Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ds.raikkonen

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

I think Rubinho is more determined than JB to win at Interlagos, he has been eluded from that Brazilian GP victory since his Ferrari days, Im expecting a surprise win from him, even though the RBRs are on top form.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

ds.raikkonen wrote:I think Rubinho is more determined than JB to win at Interlagos, he has been eluded from that Brazilian GP victory since his Ferrari days, Im expecting a surprise win from him, even though the RBRs are on top form.
If the brawns are on form here, i expect that JB will let Rubens win as if he finishes second, the champoinship is still his by 2 points. That way its Win Win for JB and Brawn and Rubens to a point.

If Rubens wins at Interlagos and dosnt take the WDC, im expecting him to retire. I know he has been alined with the swap for Rosberg next year, but i can see him retire at the top at the track that means as much as Silverstone to us Brits or as much as Hockenhiem to the German drivers to him.

Im kind of half expecting that Vettel will have another engine blow out next weekend as well and Interlagos has the soul of many engines as trophy ghosts that haunt that track from they years of going there. Vettel will use the same block he used at Monza and Europe, that is true as he has 4 blocks left, 2 compromised blocks that are only for Fridays, and 2 blocks that are getting used like this:

Block #7: Spa, Singapore, Yas Island (Up to 1447.9km on it already)
Block #8: Monza, Interlagos (Up to 1333.8Km on it already)
Block 1 & 3 have roughly 2000km (+/- 300km) on them for a ball park figure.

If i have a look at the data from 08, Vettel put over 800Km on his engine and Mark Webber pua attound 735Km on his last year, meaning that block #8 will be wasted by end of Interlagos. Alonso and Piquet put an average of 760km on their RS27 engines last year as well for futher back up to engine #8 being wasted at the end of Interlagos.

Mr Alcatraz

ESPImperium wrote:

Im kind of half expecting that Vettel will have another engine blow out next weekend as well and Interlagos has the soul of many engines as trophy ghosts that haunt that track from they years of going there. Vettel will use the same block he used at Monza and Europe, that is true as he has 4 blocks left, 2 compromised blocks that are only for Fridays, and 2 blocks that are getting used like this:

If i have a look at the data from 08, Vettel put over 800Km on his engine and Mark Webber pua attound 735Km on his last year, meaning that block #8 will be wasted by end of Interlagos. Alonso and Piquet put an average of 760km on their RS27 engines last year as well for futher back up to engine #8 being wasted at the end of Interlagos.
Thanks for that info!
Still too early for a definative forcast (if there is such a thing)
However long range forcast is for cool weather and rain Sat, and Sun.
If this is true it lessens his chances of a detonation to sone degree. IMVHO
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... d/BRXX0232
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Just about to complete the data for 2007. So ill be able to give more data for Vettel later on tonight sometime. Ive only got to input 1 more race (Interlagos belive it or not) and ill have 2007 to add to my 2008 data and 2009 data charts.

Richard
Richard

jdavidx wrote:
timbo wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote: Talk about a WC not getting a drive for next year! :shock: that ll be a first time ever, wont it?
Nope.
Remember Williams number 0 in 1993?
More recently, Damon Hill was champion in 96 with Williams Renault. Was dropped for the 97 by Williams in favor of Heinz-Harald Frentzen. He then moved to Arrows Yamaha for the 97 season. I think he brought the number "1" with him to Arrows. Finished 2nd in Hungary with Arrows. Then won the famous Spa race in 98 in a Jordan Mugen Honda.
To expand on Timbo's comment, Nigel Mansell was the (only?) WDC to leave F1 at the end of the WDC season. His car was given the zero number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Formu ... Pre-season

I done a quick check of the WDC listed on wiki but can't see any other WDC not getting a drive the following season.

xpensive
xpensive

You can try Alain Prost the following year Richard, in 1993? WDC but no drive for 1994.

In them days, Sir Frank didn't have to ask anyone to drive for his team, Prost was replaced by Senna.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

timbo
timbo

xpensive wrote:You can try Alain Prost the following year Richard, in 1993? WDC but no drive for 1994.

In them days, Sir Frank didn't have to ask anyone to drive for his team, Prost was replaced by Senna.
AFAIK Prost wasn't willing to race after he got 1993 title, it was a bit different to Mansell.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
xpensive wrote:You can try Alain Prost the following year Richard, in 1993? WDC but no drive for 1994.

AFAIK Prost wasn't willing to race after he got 1993 title, it was a bit different to Mansell.
He wanted to race, just not against Senna in the same team, so he retired rather than face further embarrassment.

And if I remember correctly, Prost had it put in his 1993(which he signed at the start of 1992) contract that he would be the undisputed number 1 and that is why Mansell decided to leave the team.

ISLAMATRON

Glock not cleared to race in Brazil

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/10/c ... brazil-gp/

If I were Frank Williams I'd ship Kazoo over to the Toyota Garage immediately and tell Hulkenburg to grab his helmet, but Toyota has stated Kobayashi as his replacement.

pp5585
pp5585

Tazio wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:

Thanks for that info!
Still too early for a definative forcast (if there is such a thing)
However long range forcast is for cool weather and rain Sat, and Sun.
If this is true it lessens his chances of a detonation to sone degree. IMVHO
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... d/BRXX0232

I Also type Kubica BMW and Vettel Redbull for engine failure as they are on the edge. This is probably what JB needs to win his WDC.

ringo

I realized the high altitude will give the KERS a more pronounced advantage.
There is an 8% drop in engine power for all engines. However the KERS, being electrical,is unaffected so it will still have its 80hp regardless.
Just a little math; .92 of 750hp is 690hp, with KERS 80hp is 770hp an 11.59% power increase advantage.
Normally KERS would be a 10.67% power increase advantage if it is assumed the engines are about 750hp normally.
So you can see what i am getting at here, Brazil is kers heaven.
For Sure!!

raceman

I suppose only Ferrari and McLaren are two confirmed teams to use KERS up until now for Brazilian GP; no other team has yet confirmed.

off thought - Williams should at least track/race-test their flywheel-based KERS to get an idea on how it will actually work as they intend to use it for next year; it will be an important data for them. if it clicks, wow 8)

axle
axle

raceman wrote:I suppose only Ferrari and McLaren are two confirmed teams to use KERS up until now for Brazilian GP; no other team has yet confirmed.

off thought - Williams should at least track/race-test their flywheel-based KERS to get an idea on how it will actually work as they intend to use it for next year; it will be an important data for them. if it clicks, wow 8)
They have agreed to not use it now so it's pointless...I expect there is a behind closed doors deal in place to sweeten the pill of wasted R&D money.
- Axle

djos

axle wrote:
raceman wrote:I suppose only Ferrari and McLaren are two confirmed teams to use KERS up until now for Brazilian GP; no other team has yet confirmed.

They have agreed to not use it now so it's pointless...I expect there is a behind closed doors deal in place to sweeten the pill of wasted R&D money.
I believe they agreed to sit on it till 2013 and have it as part of the new engine formula.
"In downforce we trust"

Richard
Richard

ISLAMATRON wrote:
timbo wrote:

He wanted to race, just not against Senna in the same team, so he retired rather than face further embarrassment.

And if I remember correctly, Prost had it put in his 1993(which he signed at the start of 1992) contract that he would be the undisputed number 1 and that is why Mansell decided to leave the team.

doh! How did I miss Prost?

One could say Prost retired when at the top as reigning WDC. Whereas Mansell wanted to carry on racing but couldn't, so went to CART.

In those days WDC at Williams was a sure fire way to get ditched (Prost, Mansell, Hill).

I've dug through the wiki pages again and found that Mike Hawthorn had announced his retirement when he won the WDC in 1958. Unfortunately Hawthorn was killed in a road accident in Jan 59

You could also add Jochen Rindt. He died at the Italian GP of 1970, but had enough points to win the WDC posthumously.

Anyway, to answer the question set - Four WDC's have not raced in F1 the following season, Hawthorn, Prost, Mansell & Rindt. Two of them could be argued to have been pushed out by team politics (Mansell and Prost)