Bahrain GP 2009 - BIC

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nae
nae

Re: Bahrain GP 2009

Back Marker World
..?

ISLAMATRON

KERS was an excellent part of this race... it really spiced up the action... I really hope they open it up for further develpment so that when everyone has it there is still a performance difference between the teams.

djos

ISLAMATRON wrote:KERS was an excellent part of this race... it really spiced up the action... I really hope they open it up for further develpment so that when everyone has it there is still a performance difference between the teams.
I have to disagree, I hope FlavaFlav get's it banned at the next FOTA session for 2010 as imo it's a massive waste of money which imo they'd be better off spending on 1.8ltr V6 twin-turbo's running on cellulosic ethanol!

Frankly the next to useless Nelson Piquet was only able to hold off Webber as he had KERS to keep Webber at bay down the main straight on his 1st stint!
"In downforce we trust"

NormanBates

djos wrote:Frankly the next to useless Nelson Piquet was only able to hold off Webber as he had KERS to keep Webber at bay down the main straight on his 1st stint!
he later had another similar battle with another non-kers car, which ended with piquet being overtaken by a much faster car after a few laps of kers-defending himself

but I thought it was a very interesting battle: you could really see when the kers button was pushed, so it made it more visual, which is good for the show, I think

once every car has kers, though, it gets less interesting

horrible strategy by toyota, IMHO: maybe they would have prevented the battle between trulli and vettel altogether, and secured P2, if they had left prime tyres for the last stint

excellent race by hamilton, he made a difference on his suposedly slow car

on the other end of the spectrum, alonso didn't make that big of a difference; maybe the car is still not that good, but, apart from the awful start, in the first stint, he couldn't overtake the 20kg heavier and non-DDD ferrari in front of him :(

timbo
timbo

NormanBates wrote:once every car has kers, though, it gets less interesting
Too some degree - yes, but don't forget that you can use KERS for 6.67 secs only so drivers may choose different times to engage KERS and try to trick each other.

ISLAMATRON

djos wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:KERS was an excellent part of this race... it really spiced up the action... I really hope they open it up for further develpment so that when everyone has it there is still a performance difference between the teams.
I have to disagree, I hope FlavaFlav get's it banned at the next FOTA session for 2010 as imo it's a massive waste of money which imo they'd be better off spending on 1.8ltr V6 twin-turbo's running on cellulosic ethanol!

Frankly the next to useless Nelson Piquet was only able to hold off Webber as he had KERS to keep Webber at bay down the main straight on his 1st stint!
The engine wont change till 2013... that is already pretty much set... in the meantime the KERS is a great addition to the races. If it was such a waste Flav & his squad wouldnt have run it this weekend, same with Ferrari... KERs is the only thing giving those 2 teams any chance of points at the time.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
NormanBates wrote:once every car has kers, though, it gets less interesting
Too some degree - yes, but don't forget that you can use KERS for 6.67 secs only so drivers may choose different times to engage KERS and try to trick each other.
Thats why I hope MAX throws out the standard KERS idea and opens up the KERs regs for more power

djos is just mad cause Webber had a sub par race starting from the back thru no fault of his own.

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

For me, KERS hasn't been that interesting.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Kriss
Kriss

BMW Sauber F1 Team headquarters: Analyse GP Bahrain with supercomputer Albert :lol: :D

ISLAMATRON

Jersey Tom wrote:For me, KERS hasn't been that interesting.
I think they should put a couple green lights in the light fixture on the cars to blink green when they engage the KERS... that way it could be more noticeable for the fans.

And the on board telemetry for KERS provided by the FIA is all wrong... all it tells us is how much time the KERS SECU has left on it for each lap(if you see it goes back to max when they cross start/finish) we should get to see they actual energy on board and when it discharges and such.

tomislavp4

Kriss wrote: BMW Sauber F1 Team headquarters: Analyse GP Bahrain with supercomputer Albert :lol: :D
Oh man! Waht the hell did they get wrong this season :roll: Or, a bit better question, what didn´t they get wrong :lol:

Interesting race this one, to many broken noses!

WhiteBlue

KERS did a very good job to make the racing more interesting. This talk by Flavio is just another exercise in building a negotiating position. He knows, that the FIA and some manufacturers want KERS badly for selling F1 to the tree huggers. Ferrari do not need KERS for their market and will join him to try and ban it. In the end they will get another concession in the negotiation for the budget ceiling and will agree to run it. More politicking by the F1 polititians.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PNSD
PNSD

I was supprised to hear Norbet say he wanted a standard KERS.

Mercedes clearly has the best package for KERS. Best engine and best KERS. Why would he want to lose his addvantage?

A good race today, Jenson drove perfectly in a car that looked to never really be perfectly suited to the track. Even the on track cameras you could see him understeering here and there. Great race, and this was a must win going into Europe with the prospect of the others catching up.

What is crucial now is for Brawn to get that one lap pace!

WhiteBlue

Merc like BMW cannot afford to drop KERS because their workforce already argue that all F1 money should be spent in green technology. As long as they can present F1 as a sales effort and a green effort they can keep their programs on track. If KERS and fuel efficiency technologies would go away from F1 those two manufacturers will soon be gone.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive
xpensive

Unions supporting manufacturer's F1 spending if it can be considered "green"? "Tree-huggers" needful for F1?

Sometimes WB, I simply cannot follow your logic, or is this something Bavarian?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"