FIA at it again...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kilcoo316
kilcoo316

FIA at it again...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73816
The growing row over diffuser designs in Formula 1 appears to be heading for a showdown protest at the Australian Grand Prix, with the FIA saying it is now too late to resolve the matter before the start of the season.
Which reads as:

"We want the teams to be at each others throats, rather than at ours".

Inept shower of useless sh!theads. Why are the idiots that could have clarified all this weeks ago not facing the sack?

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Re: FIA at it again...

Well Max may well give them a bit of a whipping.... just for fun! :lol: :lol:
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

alelanza
alelanza

I know it's bad and dumb, but it does feel a bit more like business as usual for F1 in general. I guess after the winner takes all fiasco these things don't seem so bad.
Alejandro L.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Winner-takes-all thing can be back in a year if this s**t ruins FOTA. :?

Conceptual
Conceptual

With all of the regular upgrades throught a F1 season, why is it such a big deal?

Every team on the grid has had plenty of time to make one of these themselves, and the FIA gave clearance a LONG time ago on this item.

Is it a "too hard to make mine better" or a "screw the other guy, so I don't have to try harder" issue?

I sincerely hope that Brawn, Toyota and Williams CRUSH the crybaby teams that lodge this complaint in Australia.

After all, technically the diffusers are legal, since it is simply creative, passive use of the FIA mandated crash structure, by leaving part of the diffusor out... All teams could be using it, all teams had time to make one, so what is the big deal?

Rob W

Conceptual wrote:After all, technically the diffusers are legal, since it is simply creative, passive use of the FIA mandated crash structure, by leaving part of the diffusor out...
Yeah, but something on the inside of a car was deemed to be a moveable aerodynamic device (no, not the steering wheel) too so we really shouldn't decide too soon. 8)

I wonder why they can't ask for certain clarification on things like this and have ruling which stands at least for the coming races. Then, at certain points within the season when appropriate, they can be revisited in full. Having a question mark over your heads which is at the whim of the race stewards is too risky I think. They've shown clearly they don't make intuitive and consistent decisions on a number of occasions.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Rob W wrote:
Conceptual wrote:After all, technically the diffusers are legal, since it is simply creative, passive use of the FIA mandated crash structure, by leaving part of the diffusor out...
Yeah, but something on the inside of a car was deemed to be a moveable aerodynamic device (no, not the steering wheel) too so we really shouldn't decide too soon. 8)

I wonder why they can't ask for certain clarification on things like this and have ruling which stands at least for the coming races. Then, at certain points within the season when appropriate, they can be revisited in full. Having a question mark over your heads which is at the whim of the race stewards is too risky I think. They've shown clearly they don't make intuitive and consistent decisions on a number of occasions.
When the teams ask for clarifications from the FIA, the answers should be shared with all teams, and stand for the full season.

Changes like this should happen in the off season, not at the first race.

And if the stewards say it is OK in Aus, can the teams continue to challenge it at every venue afterwards?

alelanza
alelanza

modbaraban wrote:Winner-takes-all thing can be back in a year if this s**t ruins FOTA. :?
I hear you, you are entirely right but thing is, I spent a pretty depressing 3 days last week due to the maxbernie idiocy, so now i'm in this egotistical joyful state and can't really be bothered, i'm just getting ready for Thursday night :D
Alejandro L.