Chinese GP 2009 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Chinese GP 2009

Alonso 2nd, still nothing new I guess? :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

dedge
dedge

Congratulation Sebastian for this pole position. Both Q2 and Q3 won with a single lap... what a good pilot!

But I wanted to notice something else: on the exit of the turns, the MacLaren is lifting the internal front wheel (at least Hamilton in left turns).

Finally, may this MacLaren have also some mechanical issues (and not only aerodynamical)?
Or is it a prefered setting for Lewis' car?

leomax
leomax

I noticed it as well,but thought it was an optical illusion.

hulmerist

seems to work though, he's been so much more competitive, you'd expect it to emerge he has a lot more fuel in than anyone else in the top ten

heikki once again showing how distinctly average he is....maybe he can survive a lap this time

NormanBates

xpensive wrote:Alonso 2nd, still nothing new I guess? :lol:
ok, definitely the new diffuser works (though, still: piquet didn't use it, that's why he couldn't even get to Q2... well, that and because he's piquet, but the new diffuser would have helped)

wanna see the weights, I'm still kind of :shock:

MattF1
MattF1

Which Red Bull was blocking Kovalainen? I'm expecting them and Rosberg to both get a penalty.

myurr
myurr

dedge wrote: But I wanted to notice something else: on the exit of the turns, the MacLaren is lifting the internal front wheel (at least Hamilton in left turns).

Finally, may this MacLaren have also some mechanical issues (and not only aerodynamical)?
Or is it a prefered setting for Lewis' car?
Brundle mentioned it and that it was really unusual, but a couple of minutes later I saw Alonso's Renault doing the same thing to a slightly lesser extent. Think they're just running a particularly stiff setup at the mo.

myurr
myurr

hulmerist wrote:seems to work though, he's been so much more competitive, you'd expect it to emerge he has a lot more fuel in than anyone else in the top ten

heikki once again showing how distinctly average he is....maybe he can survive a lap this time
Heikki, in fairness, was still driving the old car so it wasn't that unexpected. It was his choice though before people start their bitchin'!

I'm guessing that Brawn are a little heavier than those ahead of them, as is Lewis even if only by a couple of laps. I think we'll see Alonso try a very short first stint on the soft tyre, possibly one or other Redbull as well.

Predict the Brawns and Lewis to run two long stints on the hard tyres before a very short final stint on the softs.

wesley123
wesley123

My guess is that Brawn is really heavy. In australia and malaysia they were fastest with a heavier car then all the others, so my guess is that they can drive for around 5 laps longer so they will come ahead of the red bulls on track
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

freedom_honda

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74562

is he high on drugs? seriously. his whingging is getting more and more ridiculous. Ross proposed to fix the rulebook last year but they rejected him. Now they are complaining for their own mistake?

BTM
BTM

myurr wrote:
hulmerist wrote:
Heikki, in fairness, was still driving the old car so it wasn't that unexpected. It was his choice though before people start their bitchin'!

Heikki was driving with half the new aero package- he had the new front wing but not the new diffuser- possibly a second diffuser mclaren was testing in comparison to the one on hammy's car (he would obviously get the one expected to perform better)

NormanBates

freedom_honda wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74562

is he high on drugs? seriously. his whingging is getting more and more ridiculous. Ross proposed to fix the rulebook last year but they rejected him. Now they are complaining for their own mistake?
it sounds like the team is truly broke

apart from that, briatore should be declared medically insane

I don't know who that can be, but someone needs to tell him to shut up; I'm Spanish, and rooting for Alonso, but after those comments I find myself in front of a dilemma: I'd like Alonso to do well, but I don't want Briatore to do well, and I certainly want Brawn to do better than Briatore; BrawnCar-Alonso-BrawnCar in the podium would be fine for me, especially if hamilton and the ferraris are far below and get little or no points (I still consider them the favourites for the championship, together with brawn and redbull, and of course alonso)

BTM
BTM

tifosi speaking here, but i wonder why you consider hammy and ferrari as contenders for the title this year. Sure, it's possible, and of all the teams that need to design a ddd they are the most financially poised to do so, but i figure toyota or even bmw to have better title possibilities then these 2 teams. I mean just look at the points, and especially as teams are required to use race weekends for testing, i anticipate the current gap will widen greatly before it begins to stabilize

djos

WOW, what a fantastic Qualifying Session!!! :o

and an awesome result:

P1 BoyWonder
P2 Nando
P3 Webbo

Go Renault Power!!!

PS. seems like the new Renault Diffuser works well, imagine how fast RBR will be when they get theirs! :lol:
"In downforce we trust"

myurr
myurr

BTM wrote: Heikki was driving with half the new aero package- he had the new front wing but not the new diffuser- possibly a second diffuser mclaren was testing in comparison to the one on hammy's car (he would obviously get the one expected to perform better)
Not true - I believe he chose not to race with the new front wing. Whilst there may be other smaller updates that he was running, he did not have the front wing or interim diffuser.