British GP 2009 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Re: British GP 2009

Its not a bad assumption, since the car like that would be good at those last 2 % of the aerodynamic performance, and I'd think the envelope gets progressively smaller as you get closer to a optimized design...

jamsbong
jamsbong

djos wrote:Dont worry, Jams has just been smoking his bong too much and is now off flying with the purple dragons! :lol:
djos, I think you have nothing better to say so you decided to just hit back at me with rubbish. Not so much different from Webber's tactics.

Anyway, seems like Webber is full of bad luck all his career. He has better chance now than ever and all he gets is beaten by a 22yr old kid. :lol:
Using rage and hate to do things, you'll end up with "bad luck" which fuels the rage/hate. Is a viscous circle.

ISLAMATRON

Webber has been fast all year, and has made less mistakes than Vettle, KIMI was clearly on the racing line in front of Webber in qualifying... all of those are facts.

djos

jamsbong wrote:
djos wrote:Dont worry, Jams has just been smoking his bong too much and is now off flying with the purple dragons! :lol:
djos, I think you have nothing better to say so you decided to just hit back at me with rubbish. Not so much different from Webber's tactics.

--snip--
Using rage and hate to do things, you'll end up with "bad luck" which fuels the rage/hate. Is a viscous circle.
You keep telling yourself that jams as you are the only one who believes it! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

jamsbong
jamsbong

ISLAMATRON wrote:Webber has been fast all year, and has made less mistakes than Vettle, KIMI was clearly on the racing line in front of Webber in qualifying... all of those are facts.
Who's got more points again?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

modbaraban wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:WTF is up with motorsport.com, or is it just the computers I've been on (IE)? Anyone having any issues when viewing their images?
It looks like they have problems. No images for me either (opera)
They're back to normal thank God.

Webber is still complaining about the quali incident, read the RBR race article on the frong page...

Scotracer, how was your weekend? Share the experience with us you lucky b*stard :mrgreen: . I hope you have pictures of the huge F1Technical banner that you took with you, becuase you did take it right... :? ?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

jamsbong wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Webber has been fast all year, and has made less mistakes than Vettle, KIMI was clearly on the racing line in front of Webber in qualifying... all of those are facts.
Who's got more points again?
Webber has 3 and a half times more points than KImI, so he must be 3 and a half times better huh.

Button, Rubans, Trulli, Massa, Rosberg, Glock and Alonso have more points than KIMI too, so they must all be better than him too.

Everybody except the 2 Force India drivers and the 2 Super Aguri drivers had more points than Button last year so he must surely be ---.

So what was the point of your question? or was it just a stupid one?

jamsbong
jamsbong

ISLAMATRON wrote: So what was the point of your question? or was it just a stupid one?
Did i got on your nerve? So Button must be heaps better than everyone else huh? You sound more and more insane and start calling names.... is laughable really

ISLAMATRON

jamsbong wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote: So what was the point of your question? or was it just a stupid one?
Did i got on your nerve? So Button must be heaps better than everyone else huh? You sound more and more insane and start calling names.... is laughable really

You asked a stupid question, so I gave you some answers that I thought would help you realize how stupid a question it was.

Points are arbitrary, quoting(or asking about) a points tally without context is asinine.

bgroovers
bgroovers

Can anyone suggest why the Brawns elected to run a long middle stint on the harder tire. This seemed bizare to me as it was the brawns struggling with lack of temp so surely short stint on hard tire at the end of the race a no brainer...
Rubens could have stayed ahead of webber at first stop with less fuel too.
This exact strategy ruined toyaotas race earlier this season!
Vettel drove an awesome opening stint but was flattered by Brawns lack of pace due to not getting tired up to temp. However Vettel only seems to win from pole and has still failed to show himself as a fighter/overtaker. Even Jenson who i never thought of as an overtaker has pulled some great moves this year but none from Seb...
Massa was the star of the race for me with Hamilton once again the main source of entertainment with fantastic moves and mistakes!
Kovi to blame for bourdais shunt. Rosberg to McL in 2010!

donskar
donskar

Great work by Newey and company. Newey and Vettel are a scary combination if they stay together. The next Brawn-Schumacher?

Good racing mid-field, none at the front.

Can't wait for Kimi to go off to his well-deserved retirement (assuming Alonso replaces him!)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

donskar wrote:Great work by Newey and company. Newey and Vettel are a scary combination if they stay together. The next Brawn-Schumacher?

Good racing mid-field, none at the front.

Can't wait for Kimi to go off to his well-deserved retirement (assuming Alonso replaces him!)
That should be (Rory) Byrne - Schumacher

enkidu
enkidu

bgroovers wrote:Can anyone suggest why the Brawns elected to run a long middle stint on the harder tire. This seemed bizare to me as it was the brawns struggling with lack of temp so surely short stint on hard tire at the end of the race a no brainer...
Rubens could have stayed ahead of webber at first stop with less fuel too.
This exact strategy ruined toyaotas race earlier this season!
Vettel drove an awesome opening stint but was flattered by Brawns lack of pace due to not getting tired up to temp. However Vettel only seems to win from pole and has still failed to show himself as a fighter/overtaker. Even Jenson who i never thought of as an overtaker has pulled some great moves this year but none from Seb...
Massa was the star of the race for me with Hamilton once again the main source of entertainment with fantastic moves and mistakes!
Kovi to blame for bourdais shunt. Rosberg to McL in 2010!

Brawn said that the soft tyres grained in the first stint, they didnt think they would last for the long middle stint so went for hards. But a bad mistake as the car didnt use them well in the cold.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Paul wrote:
Giblet wrote:Looks like that Brawn is starting to get a reputation for being unable to perform as well in the cooler conditions, but excelling in the hot.

Good thing for them summer is here.
It's pretty obvious that their chassis is "kind" to tyres. They struggle to get heat in them, which you can often see in qualies, but their long stints are great when the track isn't too cold.
Very reminiscent of the 2005 McLaren....

Conceptual
Conceptual

There is also the fact that Vettel has 3 race wins in his short career, to Webber's ZERO. And Vettel's first one came in a Torro Rosso!

I like Mark, but I hate the apologists that make his lackluster career other peoples' fault...