Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zgred

Re: Red Bull RB6

zgred wrote:Better angle.
Quite the same thing.

ringo

working on suspension?
For Sure!!

Blackout

the secondary channel is lower and different...

raymondu999

The bulls will race it this weekend: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84767
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

fenix4life
fenix4life

Apparently they have a very clever design within the cockpit.
When I was checking the behavior of Nando and Massa in the Straight Line of the Finish/Start the Ferrari guys only removed they left hand for what 1 - 2 seconds at the most.
Webber en Vetel almost had it covered the entire straight.

The main difference is the location of the blow hole I presume. Ferrari had really to remove the hand and place is somewhere down at the left where as for Red Bul it was only a matter of moving the hand 2 - 3 centimeters to the left. SO they had still a basic grip with the left hand on the wheel but at the same time where using the F-Duct where this was not possible with Ferrari.

If my sight was correct then they can use thise advantage much longer then the other copy cats. Maybe the fact to wait until to implement this wasn't such a bad idea.

ringo

They brought the lower pipe, or the transition pipe as i like to call it, away from the bottom of the wing.
What was happening before was that this pipe was disturbing the flow in the middle of the underside of the wing. This flow is the most sensitive and is the most difficult to keep attached as it goes rearward. Having the pipe so close to the wing was basically blocking the oncoming flow, (virtually increasing the leading edge radius of the airfoil) taking away all the suction in the middle of the wing and reducing the downforce in that section.

Pulling the pipe away gives more room for the wing to work efficiently, however the pipe is kept at a distance where it is still in the low pressure field under the wing, so it can still get the signal to initiate the switch or transition.
For Sure!!

aral
aral

fenix4life wrote:Apparently they have a very clever design within the cockpit.
When I was checking the behavior of Nando and Massa in the Straight Line of the Finish/Start the Ferrari guys only removed they left hand for what 1 - 2 seconds at the most.
Webber en Vetel almost had it covered the entire straight.

The main difference is the location of the blow hole I presume. Ferrari had really to remove the hand and place is somewhere down at the left where as for Red Bul it was only a matter of moving the hand 2 - 3 centimeters to the left. SO they had still a basic grip with the left hand on the wheel but at the same time where using the F-Duct where this was not possible with Ferrari.

If my sight was correct then they can use thise advantage much longer then the other copy cats. Maybe the fact to wait until to implement this wasn't such a bad idea.
Yes, I noticed the short time that Alonso covered the hole. This could be explained by a very simple process. Blocking the hole causes the change of airflow, but once the hand is removed, the revised airflow keep operating in the changed mode, until speed is reduced when the airflow returns to normal. Difficult to explain , I know, but it works in fluid dynamics.

zgred

Blackout

PlatinumZealot

The side slot for the exhaust now extends to the lower diffuser.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

marcush.
marcush.

the whole RB6 looks like it was a paper model ,compared to the tanks we see in the other pit garages.. that difusser is waver thin.. :shock:

autogyro
autogyro

Rear end looks like a very pretty girl, not to be compared with the bubble butts that dominate the pit lane.

wesley123
wesley123

Finally! A diffuser wich uses circular sections. Such sections actually create an vortex itself allowing better extraction, such diffuser became common in group C.

Also notice the fins in the diffuser arent fully vertical but are tilted slightly.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raymondu999

The bottom line diffuser shape has always been that circular shape though :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123
wesley123

raymondu999 wrote:The bottom line diffuser shape has always been that circular shape though :?
I was talking about the center section and you know that too.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender