Button or Barrichello?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will be better?

Barrichello
56%
Button
44%

Total votes: 43

ISLAMATRON

Button or Barrichello?

If we are to believe that BGP are the hands down favorite in Austrailia, reliability not withstanding, What cases can be made for which driver will prove to be the better of the team?

We've seen Rubans dominated by MS but actually beat him at certain times... was it bad days for MS or a proof of his true talant.(results kinda say half & half). And how much was he truly limited by the team. We've also seen him race very well in the Stewart and Jordan teams. I would give him the nod as the better driver in is time at Honda thus far but that isnt saying much.

Button seems to have given up on racing in the Honda the last 2 years(hard to blame him) but has that diminished his race craft? Button has both shown to have been an above average F1 driver with his time on the grid, can be very consistant.

So who will take it between the two if this is indeed Brawn GP's year... or at least the first 4(this year) flyaway races to kick off the season.

Rubans today:"I have waited a long time to find a team that gives me the conditions of Ferrari but the freedom to not have to race only for Schumacher.”

He has also claimed to have lost 5 kilos.
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 24 Mar 2009, 00:15, edited 2 times in total.

vall
vall

Re: Button or Barrichello?

I would put my bet on Rubens. I was thinking recently: why everyone in the forum was talking on putting bets on Button for WDC, bla-bla, but not mentioning of Rubens (probably the British bias). I would rate Rubens higher that Button.

Spencifer_Murphy

I really don't know, whilst I rate Rubens very highly I don't know how he'll cope with mounting a title challenge...he's never had to do it before, he's always been neutered by team tactics and recent a crap car. And whilst thats NOT a critisism of him in any way its just a question mark in my mind.

Equally with Jenson he's never had to mount a title challenge, but he did have some front running, team leader, sort of role to play in 2004, back when rubens was still playing wingman to Manfred Von Ritch....I mean Michael Schumacher.

I really don't know, personally I feel they're an equally strong line up and cannot wait to see what they can do:

Jense in a very good car
Rubens allowed to show what he can do in a very good car

I just can't wait.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

alelanza
alelanza

I'd say Rubens, his current determination seems unparalleled and enough to given a tenth or so :D
That being said i really enjoyed this video and wouldn't be surprised to see it again next weekend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuyzCCL-mWY[/youtube]

It never ceases to impress me when i hear Brundle narrating a pole, and i reckon he's only gotten better over the years.
Alejandro L.

hulmerist

that's an amazing lap, i forgot about that

i wish i could drive melbourne that well, i know it's not the same on a game but i find it really hard for some reason, that lap was flawless

Sterl the Pearl
Sterl the Pearl

Well, I am cheering for Jenson. Back in the day, when BAR was the "best of the rest" after Renault and Ferrari, he was so consistent. Then, when the car and Honda went down hill, he was consistently bad.
Rubens seems to be doing a great job, at least according to testing and I firmly believe it is huge that he is with Ross Brawn and working together again.
Does anyone know what they are doing about the brake situation they have had since Rubens came to the team? I can't recall who likes what, but Rubens and Jenson don't like the same brand of brakes and it used to be a real problem for the engineers.
GO JENSE!

ISLAMATRON

That is a very good point... I think That Rubans is still right foot braking(which is strange for such an accomplished Karter)...

At one point the drivers were using 2 different types of brakes... Hitco, Brembo, or was it the Carbon industries for the pads & rotors... cant remember... but that could be a major point of difference thru the season.

megz

Barrichello would get my money, he takes all the right chances (Siverstone) and genuinely seems to have a better feel for the car and circuit most of the time when compared to Button.

pipex
pipex

Seems they switched to Brembo, at least that says the PDF in their website. The past year i remember they switched to them.
Previously they used Alcon.

http://www.alcon.co.uk/customers.htm
http://www.brembo.com/US/AboutBrembo/In ... 080214.htm

BrawnGP is in the list of Hitco supplied teams
http://www.hitcoracing.com/formula1.htm

Mmm, it seems that they select the brake manufacturer in function of the driver...
"We will have to wait and see".

axle
axle

The two drivers have different styles but are equally quick...

I think it will come down to which driver the car suits most.

However as a Brit, and as someone who thinks Button has been unlucky...I would like to see him "win" the battle. But if the BGP's are beating Ferrari I'll be happy :D
- Axle

Spencifer_Murphy

As a Brit I'm hoping that:
A) That BGP001 is fast & reliable (also cos I REALLY like Rubens)
B) That if the BGP001 is a good'un that Jense can mount a title challenge, especially If Lewis' MP4-24 isn't as good as I've hoped, as he's the only other Brit.

That being said I've love to see Fernando back where he belongs (at the sharp end of the grid) and I'd love to see a good season for Williams and a few others...but thats for another topic.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

axle
axle

Yip I want Button to be WDC and Rosberg to be second (on points!)
- Axle

alelanza
alelanza

ISLAMATRON wrote:That is a very good point... I think That Rubans is still right foot braking(which is strange for such an accomplished Karter)...
That is precisely one of the F1 mysteries of all time for me, i could never get my head around that, nor confirm it but i've heard about it several times.
Alejandro L.

ISLAMATRON

alelanza wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:That is a very good point... I think That Rubans is still right foot braking(which is strange for such an accomplished Karter)...
That is precisely one of the F1 mysteries of all time for me, i could never get my head around that, nor confirm it but i've heard about it several times.
Is it true? does he right foot brake? I've only heard rumors.

Moanlower

He also successfully moved from right-foot to left-foot braking after he joined Ferrari, demonstrating that he does have the ability to evolve his driving style.
here's the article. http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2006/4/4243.html

By the way. I like both drivers and hope Brawn GP can go all the way and finish the season 1 point less than Alonso. It would be nice for Rubens and the sport if he kicked everybody's ass besides Alonso's ofcourse. :lol: As a matter of fact, I already have the film rights for the Brawn story with Rubens as leading role.

p.s. It should be a piece of cake to change from right to left foot braking if you are a bit talented which I think most of the F1 drivers are. :roll:
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.