Silly season 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom Castellani

Re: Silly season 2010

BrawnGP:
Button / Adam Carroll

Red Bull:
Vettel / Webber

Toyota:
Trulli / Glock

Ferrari:
Massa / Raikkonen

McLaren:
Hamilton / Rosberg

Williams:
Nico Hulkenberg / Nakajima

Renault:
Alonso / Lucas Di Grassi

BMW Sauber:
Kubica / Heidfeld

Toro Rosso:
Buemi / Brendon Hartley

Force India-Mercedes:
Neel Jani / Sutil

Campos:
Vitaly Petrov / Romain Grosjean

Manor:
Bourdais / Paul Di Resta

USF1:
Dan Wheldon / Bruno Senna

I've taken a few silly stabs where I couldn't come up with anything
The road to success is 20,832 meters long...

andartop
andartop

I vote 2010 for the "Silliest Silly Season in F1 Ever" competition. It's usually just a bunch of drivers we don't know which teams they'll be racing for, but this year we don't even know which teams will be racing, on which tracks, under which rules or for which championship!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

xpensive
xpensive

Redhot news!

The rumours were true, Alan Jones is buying the Williams team in order to save it and create his AAR, All Australian Racers!

The logic being that as an FIA team the company is practically worthless, but FOTA will consider AAR a new team, making the FIA/FOM contract void. A masterstroke if you ask me.

Another story says the cars will be branded "Holden", as a part of a bigger arrangement with General Motors, Opel and the German and Australian governments, but that has not yet been confirmed.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bjpower
bjpower

xpensive wrote:Redhot news!

The rumours were true, Alan Jones is buying the Williams team in order to save it and create his AAR, All Australian Racers!

The logic being that as an FIA team the company is practically worthless, but FOTA will consider AAR a new team, making the FIA/FOM contract void. A masterstroke if you ask me.

Another story says the cars will be branded "Holden", as a part of a bigger arrangement with General Motors, Opel and the German and Australian governments, but that has not yet been confirmed.
is this a piss take?

xpensive
xpensive

There could be a problem with the drivers however, German prime-minister Angela Merkel demands an all German driver-line-up for her Opel support, while Alan claims that Nico Rosberg is ethnically Finnish, why he has to go.

Perhaps a compromise with Hulkenberg and one of the Brabham's, if they haven't already passed their best-before-date?

outer_bongolia

xpensive wrote:There could be a problem with the drivers however, German prime-minister Angela Merkel demands an all German driver-line-up for her Opel support, while Alan claims that Nico Rosberg is ethnically Finnish, why he has to go.
I heard Gordon Brown wanted Vauxhall branding and Nigel Mansell..
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

xpensive
xpensive

Sponsorhip is a no-brainer though, when Fosters has always beheld Alan Jones as one of their most loyal and faithful customers.

Gordon Brown is no fool, imagine if they could put Alan himself on a speed-diet and do the driving himself together with Nigel? A driver pairing made in heaven!

WhiteBlue

bjpower wrote:
xpensive wrote:Redhot news!

is this a piss take?
LOL, invoking Angie Merkel and racing is like suggesting the UK and Switzerland will adopt the € retrospectively for 2002. All taxes and commercial transactions will have to be converted and books corrected.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive
xpensive

Things are happening at a ferocious pace at the moment. Now that Koeniggsegg has bought Saab, FOTA is recognizing them as a manufacturer, why they plan to join the new GPWC in 2011 as "Saab by Koenigsegg".

When Saab has made "bio-fuel" as one of their trade-marks, one might suspect that FOTA is planning for a 100% "green" racing series for that year. Perhaps we will see the 2.65 liter methanol-burners back? Remember that Mercedes, Toyota, Honda and Cosworth, all had that technology. Come to think about it, so did Ferrari, but was never raced.

Or turbo-diesels on olive-oil, with support from the EU as part of the agricultural subsidies programme?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Update Post BMW Pullout:

Brawn: Button/???
Red Bull: Webber/Vettel (CONFIRMED)
Toyota: Glock/???
Williams: Heidfeld/Hulkenberg
McLaren: Hamilton/Rossberg
Ferrari: Raikkonen/Alonso (I dont think Massa will make it for the 2010 season)
Renault: Kovalinen/Kubica
STR: Buemi/Alguersuari
Force India: Sutil/Liuzzi
Manor: ???/???
Campos: de la Rosa/di Grasi
USF1: ???/???

Ted68

Brawn: Button-Heidfeld
Ferrari: Alonso-Kubica (I think Massa is unfortunately retired)
McLaren: Hamilton-Rosberg
Renault: Kovaleinen-Klein
Red Bull: Webber-Vettel
STR: Buemi-Alguersuari
Toyota: Glock-Kobayashi
FIF1: Sutil-Liuzzi
Williams: Senna-Hulkenberg
Manor: Fisichella-Barrichello
Campos: DeLaRosa-DiGrassi
USF1: Andretti-Speed (Patrick as third driver)
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

djos

Ted68 wrote:Brawn: Button-Heidfeld
Ferrari: Alonso-Kubica (I think Massa is unfortunately retired)
McLaren: Hamilton-Rosberg
Renault: Kovaleinen-Klein
Red Bull: Webber-Vettel
STR: Buemi-Alguersuari
Toyota: Glock-Kobayashi
FIF1: Sutil-Liuzzi
Williams: Senna-Hulkenberg
Manor: Fisichella-Barrichello
Campos: DeLaRosa-DiGrassi
USF1: Andretti-Speed (Patrick as third driver)
no sane person would hire Heidfeld after his last 2 season of abject mediocrity!
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

Heidfeld has beaten Kubica to the finish line in 7 of the 10 races, he should not be on the "worst" list and if he is Kubica should be on there ahead of him.

And the qualifying is 5 all.

Heidfeld is ahead on points and has the team's only podium

and has costs the team less money in engine repairs :wink:

djos

Last year tho he was awful - I must confess to not paying him any attention at all this year.
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

And in 2007 HEidfeld had 61 points to Kubica's 39... to me big nose bob is easily the most overrated driver on the grid. And he definatly did not deserve to take JV's seat.