Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
djones
djones

Re: Red Bull RB6

Surely that device just lifts the entire car at once?

No point messing about doing one end at a time when you can put the entire car in the air???

autogyro
autogyro

There are a lot of interesting things going on with the pull rod suspension.
You need some better detailed shots of it though.

segedunum
segedunum

I've just heard Christian Horner say that they think the Renault is 30 or 40 horsepower down in power on the Mercedes powered cars. Surely that can't be right?

With engine homologation and some clever lubricant combinations I'm sure you can extract an extra few horsepower here and there which is what Mercedes did last year, but from what I've seen of that Renault engine certainly in the Renault itself, it was nowhere near looking as if it was that much down on power. Only a concerted development effort, surely, could give Mercedes that much more power and that's pretty muched stopped via homologation.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

If the rear dampers are in the transmission area I would bet its running off the gasses from within that area, as some experts have aluded to already. Could it be the secret is out....... :shock:
More could have been done.
David Purley

autogyro
autogyro

segedunum wrote:I've just heard Christian Horner say that they think the Renault is 30 or 40 horsepower down in power on the Mercedes powered cars. Surely that can't be right?

With engine homologation and some clever lubricant combinations I'm sure you can extract an extra few horsepower here and there which is what Mercedes did last year, but from what I've seen of that Renault engine certainly in the Renault itself, it was nowhere near looking as if it was that much down on power. Only a concerted development effort, surely, could give Mercedes that much more power and that's pretty muched stopped via homologation.
Sour grapes? or perhaps a smoke screen motivated by the RB reliability scares?

Blackout

This is the new wing (and you can also see the new fins under the nose a la Ferrari)

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Autogyro

Horner is a renowned BS'er. How is it Renault could reovertake an F-duct equiped Mclaren at Sepang? Most certainly not with an engine 50bhp down on the mercs.

He ought to shut up. Seen as though he keeps bleating on how everyone is pointing fingers at his team with the wunder suspension.....a bit too rich for my liking.
More could have been done.
David Purley

raymondu999

Oh wow. I love the lock of that sexy angled new front wing.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

segedunum wrote:I've just heard Christian Horner say that they think the Renault is 30 or 40 horsepower down in power on the Mercedes powered cars. Surely that can't be right?
Bullshit. People say not more than 10 HP... The RS27 is not that far... and it will be updated in Barcelona...

Blackout

...and new deflectors

djones
djones

How come Renault get to change the engine.

Or do all the teams?

If its just Renault then how on earth did that ever get passed?

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

axle
axle

djones wrote:How come Renault get to change the engine.

Or do all the teams?

They put forward reliability issues and fixes to the FIA who run them by the other manufacturers, they then agreed to the changes on that basis.
- Axle

manchild
manchild

djones wrote:How come Renault get to change the engine.

Or do all the teams?

Renault just follows what Mercedes has done - asked FIA to fix reliability and gain more power. 30 HP is how much Mercedes gained by fixing "reliability" issues.

Now it's Ferrari's turn - to ask FIA to reduce power in order to increase reliability. :lol:

timbo
timbo

manchild wrote: Now it's Ferrari's turn - to ask FIA to reduce power in order to increase reliability. :lol:
The work is already being done=) Nobody would say that Ferrari has too much of a reliability!