Podcast

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
A_S_V
A_S_V

Podcast

Hello There, I am new here. Fascinated by wealth of knowledge and experience of members. I absolutely know little technically, I am a F1 fan for 15 years or so, also like WRC and MotoGP. Does anyone know if there is a podcast on technical analysis of F1 races? I like BBC 5 Live and Renault F1 team podcast which are on borderline of technical analysis. For a Fan like me, it is very puzzling to know why Kimi failed to get his car up to speed while Massa was just fine, or Heikki was kind of on a race strategy that didn't help him to race with Lewis. Also, if really Lewis had some extra team support than Alonso in 2007. This year will be crucial due rule changes.

Hope to hear from you guys.

jddh1

Re: Podcast

There are some podcasts on iTunes, free, but they are garbage in my opinion. If you want to learn about the technical side, I recommend watching a few videos on youtube. It's best to see what parts they're talking about. If you understand Italian, then you can find some really good 3D videos in that language.
There are also a lot of books out there that you can read to learn more. They are a lot more technically oriented, describing why and how things work they way they do. I think there's even a book about the history of technical innovation in F1.
With that said, if you read a lot of the comments on here you will learn a lot. I know I have. And don't be shy to ask questions. But, essentially, a quick search of forum topics and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for most of the cases.