go! :D

McMacca
McMacca

McLaren
Ferrari
Renault (Alonso)
Red Bull Racing
BMW
Renault (Piquet)
STR
Toyota
Williams
Force India
Brawn Racing

Sorry I have to split the Renaults as i just dont beleive they are the same. and if i'm honest after McLaren and Ferrari, for me its a lottery

Callum

McLaren
BMW/Ferrari
RBR
Renault(Alonso)
Williams
STR
Toyota
Renault(Piquet)
FI
(Honda)

I'm the same, i have nothing agaisnt Piquet i just don't think he'l be as fast as Alonso for the short-term.

I'm really excited about how it's going to turn out!!

marinopc
marinopc

1. Ferrari
2. Renault
3. BMW Sauber
4. Toyota
5. McLaren
6. Red Bull
7. Williams
8. Toro Rosso
9. Force India
10. Brawn Racing

Ferrari is one step beyond the rest but it seems that the R29 in Alonso's hands it's almost as fast as the F60.

I think BMW it's quite confident on the car, and I think, as always that they're not showing their real pace. Toyota is also very close to the Hinwil-based team, but I think that Mclaren is having a lot of problems with the '09 spec rear wing unless they're confusing everybody and they have an unshowed ace in the hole.

RBR and Williams also improved their pace and I think they speed is almost the same, a little less than Toyota and BMW but faster than Toro Rosso and Force India.

The still-unnamed Honda will be a mystery until Australia but sure they won't be on the front because their lack of tests.

Anyway, the differences between the first and the last will be shorter than last season.

What do you think??

Sawtooth-spike

I think it will be:

Redbull
Mclaren
Ferrari
BMW
Toyota
STR
Renault
Force India
Williams
Brawn F1 Racing Thingy

I think Rebull may pull a fast one 2 start with.

This is totaly subjective. Based on my gut and wish list.

May i just say i think redbull is going to be the fastest, but only 1 car will finsh the race.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

al_kar
al_kar

I dont think that many things will change

Ferrari
Maclaren
BMW
RBR/STR
Toyota
The rest..

My personal favorite is BMW but i dont think they have it :!:

jon-mullen

1. Renault
2. Red Bull
3. Ferrari
4. Toyota
5. BMW Sauber
6. McLaren
7. Toro Rosso
8. Williams
9. Brawn
10. Force India

My 2c
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Shaddock

We could compare these predictions with the constructors table after the first race, whose got the best crystal ball :idea:

Kester
Kester

1.Ferrari
2.Red Bull - as long as Webber doesn't let Vettel down.
3.McLaren
4.Renault
5.Toyota
6.BMW
7.Williams
8.Brawn Racing
9.Toro Rosso - mainly let down by an inexperienced line up and their lack of testing time
10.Force India

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Too early to call for me, i want to see all the cars times next week at Barcelona to be able to make a accurate call, but if i was pushed to make a decision right now on my impressions of the cars at the moment it would be this controvercial one:

1. Toyota
2. Red Bull-Renault
3. Ferarri
4. Williams-Toyota
5. BMW Sauber
6. STR-Ferarri
7. McLaren-Mercedes
8. Renault
9. Force India-Mercedes
10. Brawn-Mercedes

McMacca
McMacca

Shaddock wrote:We could compare these predictions with the constructors table after the first race, whose got the best crystal ball :idea:
Good idea, now does Honda Racing, come after Force India in the alphabet or is the only way to get them off bottom to call it Brawn Racing? :lol:

Maybe they should go for Aardvaark racing! :lol: :twisted: