Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zgred

Re: Red Bull RB6

Not sure if it is Red Bull - my guess:

raymondu999

What exactly is the 2nd pic meant to be showing? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GTO

In the 1st pic, what would that slit opening be for at the bottom of the sidepod? F-duct?
What are we seeing in the 2nd pic? F-duct hole in cockpit for knee/elbow/backhand?

ringo

clever, this snorkel method has no drag penalty.
For Sure!!

Intego

The second pic shows MCL. Link

Maybe the hole in the cockpit to activate f-duct?
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

King Six
King Six

Second pic is from McLaren and I read somewhere that they've changed it from knee-operated to elbow/arm-operated and that's what the picture is showing.

I think...

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

Yep thats exactly what it is. Macca have changed from Knee to Wrist (ala Ferrari)

r0adrunn3r

Duct tape really adds to the technical prowess that is F1 :lol:

All that beautifully crafted aero bits on the outside, and parts held in place in the cockpit by duct tape (or should that be F-Duct tape!)

autogyro
autogyro

Duct tape is the most important tool in the box. Same in the music industry where it is called Gaffa tape.

gridwalker
gridwalker

Gaffa tape is like the force : It has a dark side, a light side and it binds the universe together ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

wesley123
wesley123

gridwalker wrote:Gaffa tape is like the force : It has a dark side, a light side and it binds the universe together ...
:lol: great one =D>
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zgred

lotus7
lotus7

gridwalker wrote:Gaffa tape is like the force : It has a dark side, a light side and it binds the universe together ...
Not Gaffa , but gaffer .
In the film industry it is called gaffer tape , in motor racing it is called duct tape
Duct tape comes from the air con industry , used to seal joints in the ducts they use to distribute the air.
Bye!

aral
aral

lotus7 wrote:
Not Gaffa , but gaffer .
In the film industry it is called gaffer tape , in motor racing it is called duct tape
Duct tape comes from the air con industry , used to seal joints in the ducts they use to distribute the air.
Bye!
I got it in my local B & Q, where it is called and labled DUCK tape! To me its just sticky tape.

RAF
RAF

Duck Tape is a brand, like Elephant Tape.
It's Duct tape like said above.

In the movie industry it's Gaffer Tape because the Gaffer is the one who runs around with it taping down all the cables so that people don't trip over.