British GP 2009 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: British GP 2009

WhiteBlue wrote:
Giblet wrote:
jamsbong wrote:Webber mouth is always disgusting and full of Sh**. Problem with him is that he does not realise how bad he is in terms of what it comes out of his mouth. He should have been on pole as his car is lighter and because he is not. He decides to blame on others.

I find he is just jealous of talents like Kimi and Schumacher. I think this is just his hate manifesting to the words he said.
'Struth.

On par with every Australian I've known. Problem is, if you see it that way, is he doesn't care what comes out of his mouth, and I wish more drivers said what was on their mind instead of "I am a robot - beep".
They are not subtle, I give you that. I just thought that you can tell the truth with a bit of politeness and humor. I know its bloody hard - being German myself - but this is a discipline the Brits usually do a better job. I wonder how Jenson or Brundle would have worded it instead. Some of the most impressive insults I have come across were phrased as compliments by English and Scots.
Meh, subtlety in sport is boring, us Aussies like our sport stars to have personality, to call a spade a spade, work insanely hard no matter what and to look after the fans!

Webber ticks every one of those boxes vs. Kimi who deliberately acts like a damn robot ... where is the fun in that?
"In downforce we trust"

StrFerrari4Ever

Haha some great banter going on the race is going to be unbelievable today if many teams opt to start on the hard tyre which is taking sometimes 4laps to get up to temperature we might see some squabbles.I'd expect Brawn to start on the soft's to compensate for their cars disadvantage of not being able to produce sufficient temperature but if they start on hard tyre it might go very pear shaped leaving the Red Bull's to streak off in the distance :D

jamsbong
jamsbong

djos wrote: Meh, subtlety in sport is boring, us Aussies like our sport stars to have personality, to call a spade a spade, work insanely hard no matter what and to look after the fans!

Webber ticks every one of those boxes vs. Kimi who deliberately acts like a damn robot ... where is the fun in that?
Just because Kimi talks in monotone does not mean he is a mindless talking robot. IMO, Kimi has a better personality than anyone one track. Kimi is a man who would tell his manager to f*** off so that he can his own thing. He is a man who go to have a nap when everyone else is working hard. He puts things in perspective with DC criticise him. In the end, he just do the talking in the race track by driving really fast

I know, Kimi is not exactly fast with that slow Ferrari now, but we all know how fast he can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbI93pXXGvk

djos

jamsbong wrote:
djos wrote: Meh, subtlety in sport is boring, us Aussies like our sport stars to have personality, to call a spade a spade, work insanely hard no matter what and to look after the fans!

Just because Kimi talks in monotone does not mean he is a mindless talking robot. IMO, Kimi has a better personality than anyone one track. Kimi is a man who would tell his manager to f*** off so that he can his own thing. He is a man who go to have a nap when everyone else is working hard. He puts things in perspective with DC criticise him. In the end, he just do the talking in the race track by driving really fast

I know, Kimi is not exactly fast with that slow Ferrari now, but we all know how fast he can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbI93pXXGvk
Jams, put your bong down and try reading what I wrote! I never said he was a robot or mindless!!! Read the bold bit again!!! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

mike
mike

its all down to personality~!!
when Webber gets block he talks about it to the press, or speak his mind and whats why people like Mark so much, because he IS very honest.
Kimi however likes to express himself on the track like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxAtRyz ... annel_page[/youtube]

jamsbong
jamsbong

mike wrote:its all down to personality~!!
when Webber gets block he talks about it to the press, or speak his mind and whats why people like Mark so much, because he IS very honest.
Kimi however likes to express himself on the track like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxAtRyz ... annel_page[/youtube]
I don't think people like Webber, I don't like him either. He talks too much useless rubbish. Expressing yourself is fine, but he is not doing that. He is asking people to hate him. I reckon there are other drivers with better skills, personality and commitment than him.

Just watch the race. Webber has brought much amusing drama in the past, lets see what he does this time. :D

bjpower
bjpower

bring back SATO
no there's a driver you could watch all day.
if he managed to stay in one peace all day that is.
i used love his massive out braking moves - they rarely worked and if they did he had to go back to the pit for a new nose.
he really was a mad man.

roost89
roost89

Putting this topic back on topic. Looks like a good race today will be had. Hoping for a fight between Brawn and Vettel, two on two. So we can have a proper duel between them, more so than in previous races.

Well that's what I hope.

My hoped top 3:
1: Vet
2: Butt
3: Web
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

bjpower
bjpower

to be honest i hope button gets a DNF
nothing against the man i just like to see a hard fought championship.
even with chello,webber and vettel taking the podium he will still be 20 odd points in the lead and even that will be hard to catch him on.

there is already teams talking about working on next years car and writing off the season.

Michiba
Michiba

what are the chances that Vettel lets Weber pass at the end if they are 1-2 respectively? I reckon Vettel owes Mark one for crashing into him last year, not that mark would ask for it

Giblet
Giblet

Absolutely Zero.

People make mistakes in racing, and there is not a running tally that needs to be balanced.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote:Absolutely Zero.
True!

Seb has no reason to hand out presents.

Well done Seb!!! Congratualations for winning Silverstone for the first time.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet
Giblet

I feel bad for Bourdais, maybe a slightly optimistic move, but when he started it Kovi had not started cutting back across yet.

Racing incident, and I doubt the stewards will intervene, as they were both out anyways, and way out of the points.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Saribro
Saribro

Can someone please shoot Trulli in the face? Even Fisichella had to suffer the train today :/.

Giblet
Giblet

Saribro wrote:Can someone please shoot Trulli in the face? Even Fisichella had to suffer the train today :/.

Harsh.

It's a testament to Trulli's driving ability that nobody gets past him. It's also unfortunately a testament to the inherent nature of the cars when following closely.