Should Rubens have received a penalty?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Should Rubens have been penalised in Aust?

YES
44%
NO
56%

Total votes: 43

alelanza
alelanza

Re: Should Rubens have received a penalty?

Diesel wrote:Rubens in to the back of Kimi was just an aborted overtake. He wouldn't have touched him if there was an pre-2009 front wing on the car, it was just the extra width that tapped Kimi's rear wheel, no harm done to Kimi so I don't see any reason what so ever for a penalty there.
Thanks for that, makes a lotta sense. On the one hand i felt Rubens did not expect to catch up to Kimi so quickly (not my fault, blame the ubber quick car!) but at the same time it looked clumsy. However i'm pretty sure it's what you said, he is not used to having a piece of wing there. In fact it was already falling apart by that time so he also had less grip on that particular tyre and had to fight harder to swerve away from slow Kimi.
Alejandro L.

andartop
andartop

Diesel wrote:He wouldn't have touched him if there was an pre-2009 front wing on the car, it was just the extra width that tapped Kimi's rear wheel...
=D> That's a really classy argument! Maybe he should use those stickers they have on driving school cars to indicate where the car body ends!

It's so hilarious to see how people believe completely different things according to which teams they like or dislike. I would sell my left kidney for a glimpse in this forum in a parallel universe where Ferrari would be the only team with an "ingeniously" designed diffuser, where Kimi would be leading the race when the first SC took 2 minutes to be dispatched and Massa would have done exactly the same as Rubens in the first corner incident and then "tapped" Lewis' rear wheel because his 2009 front wing was wider than the 2008 one! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

myurr
myurr

Hey I've been consistent at least!

I spoke out about all the FIA bias last year, and am happy to do so again this year. Personally I voted for Rubens to not have a penalty, but only because I want to see less intervention from the stewards. I think that Vettel should not have been penalised, same with Lewis several times last season.

Above all else the stewards consistency and impartiality should be beyond reproach, and that is not something we are currently getting from the FIA.

I think that they were helping Brawn in delaying the first safety car. I think they applied a lighter than usual touch in judging Rubens and his incidents. And I think they were much too harsh on Vettel.