My F1 car - LegendaryM

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
wrcsti
wrcsti

Re: My F1 car

too bad they didnt include one for underbody flow

LegendaryM

I have managed to make a few more small updates to the front wing - I have modified the upper plane by extending it further along so it is similar to williams and I have made the second element on the main plain curve downwards so it is more like Ferrari's and Brawn's.
MRVC: Tolo Racing

LegendaryM

Quite a large amount of Updates:
1. A small turning vane on the front wing endplate

2. A more aerodynamic triangle section of the front wing

3. Turning Vanes similar to Machin's car.

4. Slightly Revised barge boards

5. I have taken the 2 extra turning vanes off the sidepod vanes and got rid of them

6. A completely new airbox fin.

7. A revised lower rear wing element, with greater camber and a central section

8. A cooling tube similar to red bull's

9. And finally, a brand new rear wing with much more complex gills, no central supports and 2 less elements in the central 150 mm (it has gone from 5 to 3)

deus1066
deus1066

That's really nice, espicially the rear wing. The one on mine looks rubbish in comparison!

wesley123
wesley123

halleluya! that is some major update, im pretty sure they work. Front wing might need some flaps, i actually had a similair idea, but way more complex with alot of work done in the end plate. Im thinking of making my own topic similair to this one, where i can show my ideas. imo i have genial ideas too, so that way i can show them(maybe even attract attention of f1 teams? :p ).

Problem at mine is i cant work with such tool so i will use zmodeler for it, wich takes alot longer, i have to set every poly by myself, wich is a hell of a job.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

LegendaryM

Quite a Large Update focusing mainly on better suspension geometry, increased cooling and the legality of the car. The update includes new front wing endplates, bargeboards (which are now legal), brake cooling ducts, suspension which is now horizontal to the ground, new rear wing endplates, a new nose, new wing mirrors (which arent finished), turning vanes under the front wing, a cooling outlet at the centre of the car and new exhausts. Also the chassis is different and features a single keel

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

peteskar

what software are using to design these cars? It is very cool.
“… the last time someone was as wrong as you, was when a politician stepped off an aeroplane in 1939 waving a piece of paper in the air saying there will be no war with Germany ”

- Jeremy Clarkson

LegendaryM

peteskar wrote:what software are using to design these cars? It is very cool.
solid edge

LegendaryM

I have made a small update to the diffuser, similar to the latest update toyota did to their diffuser, however I have kept the same central structure

Pic for comparison, left hand side is old, right hand side is new

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id really hate to follow your car now, it must have a massive turbulence wake, probably up there with 08 standards.

Are you rinning Pull or Push rod rear suspension???

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Lol, that is awesome. Your putting out more updates than brawn are lol!

LegendaryM

Push rod rear suspension.
Anyway, some more updates before I go on holiday;
A revised diffuser with a wider central opening:
And a winglet on the nose which i think is legal:

wrcsti
wrcsti

LegendaryM wrote: And a winglet on the nose which i think is legal:
Same thinking as on my nose, but mine is integrated into the nose.

wesley123
wesley123

although it is an effective way to generate downforce i think it isnt allowed.

might do something special with camera housings to reduce some drag or increase some downforce.

if you wanna create more front downforce you might make much bigger upper planes.

Also the single keel isnt gonna work, temas stepped off from it as single keel is not aero efficient, if you want to place the wishbones low you might make it a twin keel to creat ebetter flow over there
also you might want to let the exhaust blow backwards instead of upwards, most teams have changed it to that way as it is more aero efficient and the exhaust gets more freedom to flow.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

LegendaryM

wesley123 wrote:although it is an effective way to generate downforce i think it isnt allowed.

might do something special with camera housings to reduce some drag or increase some downforce.

if you wanna create more front downforce you might make much bigger upper planes.

Also the single keel isnt gonna work, temas stepped off from it as single keel is not aero efficient, if you want to place the wishbones low you might make it a twin keel to creat ebetter flow over there
also you might want to let the exhaust blow backwards instead of upwards, most teams have changed it to that way as it is more aero efficient and the exhaust gets more freedom to flow.
Wasn't the twin-keel and then the zero-keel introduced to make the central part of the front wing, which was particularly important until 2009, work better as the single keel disrupted the airflow from the central section. Now that the central section is no longer generating any downforce, nor directing the airflow upwards, a single keel's disadvantages shouldnt be so pronounced