Spanish GP 2009 - Circuit de Catalunya

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gonner
Gonner

Re: Spanish GP 2009

The front left suspensions looked bad.

Ferrari 1 et 2 , 1.20.533 Massa et 1.20.6 for Raikko :shock:

zgred

That is just incredible Q1 P1 is for Massa while Raikkonen is out with P16... :shock:

roost89
roost89

zgred wrote:That is just incredible Q1 P1 is for Massa while Raikkonen is out with P16... :shock:
Rather bad! A few teams with a big gap between drivers too. McLaren, STR and Toyota (off the top of my head)
Piquet Jnr. faster than Alonso in Q1 too.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

blobslosak
blobslosak

The team messed up with kimi, didn't send him out for his final lap in Q1.

modbaraban
modbaraban

blobslosak wrote:The team messed up with kimi, didn't send him out for his final lap in Q1.
Deja-vu

The FOZ
The FOZ

blobslosak wrote:The team messed up with kimi, didn't send him out for his final lap in Q1.
Same mistake as with Massa two races ago. As the team who's having a shaky start to the season, why are they making ANY assumptions about pace and performance in quali? Somewhat annoying...

roost89
roost89

What a lap from Vettel! Brundle saying he was wide and late on the throttle in 9 and still beating Rubens' time.

Button with a damn good lap too! A car he doesn't like and he puts it in pole.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Scotracer
Scotracer

Very nice Brawn boys 8)
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

blobslosak
blobslosak

Amazing from Button. He's been off his team mate's pace all weekend and pulls that out of the bag. Amazing. :D =D>

modbaraban
modbaraban

Q3 was a real thriller! Great one.

Gonner
Gonner

Button's style of driving impresses me, he is like Hakkinen in his best years, he puts the car in the curve and ( almost ) never correct the wheel.

RJC_pt
RJC_pt

Gonner wrote:Button's style of driving impresses me, he is like Hakkinen in his best years, he puts the car in the curve and ( almost ) never correct the wheel.
Is that great driving or is that a great car/setup? or both?

Scotracer
Scotracer

RJC_pt wrote:
Gonner wrote:Button's style of driving impresses me, he is like Hakkinen in his best years, he puts the car in the curve and ( almost ) never correct the wheel.
Button has always been a very, very smooth driver. During the TC days he was always noted for almost never engaging it.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

Gonner
Gonner

RJC_pt wrote:
I'd say both, the Brawn seems to be the easiest car to drive, you don't fight with it, but Button's style makes the pair, and that led to 3 wins.

The only bad thing about it is that neither Button's style nor the Brawn really warms the tires, so they weren't able to get the best from their tires in China.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Anyone catch who was on a new engine for this race???

Or if they changed to a new motor after Friday practices???