Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vasco

Re: Red Bull RB6

Crabbia wrote:
univex wrote:Image
is that floor split or is it my eyes playing tricks. look at the floor, just below the 'e' in red bull.
Yeah it is
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 0210-4.jpg

I guess they want to guide as much air as possible around the sidepods...

Blackout

split upper deck à la Williams

Last edited by Blackout on 10 Feb 2010, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

myurr
myurr

Enhanced picture of the diffuser. Some spray and image noise getting in the way of a really good view.

Image is much bigger than the forum allows so don't forget to right click -> view image

segedunum
segedunum

It might well all be over now as I've predicted unfortunately. They have a proven, winning car that they've already tested much of last season and the way they've packaged the car with the additional fuel alone suggests to me that they might well run and hide. It could well take other teams the best part of a year to catch up with that, and many of them might need to design new cars - especially if they feel the difference is in packaging - which is going to be critical for keeping the car balanced with all that weight.

Get your bets down now.

Spencifer_Murphy

Vasco wrote:
Crabbia wrote:
is that floor split or is it my eyes playing tricks. look at the floor, just below the 'e' in red bull.
Yeah it is
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 0210-4.jpg

I guess they want to guide as much air as possible around the sidepods...
I disagree...if you look closely at that picture you posted the floor is NOT split. In fact there is a small fin that curves upwards from the floor, as suggested earlier by Gary1203 here:
gary1203 wrote:
Crabbia wrote:
I think it's just some sort of fin curving upward
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

myurr wrote:Image

Enhanced picture of the diffuser. Some spray and image noise getting in the way of a really good view.

Image is much bigger than the forum allows so don't forget to right click -> view image
Looks like the upper deck exit is cut almost equally in both horiz and vertical planes rather than predominately vertical.

thestig84
thestig84

segedunum wrote:It might well all be over now as I've predicted unfortunately. They have a proven, winning car that they've already tested much of last season and the way they've packaged the car with the additional fuel alone suggests to me that they might well run and hide. It could well take other teams the best part of a year to catch up with that, and many of them might need to design new cars - especially if they feel the difference is in packaging - which is going to be critical for keeping the car balanced with all that weight.

Get your bets down now.
No thanks. I dont think we will see much running and hiding. Just because it was a winning car last year doesn't suggest it will this year. I think all the big teams will be back and running close. Certainly hope so!

Mr Alcatraz

thestig84 wrote:
segedunum wrote:It might well all be over now as I've predicted unfortunately. They have a proven, winning car that they've already tested much of last season and the way they've packaged the car with the additional fuel alone suggests to me that they might well run and hide. It could well take other teams the best part of a year to catch up with that, and many of them might need to design new cars - especially if they feel the difference is in packaging - which is going to be critical for keeping the car balanced with all that weight.

Get your bets down now.
I bet Webber doesn't even get 50 laps in without an engine malfunction the first day out!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

I highly doubt that is the definitive diffuser layout...I may be wrong but i seem to remember them running a similar setup at one stage last year.

Besides, size doesn't always count :P

Blackout

Mysticf1 wrote: remember them running a similar setup at one stage last year.
No.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Get your bets down now.
You can kiss good buy to your money then.

segedunum
segedunum

Diesel wrote:You can kiss good buy to your money then.
Based on what?

The packaging of that car compared to cars like the McLaren is like night and day really (just compare the 2009 car to the 2010 one) and with other teams not running KERS they can't mask their lack of cornering speed. The Renault is also handy on fuel efficiency. The Ferrari is apparently carrying a pretty large fuel tank, McLaren have gizmos all over their car for whatever reason and Mercedes are already off the pace.

thestig84
thestig84

segedunum wrote:
Diesel wrote:You can kiss good buy to your money then.
Based on what?

The packaging of that car compared to cars like the McLaren is like night and day really (just compare the 2009 car to the 2010 one) and with other teams not running KERS they can't mask their lack of cornering speed. The Renault is also handy on fuel efficiency. The Ferrari is apparently carrying a pretty large fuel tank, McLaren have gizmos all over their car for whatever reason and Mercedes are already off the pace.
Your right the packaging is night and day, the Mclaren is far better :) They seemed to have given away some tight packaging in favour of getting the car past the 50 lap mark!

djones
djones

segedunum -

The RB did not win the championship, a Brawn did therefore it was statistically not the best car. Statistics are what matter as at the end of the year thats what it comes down to.

There is ZERO evidence to say this RB6 is even as good as the old car let alone better. It looks pretty much the sameso far, unlike some of the radical designs on say the Mercedes and Mclaren.