Silly season 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
paused

Re: Silly season 2010

ESPImperium wrote:Righty My go:

Brawn GP-Mercedes
Jenson Button
Rubens Barrichello

Red Bull-Renault
Sebastian Vettel
Sebastian Buemi

Toyota
Jarno Trulli
Timo Glock

McLaren-Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton
Adrian Sutil

Renault
Fernando Alonso
Heikki Kovalainen

BMW Sauber
Robert Kubica
Nick Heidfeld

Ferarri
Felipe Massa
Kimi Raikkonenn

Williams-Cosworth
Nico Rossberg
Nico Hulkenberg

STR-Ferarri
Nelshino Piquet
Filipe Albuquerque

Force India-Mercedes
Paul Di Resta
Vince-Antonio Lizuzzi

USGPE-Cosworth
Danica Patrick
Jonathan Summerton

iSport-Cosworth
Bruno Senna
Roman Grosjean

LOLA-Cosworth
Lucas Di Grasi
Roldán Rodríguez

Litespeed-Cosworth
Giedo van der Garde
Kamui Kobayashi

Prodrive-Cosworth - Could be corprately renamed Aston Martin
Gary Paffett
Antony Davidson

Confrimed
Assumed or posible
Not arguing another man's opinion but I find the thought that Renault would re-sign Heikki and leave Webber in early retirement completely implausible.

Washngo
Washngo

Ted68 wrote:Not going to get into the rest, but USGPE would be better off with Marco Andretti and Scott Speed. Bourdais was a 4-time champ here in essentially the same series Patrick is struggling in. And look how well he has done in F1. Speed is the only American with F1 experience. And being kicked from F1 to the feeder series for NASCAR has matured him quite a bit.
Hmm. I'm not sure about Bourdais. He's had his chance. He even said: 'judge me next year (2009) when we will drive on slicks, then i can show you what I can do'. Well, he's shown us, and to be frank, it ain't nothing to brag about. He's been beaten by Vettel and now Buemi as well. And of course Bourdais is French-Canuck: USGPE want to sign up Americans.

I'd be amazed if Windsor signed up Scott Speed. I bow to your knowledge of Speed's new found maturity, but previously in F1 he came across as a spoilt brat.

I'd go for Danica Patrick. Do I think she's 'F1' standard? Not really, but USGPE aren't likely to be either for a couple of years. However, she's real purrrty, huh-huh.

snowmansion
snowmansion

Bourdais have had his chance in the Champion Car, he performed quite well but in the F1 he just misses some attitude and skills to drive. I think he will quit next season. The same for nelson piquet Jr, just because he has a famous last name doesn't make him a f1 driver. I think he has made some stupid mistakes. I think he will be followed up by someone like B. Senna

Ted68

Washngo wrote:
Ted68 wrote:Not going to get into the rest, but USGPE would be better off with Marco Andretti and Scott Speed. Bourdais was a 4-time champ here in essentially the same series Patrick is struggling in. And look how well he has done in F1. Speed is the only American with F1 experience. And being kicked from F1 to the feeder series for NASCAR has matured him quite a bit.
Hmm. I'm not sure about Bourdais. He's had his chance. He even said: 'judge me next year (2009) when we will drive on slicks, then i can show you what I can do'. Well, he's shown us, and to be frank, it ain't nothing to brag about. He's been beaten by Vettel and now Buemi as well. And of course Bourdais is French-Canuck: USGPE want to sign up Americans.

I'd be amazed if Windsor signed up Scott Speed. I bow to your knowledge of Speed's new found maturity, but previously in F1 he came across as a spoilt brat.

I'd go for Danica Patrick. Do I think she's 'F1' standard? Not really, but USGPE aren't likely to be either for a couple of years. However, she's real purrrty, huh-huh.
I think you missed my point about Bourdais and Patrick. Bourdais hasn't done well at all in F1 despite being a champ here in America. And Miss Patrick isn't as good as he was. She may be a bit over-hyped.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

modbaraban
modbaraban

ESPImperium wrote:Vince-Antonio Lizuzzi
:mrgreen:
http://www.namethatdriver.com/vitantonio_liuzzi.asp

sticky667
sticky667

gcdugas wrote:All bets are off if the FOTA teams break away...

BMW Sauber: Robert Kubica & Nick Heidfeld

Retiring... Rubens, Fisi and maybe Nick. Out of F1... Bourdais
which nick? you have heidfeld listed for the bmw drive.

sticky667
sticky667

Here are my picks:

Teams in 2010:

Mclaren Mercedes
-Lewis Hamilton
-Gary Paffett

BrawnGP Mercedes?
-Jenson Button
-Paul Di Resta

Williams Cosworth
-Robert Kubica
-Nico Hulkenberg

BMW Sauber
-Nick Heidfeld
-Timo Glock

Force India Mercedes
-Vitantonio Liuzzi
-Heikki Kovalainen

USGPE Cosworth
-Marco Andretti
-???

LOLA Cosworth
-???
-???

Prodrive Cosworth
-Anthony Davidson
-???

iSport Cosworth
-???
-???

Litespeed Cosworth
-???
-???

Ferrari
-Fernando Alonso
-Felipe Massa

Renault (with the loss of ING and Renault could they be bought out? possible new team with no TV money for Flavio!)
-Lucas di Grassi
-Roman Grosjean

Red Bull Mercedes
-Sebastian Vettel
-Mark Webber

Toro Rosso Ferrari
-Sebastian Buemi
-Brandon Hartley

Toyota
-Kazuki Nakajima
-Takuma Sato

i think fisi, barrichello will retire.

pink slipped: sutil, piquet, bourdais

sutil just doesn't do it for me. he's like another piquet.

i'm not too sure of the massa/alonso matchup. i think it will be a similar mclaren 2007 story all over again. Alonso wants to be #1 and will be directly fighting with Massa who also feels he deserves #1 status now. could be interesting.

Washngo
Washngo

Ted68 wrote:I think you missed my point about Bourdais and Patrick. Bourdais hasn't done well at all in F1 despite being a champ here in America. And Miss Patrick isn't as good as he was. She may be a bit over-hyped.
In what way? Looks or driving ability?

Driving: I think most people would say she is average at very best.

Henning
Henning

Sticky667, what do you see happening to Nico Rosberg? He's not in your Williams line-up, but you don't mention him as retiring.

sticky667
sticky667

Henning wrote:Sticky667, what do you see happening to Nico Rosberg? He's not in your Williams line-up, but you don't mention him as retiring.
you're right. i don't have him listed and failed to realize that. but i don't see him matching up with anyone currently on the grid. he's good, but i don't think he's shown he's great yet. possibly a drive with one of the newer entries. i think most teams still want the # 1 and # 2 driver lineup. history has shown it's far too difficult to have two great drivers. as much as the fans like it, it's always an internal struggle for the teams that more often than not ends in disaster.

also, with the new USGPE entry, i feel more teams will go back to their home country-men to boost their profile similar to the US based team. hence my all german, all japanese, all british teammates.

alelanza
alelanza

axle wrote:Santander are going to Ferrari. So will Alonso.

Nico will move to McLaren and be replaced at Williams with Nico Hulkenburg.
Not too sure about that one

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75427
Head added that Hulkenberg was generally performing well in testing, but had blotted his copybook with some errors when entrusted with new car shakedowns.

"I think he had the wrath of Sam Michael's tongue a couple of times," Head admitted. "Both last year and this year he's driven our new car first on the first day, and in both cases I think after a very short amount of running he ended up in the gravel trap when all one is actually trying to do is sort out systems, gather data and things like that.

"So that hasn't been particularly clever. Equally, recently when he's run that hasn't been the case."
It amazes me that he would talk like that in public about his driver...
Alejandro L.

Washngo
Washngo

alelanza wrote:It amazes me that he would talk like that in public about his driver...
Not really. If there's one golden rule even more important than not crashing into your team mate, it's not to crash a new car during its first test runs. Speed is not of consequence, just system checks. Hell, even crashing a car during any testing, especially when you are the test driver, is hard to defend - but to do it during it's installation runs is just moronic.

What Head is saying here is no secret, it's just painfully obvious. All the teams know it, and it is one of the reasons why Hulkenbuerg, though impressive in lower formulae, is not any any F1 team's shopping lists at present. This and his test times have rarely troubled the race drivers.

He still has good potential - the fact he hasn't been fired yet is testimony to that. But if he commits stupid mistakes like this in testing, it's no wonder Head is apprehensive about giving him a race seat.

gibells
gibells

You can always trust Patrick Head to tell it like it is!

gridwalker
gridwalker

I predict that US-F1 (USGPE) will hire this guy as driver coach :
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/n ... ls_winning
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Right, im gonna make another attempt for the silly season now we have the entry list, only tomorrow will throw a spanner in the works if the FIA & FOTA dont come to an aggreement.

Brawn-TBA: Button/Davidson
Red Rull-TBA: Vettel/Webber
Toyota: Trulli/Glock
Ferrari: Massa/Kimmi
McLaren-Mercedes: Hamilton/Hekki
Williams-Toyota: Hulkenberg/Heidfeld
Renault: Alonso/Grosjean
BMW Sauber: Kubica/Rosberg
STR-TBA: Buemi/Piquet
Force India-Mercedes: Liuzzi/Sutil
Campos-Cosworth: Di Grasi/Gachnang
Manor-Cosworth: Nakajimma/Da Resta