British GP 2009 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: British GP 2009

purging the air and filling with mystery gas

tadzio89
tadzio89

ISLAMATRON wrote:purging the air and filling with mystery gas
why purging?

mystery? it can be CO2/nitrogen/air only.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

wow, that sure is easier than have a dude doing it with a handheld filler....:D

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Just to add some fuel to the rumor mill....

Along with ex-McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan entering Ferrari's motorhomes...

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Brawn have a new turning vayne on the bardge board. Its the little black part under the Logo and Menna of Menna Casting, who are also a new sponsor as well:

Front wing, looks diffrent to Istanbul, but in a simpiler way. Nosecone looks more streamlined than before, slightly more rounded posibly to aid overall aero efficency.

BMW New front wing (4th or 5th revision i think) and new bardge boards under nosecone:

BMW DDD:

New sidepod turning vayne, the horozontal one is the new one???:

Ferarri using the front wing end plate from Monaco:

ISLAMATRON

tadzio89 wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:purging the air and filling with mystery gas
why purging?

mystery? it can be CO2/nitrogen/air only.
purging the wet air and filling with dry air or N2, or CO2, those boxes say williams on them, and not bridgestone, so I guess Williams like their tire air more than the air BS uses to mount them.

Giblet
Giblet

So do they put the tires on a different rig to get the pressures exactly right, after this one? I assume BS puts all the tires to the same pressure, and the teams need to adjust them to their preference.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

hulmerist

why is no one talking about how fast those red bulls are!! force india too look great, 1/2 tenth they've found apparently, impressive work

red bull nose is quite ugly though, like the bmw one but it works

timbo
timbo

hulmerist wrote:why is no one talking about how fast those red bulls are!! force india too look great, 1/2 tenth they've found apparently, impressive work

red bull nose is quite ugly though, like the bmw one but it works
Well, redbull's speed is discussed in a car thread.

natef1
natef1

Sutil's parking :lol: :lol:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

gcdugas wrote:What a great place to announce that FOTA are going to start a rival with a race at Silverstone in 2010. The fans would love it. Everyone wants to see Max and Bernie get stuffed. I suspect this is why the teams were so agreeable to extending things until the 19th.

Viva FOTA! =D> =D> =D>
Bang on, the timing is perfect.
I just hope the racing is not forgotten this weekend. I like Silverstone a lot, especially how the cars rocket through Maggotts, Becketts, and Chapel.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

yea, yea, yea, I know that practice times should be taken with a grain of salt. I am sure the Brawns are running their regular schedule, and not making any special effort to post quick times. But regardless if Red Bulls are following the same schedule or not, they are are scary quick after FP2.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

WhiteBlue

Red Bull are doing a lot of development work compared to Toro Rosso. They are serious about their 2009 challenge. I hope they will get good enough to end this Brawn whitewash.

McLaren were doing aero work with liquid paint today. Another problem with wind tunnel calibration?

Kimi went off twice and Ferrari did not look like a contender this weekend. Kubica seems to have lost another engine (#5?). He is having a torrid season for sure. Game over for him. He can go for some high risk strategies like most drivers if his car ever takes him closer to the pointy end of the field.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PlatinumZealot

They said that BMW engine was at the end of it's cycle..so I wonder if they are juggling engines to practice with?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

WTF is up with motorsport.com, or is it just the computers I've been on (IE)? Anyone having any issues when viewing their images?

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.