The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
timbo
timbo

Re: Ferrari F14T

lkm9719 wrote:pls use push rod suspension for front to have better grip, since pull rod used , ferrari is not competitive at all, maclaren is the example which use pull rod. look at merc and redbulls or even lotus is up to speed .
So McLaren went from pull rod to push rod this year. Did it help them at all?

Glyn
Glyn

timbo wrote:
lkm9719 wrote:pls use push rod suspension for front to have better grip, since pull rod used , ferrari is not competitive at all, maclaren is the example which use pull rod. look at merc and redbulls or even lotus is up to speed .
Yes, they got a podium. Last year they didn't get a podium.

lkm9719
lkm9719

Glyn wrote:
timbo wrote:
agreed 2 podium :|

timbo
timbo

Glyn wrote:
timbo wrote:
Surely a power advantage of having by far the best engine on the grid didn't help them at all.

Richard
Richard

Re: The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

As far as I can tell McLaren were second out of three Mercedes powered teams in 2013 and this year they are fourth out of four. That's meant to be an improvement due to switching suspension configuration?

If we're into correlation proving causation then Williams' stunning improvement this season indicates the optimum change is to appoint a female deputy TP (ideally daughter of the TP), and Mercedes have shown the huge gain to be found in employing a female test driver? All other teams have gone backwards in comparison.

De Jokke

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

Kingshark wrote:
ringo wrote:I'll not get into the back and forth about whos faster, so last post on this. 2013 had much to do with hamilton's confidence with FRIC and the braking.
Rosberg's banker in Bahrain was 3 tenths faster, they both screwed up their final attempt.

Also Rosberg was using the exact same brakes as Hamilton in 2013. The excuses are getting ridiculous, when Lewis out-performs Nico it's because of his talent. When Nico out-performs Lewis it's always because of something external.
How long was Nico at Merc when Lewis entered: 4 years vs lewis first year, exactly... :roll:
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

smr
smr

De Jokke wrote:
Kingshark wrote:
ringo wrote:I'll not get into the back and forth about whos faster, so last post on this. 2013 had much to do with hamilton's confidence with FRIC and the braking.
Rosberg's banker in Bahrain was 3 tenths faster, they both screwed up their final attempt.

Also Rosberg was using the exact same brakes as Hamilton in 2013. The excuses are getting ridiculous, when Lewis out-performs Nico it's because of his talent. When Nico out-performs Lewis it's always because of something external.
How long was Nico at Merc when Lewis entered: 4 years vs lewis first year, exactly... :roll:
With that thinking you could say that the fact that Jenson Button beat Lewis COMPREHENSIVELY in his second year at Mclaren was utterly amazing then, considering Lewis had been in that car since 2007 and furthermore in Mclaren since the age of 11!!

Point is it's stupid to say that Lewis is at a disadvantage by being in Mercedes for less time than Nico ; the rules have changed so much this year that it's irrelevant anyway.

Kingshark
Kingshark

Is that really relevant? Senna was new in McLaren in 1988, beat Prost (who'd been with the team for 5 years) straight off the bat. Button was new with BAR in 2003, beat Villeneuve right from the get go. I'm sure there are other examples.

My point is (bottom line) that Rosberg can out-perform Hamilton my large margins on his best days, just like Hamilton can out-perform Rosberg convincingly on his best days.

One is not "clearly more talented" than the other. Someone even claimed that Rosberg can't find time against Hamilton on merit alone, which of course, is ridiculous.

De Jokke

With that thinking you could say that the fact that Jenson Button beat Lewis COMPREHENSIVELY in his second year at Mclaren was utterly amazing then, considering Lewis had been in that car since 2007 and furthermore in Mclaren since the age of 11!!

Point is it's stupid to say that Lewis is at a disadvantage by being in Mercedes for less time than Nico ; the rules have changed so much this year that it's irrelevant anyway.
Not the 2011 discussion again. hami 5 dnf's, jenson 2 + Hami unsettled with two good friends who died and still Jenson only could just "beat" (if you want to call it that) him, I rest my case :roll:
Last edited by De Jokke on 08 Jun 2014, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

De Jokke

Kingshark wrote:Is that really relevant? Senna was new in McLaren in 1988, beat Prost (who'd been with the team for 5 years) straight off the bat. Button was new with BAR in 2003, beat Villeneuve right from the get go. I'm sure there are other examples.

My point is (bottom line) that Rosberg can out-perform Hamilton my large margins on his best days, just like Hamilton can out-perform Rosberg convincingly on his best days.

One is not "clearly more talented" than the other. Someone even claimed that Rosberg can't find time against Hamilton on merit alone, which of course, is ridiculous.
I do recall that hami finished in front of Rosberg from the word go in 2013 + beat him in the end.

Rosberg did the better job yesterday (less mistakes) so kudos to him but he's definitively not faster than Lewis.

Holm86

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

No matter what they do with Magnussen, McLaren needs to get rid of Button. Button is not good enough for at top team. He also bad as a development driver.

My opinion is still that Whitmarsh fell to much in love with the PR value of having 2 british world champions in a british team. He got too patriotic and didnt hire Button for his driving abilities.

smr
smr

Holm86 wrote:No matter what they do with Magnussen, McLaren needs to get rid of Button. Button is not good enough for at top team. He also bad as a development driver.

My opinion is still that Whitmarsh fell to much in love with the PR value of having 2 british world champions in a british team. He got too patriotic and didnt hire Button for his driving abilities.
So let me get this straight, Whitmarsh poached on a guy who had literally just won the driver's championship a couple of months before but didn't hire him for his driving abilities.

And as many F1 experts state, give Button a good car and he will deliver, as he has proved in the past. Mclaren need to get their car sorted and focus on that before even considering their driver lineup.

Riiigght..... =D>

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Holm86 wrote:No matter what they do with Magnussen, McLaren needs to get rid of Button. Button is not good enough for at top team. He also bad as a development driver.

I'm sorry, but this is complete crap... Button always gets under rated, you don't go toe to toe with Lewis Hamilton and be a crap driver. Nor do you beat a highly rated Rubens whilst being a crap.

Button is good enough to be in a top team, and Red Bull had an interest in him in 2013. His problem is that he has very specific requirements for a car.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Nor do you beat a highly rated Rubens whilst being a crap
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 86/9db.gif
cheeky gif mate... :mrgreen: lol

If Rubens was really crap would he have lasted 18 years in F1? The F1 bosses obviously thought enough of him to keep him around that long - which to my knowledge was a record.

Jenson has done everything that every other top driver has done in the last few years, he beats, or comes close to matching his team mate. And when one of your team mates is Lewis Hamilton that is no mean feat. Yet even now he gets zero respect for it.

How is it that Rosberg is now being thought of as one of the best drivers, but when the same logic is applied to Jenson everyone acts like it is an inconvenient truth. If we are using Hamilton as a yard stick for a tier one driver, why does the comparison of Jenson and Lewis from their time at Mclaren not count but is valid in the case of Rosberg? How does that make sense?

SectorOne

JimClarkFan wrote:If Rubens was really crap would he have lasted 18 years in F1? The F1 bosses obviously thought enough of him to keep him around that long - which to my knowledge was a record.
Well i think mostly it was because he´s the perfect number 2. Not quick enough to challenge for titles but still is nearby when sh*t hits the fan for the main driver. Also his experience allowed him to stay quite long, (similar to Pedro)
JimClarkFan wrote:Jenson has done everything that every other top driver has done in the last few years, he beats, or comes close to matching his team mate. And when one of your team mates is Lewis Hamilton that is no mean feat. Yet even now he gets zero respect for it.
I agree. I´m with you here, i think Mclaren would be silly to get rid of Button. But only if Button stays ahead of Magnussen in the points otherwise his services will be too expensive for what you actually get.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"