Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
lotus7
lotus7

Re: Red Bull RB6

lotus7 wrote:
strad wrote:
Could be for a wheel speed sensor, or something along that line of gadgetry.
That's exactly what it is.
Still, how is the disk fitted ? No "normal" disk bell?
Got it now !
http://www.f1technical.net/articles/2

The disk bell pushes over the geared flange , the gear teeth "drive" the bell. The wheel, when fitted holds the bell/ disk in position , when the wheel is off , the caliper prevents the disk/bell from falling out

lotus7
lotus7

strad wrote:
Could be for a wheel speed sensor, or something along that line of gadgetry.
That's exactly what it is.
No , it is not for a speed sensor, it is purely to drive the disk

Here is something better
http://www.autoevolution.com/news-image ... 936-3.html

Maybe this is the so called torque drive that Horner was referring to in Vettel's brake disaster

univex
univex

From f1.com re the RB6
The team have also modified the car's diffuser and bodywork around the exhaust area.
Anyone got pictures?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Webber has had to change gearbox and is being demoted from 2nd to 7th.

Dont mean to add to the paranoia surrounding the team, but this could be viewed as Red Bull's internal way of "dealing" with webbo after Turkey. :lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

DM0407
DM0407

Vettel nearly gave his team a heart attack when he asked what the fastest lap was. After being frustrated all day with a crippled car he was going to try to set fastest.... Classic.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

DM0407 wrote:Vettel nearly gave his team a heart attack when he asked what the fastest lap was. After being frustrated all day with a crippled car he was going to try to set fastest.... Classic.
Yes, because it's all about VETTEL, not his team.

siskue2005

i think Vettel simply asked about the FL
and the team overreacted IMHO :lol:

Roger the knife

But why was he suddenly interested in fastest lap ?, surely not just a casual enquiry

PNSD
PNSD

Because its another stat.

However useless it may be its another goal for a driver to aim for in a hopeless race ;-)!

dedge
dedge

lotus7 wrote:
meves wrote:A good view of the red bull hub for canada

What is the purpose of the "missing tooth" gear on the wheel peg locating flange ?
The missing tooth is there to be sure the disc is mounted correctly. There is a specific rotation direction, with this "locating", the mecanics cannot make a mistake.

Roger the knife

I wonder if Vettel's gearbox problem in the Montreal race, is fixable with the ratio change for Valencia, or a little deeper, which may require a box change, and penalty?

Belatti
Belatti

Too much pull rod, f-duct, diffuser, exhaust...

but the only part of the RBR that I have not seen is the front suspension. Has anybody has pics of it?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

strad

Maybe this is the so called torque drive that Horner was referring to in Vettel's brake disaster
Right on both counts..I thought it was a sensor but it does appear to be the drive which is what broke before
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Belatti
Belatti

Searching for pics of the front susp I came across this
Diesel on page 8, february 10th wrote:... The wheel base on this car was already long, so the packing isn't that amazing - and I think the paint job is tricking you quite alot.
There's nothing amazing here really, minor tweaks here and there. Please stop with the WOWs, the Force India was more interesting than this.

The only think I'm interested in is that diffuser, let's see it!
:lol:
Diesel on page 15, february 11th wrote:Word is RB where to conservative in their design, they're a test behind everyone else with lots of speed to find. They'll be mid field this year.
:lol: :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

WhiteBlue

Belatti wrote:
Diesel on page 8, february 10th wrote:... The wheel base on this car was already long, so the packing isn't that amazing - and I think the paint job is tricking you quite alot.
There's nothing amazing here really, minor tweaks here and there. Please stop with the WOWs, the Force India was more interesting than this. The only think I'm interested in is that diffuser, let's see it!
:lol:
Diesel on page 15, february 11th wrote:Word is RB where to conservative in their design, they're a test behind everyone else with lots of speed to find. They'll be mid field this year.
:lol: :lol:
The pitfalls of prophesy! :mrgreen:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)