Diffuser race: who'll be first?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

1) Mclaren
45%
2)Renault
28%
3)RBR
6%
4)BMW
13%
5)Ferrari
6%
6)Force India
2%
7)Torro Rosso
No votes

Total votes: 89

De Jokke

Who'll be first to introduce their new diffuser:
I think renault and macca, closely followed by bmw. Ferrari claims it'll take time but I bet they will have theirs finished pretty soon. 2-3 races.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

blobslosak
blobslosak

Re: Diffuser race: who'll be first?

Looking at the F60 thread it looks like Ferrari already have a version ready to go.

Bob Brown

Well Ferrari are saying Turkey
RBR are saying Monaco

those are the ones that have definitely named races......the rest all just say Spain/Euro span.

Houser

it would have been smart for the engineers to start working on a new diffuser before the ruling yesterday, then they would just wait for the ruling on it, then immediately jump on the band wagon and put it on the car
-Houser

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."
-Ferdinand Porsche

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

Houser wrote:it would have been smart for the engineers to start working on a new diffuser before the ruling yesterday, then they would just wait for the ruling on it, then immediately jump on the band wagon and put it on the car
They've all been working on it!!!

Its just not the work of a minute to get it on the cars.

czt
czt

Houser wrote:it would have been smart for the engineers to start working on a new diffuser before the ruling yesterday, then they would just wait for the ruling on it, then immediately jump on the band wagon and put it on the car
But on the flipside, how much resource do you dedicate to something that you believe to be illegal? It'd be a tricky decision for the management to take!

Miguel
Miguel

I'd bet, as the Who say in the live at leeds "Magic Bus", one hundred english pounds, that McLaren will race in china with a version. It wouldn't surprise me much either to see Renault with a simple preliminary version.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id recon that BMW Sauber and Force India will be the first ones, as im shure that BMW Sauber will race their version in Bahrain and Force India will have the data from their one they had pre-McLaren chassis and running gear deal, so id recon they will try and adapt that idea ASAP.

And to be honest, i can see Force India getting alot more McLaren resource alloted if as i expect when they have their "Lewis Gate" hearing in the next few weeks, to get suspended for a maximum of 5 races or a minimum of 2, with the most likley to be 3 races from the GP after the hearing.

Force India will develop the diffuser and floor for McLaren id recon.

Renault id Expect to be soon enough, probably Spain for them.

Red Bull-Renault will be Monaco, as has already been reported. STR will follow suit the race after or two races after, following the RB4/STR3 developmental patterns of previous seasons.

Ferarri will be running theirs in Turkey id recon.

So in review:

BMW Sauber: Bahrain
Force India: Bahrain
Renault: Bahrain (Early version)
RBR: Monaco
STR: Turkey or Great Britian
Ferarri: Turkey
McLaren: Spain or Monaco (Depending on above cuircumstance i have mentioned)

Houser

kilcoo316 wrote:
They've all been working on it!!!

Its just not the work of a minute to get it on the cars.

I would think they would be working on a version of their own, let the innovations begin!
czt wrote:
But on the flipside, how much resource do you dedicate to something that you believe to be illegal? It'd be a tricky decision for the management to take!
I thought about the management side exactly after i posted it lol, it would be tricky thing to decide on.
-Houser

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."
-Ferdinand Porsche

sticky667
sticky667

i think mclaren have theirs ready to go. it looks awfully similar to he brawn from the rear with the center section blocked off

Fil

you mean this one?

looks like they taped it shut! :D
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

The FOZ
The FOZ

czt wrote:But on the flipside, how much resource do you dedicate to something that you believe to be illegal? It'd be a tricky decision for the management to take!
It's very possible that some of the teams involved in the appeal actually didn't believe that one bit, but were gambling on the chance that it would be found illegal and the DDD teams' results from the previous two races compromised. Think about it, the cost of the appeal was negligible, and in the position of one of the non-DDD teams, I'd feel that I have to cover all the bases after being caught in the lurch without a DDD.

BTM
BTM

don't forget that renault (and i think rbr) was developing a ddd and were told it was illegal...

but this pre season development may provide them the advantage of testing/gearbox design/etc that will speed up their process of fully implementing ddd (not just a bandaid version) especially considering the testing-ban

I think renault and rbr will be first, with the big money teams second (and sf will still be faster than macca)

my 2c

ringo

Fil wrote:you mean this one?

looks like they taped it shut! :D
I wonder if they had any sensors under there for real time research during oz and malaysia?
They might just have a very functional ddd come china.
For Sure!!

nudger
nudger

renault...im taking them at their word that they have one ready to run.
wont be mclaren...apparently they havnt had much success in the wind tunnel thus far