Monaco GP 2009 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
axle
axle

Re: Monaco GP 2009

Not wishing Kimi to drop down the grid, I would like to see the video of him going across that chicane, it looks like he hasn't managed to keep it on the track from that angle...
- Axle

freedom_honda

does anyone have a uk proxy that works?

megz

You may wish to check Justin's television and the Ferrari big mythical beast channel. Use your imagination to work out the actual channel name :D As far as I know the channel will be up all season with BBC footage. If you want a direct link, PM me.

ISLAMATRON

horrible strategies for Vettle & Hamilto,
bourdais should be penalized out of P8 for cutting chicanes at least 2 times

Giblet
Giblet

Good job on Bourdais while his teammate was doing his best snow plow impression.

Looks like a lot of drivers went over by accident and got warned.

OMG what is button doing.. he's going jogging.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Metar

Piquet must be happy - a retirement, but not his fault.

Gonner
Gonner

Bourdais has already been penalised enough for no reason by the FIA.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Button has had the same engine for the last 3 races, clocking up 1907.4km on it, according to my data.

natef1
natef1

What a dull race.

Well done Ferraris for keeping it somewhat interesting. =D>

Shocked by Piquet's comments, he could've at least had a sense of humility. More often than not he ruins his own race, now someone does a favour for him and he gives them stick.

Conceptual
Conceptual

ESPImperium wrote:Button has had the same engine for the last 3 races, clocking up 1907.4km on it, according to my data.
I find that figure simply amazing... Just a few years ago, they were burning 3 per weekend!

Good race for the Brawns, but rather boring to be honest. With the money that is in Monaco, that turn 8 pier idea that was posted on this site NEEDS to be incorporated. At least then there would be the possibility of passing.

Processional race that was cemented in turn 1 after the start.

So, how many people took Button with the 180:1 odds? They may bankrupt the betting house with that one!

gridwalker
gridwalker

natef1 wrote:What a dull race.
To be fair, it was not bad by the standard set by other dry Monaco GPs that suffered no major incidents ... I found it much more entertaining than the race in Barcelona!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Conceptual wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Button has had the same engine for the last 3 races, clocking up 1907.4km on it, according to my data.
I find that figure simply amazing... Just a few years ago, they were burning 3 per weekend!
Theres also a couple of simmilar figures out there this season as well. Hamilton racing the same eingine for 3 races ending at Spain with a figure of 1931.5km, and Toro Rosso using both drivers number 2 eingines, who im still getting the exact figure as i have found a error in my formulae on my spreadsheet for them, but its gonna be close to the 2km mark.

jonathan189
jonathan189

Boring race... we have officially entered the "watching paint dry" phase of the season. Wake me up when we get to Suzuka.

The Monaco GP is a case of the emperor's new clothes -- so much glitz and glamour, followed by a procession round a track that's too short and too narrow, as a result of which there's no overtaking at all and the outcome is decided by turn 1.

Ciro Pabón

I kind of hate the track, but the race was great. As usual, Monaco doesn't forgive distractions. I loved the result, it showed how important is to be brave and how essential is to keep focused lap after lap.

I was as focused as the drivers... I confess I just made a technical drawing of the track, so it became kind of new. 8)

If you don't get into that focused mood, I imagine you can easily become bored: I understand it, I've been there, done that.

Now, after my "experience" this morning I think that watching the Monaco race is similar to going to a museum. Either you concentrate in the paintings and become raptured by their minute details or you become bored after the third paint, because all seem the same...

I turned off the TV convinced that driving at Monaco is a work of art, for people that can "caught" the mood of contemplating beauty.

Every beauty is different, altough all seem equal.

As my son said, watching the following video, "it's the infinity". Thanks to Manchild for the link:

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/

(it's the video in the top left corner of the page. Click on it, you won't regret it. Lap after lap... they are equal and different).
Ciro

andartop
andartop

I don't think it was that boring, we've certainly seen worse on this track, and others.
I found it really amazing that we had an incident free first lap, and no SC at all.
Even more amazing were Piquet's comments: a flawless veteran multi-Grand Prix winner speaking like that for Buemi might have been silly, but coming from Piquet it was absolutely priceless!
Both Ferrari drivers achieved the best they could given Brawn GP's dominance. Toyota starts looking an easy target for Ferrari, and if they keep improving, they might even challenge Red Bull for 2nd in the Constructors. I was glad to see Massa pushing hard to overtake Vettel, despite the fact he ended up losing a place to Nico. He might be Smedley's baby, but he does seem to have some balls.
Ruby proved once more why he had to play second fiddle to Schumi all these years: after all the moaning, the fact is he still hasn't managed to even challenge Button for a win.. He should be thankful if they let him win in Brazil just for the fans.. Button on the other hand is doing a great job and taking full advantage of the lack of any serious competition.
Shame for Vettel and Kovi, I was expecting both to challenge Massa.
Biggest shame to Bridgestone for the super softs, though Ferrari did somehow make these work! When they first showed Nakajima on the wall, I was sure one or both Ferraris would have been involved!
Overall driver of the day? Surely Piquet. Such quotes are the stuff the greatest jokes are made of!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft