Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
horse

Re: Lotus 2010 Car

Wow, that looks like a cardboard box compared to the Virgin car. Mike Gascoigne must be on drugs thinking they'll be near the front with that!

EDIT: Has the board font gone really weird is that just me?

EDIT2: Nice to see British racing green again. I hope they keep it.
Last edited by horse on 09 Feb 2010, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

axle
axle

Guys, most new teams had a hell of a head start on Lotus...if it's solid yet unspectacular then so be it. At least its there.
- Axle

Scotracer
Scotracer

Callum wrote:
dragonsteincole wrote:Apologies for that sensationalist Watermark, but seemed relevant to the topic of conversation.

The ride hight looks massive!
The Stowe circuit might be pretty bumpy...and given it's just a shakedown, there's no need to run it lower. The Force-India looked a similar height.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

nacho
nacho

Look much like the model, quite simple. But having accepted so late, they just had to come with a simple basic design to get it finished and build before the season starts.

I read and interview of Kovalainen where he told that the first car is done in real rush, and they will have the first big upgrade coming for Barcelona. His race engineer will be Timo Glock's ex from Toyota, seems like they've hired really a lot of the Toyota people.

Kind of a weird team really: funding and ownership from Malaysia, headquarters in UK, design team in Germany and aero work carried out in Italy.

RAF
RAF

What on earth is that huge dark grey rectangle at the bottom front of the rear wing? Just behind where the engine cover ends. :?:

axle
axle

The inside of the other endplate!
- Axle

RAF
RAF

axle wrote:The inside of the other endplate!
Isn't it too long? It looks like it stretches across from one endplate to the other...

Pandamasque

Looks like the 'spy' shot has been photoshopped in agreement with the team.

axle
axle

Fair play you may have a point, the bottom edge doesn't make much sense. Probably hiding the diffuser arrangement.
- Axle

RAF
RAF

So, is Gascoyne hiding a diffuser so big it stretches right up to the top rear wing element! :wink: :mrgreen: jk.

cookty
cookty

could it possibly be a small shark fin? thats just not been painted

RAF
RAF

Doesn't look photoshopped to me... although I'm no expert. Looks kinda like it goes horizontal across the front of the wing?

Roger the knife

horse wrote:Wow, that looks like a cardboard box compared to the Virgin car. Mike Gascoigne must be on drugs thinking they'll be near the front with that!

EDIT: Has the board font gone really weird is that just me?

EDIT2: Nice to see British racing green again. I hope they keep it.
At least they've got a REAL car and it's on the track, may not be the most advanced, but it does exist,

2 out of 4 ain't bad

rich1701
rich1701

I'm really surprised it looks the same as the windtunnel model released months ago, Gascoigne admitted he was working upstairs in his office at home alone on CFD. The lack of resources at the conception phase really shows now. They have work to do i think

outer_bongolia

I like how an aggressive undercut goes all the way to the back of the car. That is something new...
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan