Bahrain GP 2009 - BIC

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
De Jokke

Re: Bahrain GP 2009

the same as in china and melbourne
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

PlatinumZealot

If it rains in Bahrain I vow never to watch F1 again..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sunny1304
sunny1304

wet race are interesting to watch ......but for 2-3 times in a whole season.

but this year seems that we are getring more than 5-6 wet race which is quite stupid.

vasia
vasia

Brawn, RBR and Toyota will be fighting at the front, but Toyota may have an advantage over RBR on this track as they tested extensively at Bahrain in winter.
Reliability is also a question mark with the Red Bull cars, and their reliability will be tested in the Bahrain heat.

Richard
Richard

sunny1304 wrote:wet race are interesting to watch ......but for 2-3 times in a whole season.

but this year seems that we are getring more than 5-6 wet race which is quite stupid.
Rain does tend to reduce the technical advantages and allow the better natural drivers to excel.

It would be a shame if it is dry, it would deprive Kimi and Phillpe of some much needed wet wether practice! Although I wonder if this is when we find the Ferarri spins on blown sand as if it was water?

blobslosak
blobslosak

richard_leeds wrote:
sunny1304 wrote:wet race are interesting to watch ......but for 2-3 times in a whole season.

Rain does tend to reduce the technical advantages and allow the better natural drivers to excel.

It would be a shame if it is dry, it would deprive Kimi and Phillpe of some much needed wet wether practice! Although I wonder if this is when we find the Ferarri spins on blown sand as if it was water?
Massa was doing well in the wet at the Chinese GP till his mechanical problem.

I really do want to see a straight forward dry race though so we can find out the true pecking order and whether this new aero really does help overtaking.

djos

vasia wrote:Brawn, RBR and Toyota will be fighting at the front, but Toyota may have an advantage over RBR on this track as they tested extensively at Bahrain in winter.

Reliability is also a question mark with the Red Bull cars, and their reliability will be tested in the Bahrain heat.
I doubt their testing at Bahrain will help them overcome a the RB5's & BGP01's which are clearly in a class of their own.

RedBull said they solved the relability problem they had on Saturday night, it was a bad 4 pound drive-shaft boot seal batch.
"In downforce we trust"

Scotracer
Scotracer

There were 6 wet races in 2008...will we beat that this year? :roll:
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

It is a true WORLD championship now with alot of races outside of europe so rain is to be expected. Nothing wrong with it at all. Now comes the heat & sand of the Arabian desert. The only thing the WORLD championship is missing is a couple of races in N America and 1 in Africa. It would be nice to have USA/Canada & Mexico back on the schedule as well as South Africa where black people can actually attend the races now.

Giblet
Giblet

I've wanted to see an F1 race since I was a kid. When I was a kid and only 6 hours drive away from Montreal, I couldn't convince my dad.

As I got older, and started making money. I moved across the country to Vancouver, making the race even further away. I had time off this year and so I was planning a visit to my first race.

I can't afford to go to a race in Europe this year. Too bad.

Maybe I should thumb to Monaco and hope I meet a yacht owning super model that Flav has already thrown away so I can see a race.

The CART race in Vancouver a few years ago was cool, but it was TOO LOUD for the people in a 30 story condo at the edge of the track and helped contribute to the decline of CART. I always liked the CART cars way more then the IRL.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ciro Pabón

I agree with Islamatron, altough I miss another race in South America. At Argentina, to be precise.

It could also be in the Caribbean, for some relax for teams and real tourism for fans. That's where I would build a theme park for F1, right besides a nice beach. At Cartagena de Indias, to be precise... :)
Ciro

djos

I've lived in 2 F1 cities as I grew up in Adelaide (went to a couple of GP's in the 90's) and recently lived in Melbourne for 7 years and managed to get to a few races there - now that I'm back in Adelaide I really miss being able to jump on a train to the city & then tram to Albert Park. :(

On the flip side I can jump on the o-Bahn and be at the Adelaide 500 in 20 mins and it's half the cost! :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

Giblet wrote:I've wanted to see an F1 race since I was a kid. When I was a kid and only 6 hours drive away from Montreal, I couldn't convince my dad.

As I got older, and started making money. I moved across the country to Vancouver, making the race even further away. I had time off this year and so I was planning a visit to my first race.

Maybe I should thumb to Monaco and hope I meet a yacht owning super model that Flav has already thrown away so I can see a race.

The CART race in Vancouver a few years ago was cool, but it was TOO LOUD for the people in a 30 story condo at the edge of the track and helped contribute to the decline of CART. I always liked the CART cars way more then the IRL.
Try and make it to Brazil... thats the best race for us N american dwellers to get to... and the atmosphere is outstanding. And the women are ridiculously beautiful

ISLAMATRON

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Giblet wrote:I've wanted to see an F1 race since I was a kid. When I was a kid and only 6 hours drive away from Montreal, I couldn't convince my dad.

Try and make it to Brazil... thats the best race for us N american dwellers to get to... and the atmosphere is outstanding. And the women are ridiculously beautiful

I only been to 2 F1 races, both at Indy... It was amazing there the 1st race when they had 300K plus people... but nothing compared to the Indy 500 when they had 500K plus.

CART races were allways spectacular, I been to plenty all over America, Michigan 2 mile Oval, INDY 500, Detroit Belle Isle, Cleveland, Toronto, Miami(both downtown & homestead), Mid-Ohio. It was great to see those cars on all types of tracks... it is great to see live racing... cant wait to be able to take my kids.
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 20 Apr 2009, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id love to see the F1 Champoinship become a truly world championship again, with the guys going to Montreal and a USA circuit, for me id love to see the cars do 85 or 90 laps arround Laguna Seca or Watkins Glen. Id like to see a race in Mexico and Argentina as well. An African race arround Kyalami would be sweet. But untill that happens, some tracks will have to under go some modrenisation or Tilke-iseation and the cost of F1 will have to be reduced by such an ammount that we can have arround 20 to 22 races a year.

However, Bahrain will be the start of us getting the benchmark for the rest of the season, thats whats really intresting.